[Vote] New XWiki.org Homepage

12

Re: [Vote] New XWiki.org Homepage

From the discussions I've seen it seems there are many liking slide 2.
I would also be +1 to put it first.
Now still a download button could be good outside of the slide area.

Concerning the cube maybe a different approach would be to use layers
of small cubes instead of a cube.
The lower layer would be the platform, the second layer XE / XEM, the
third layer the modules

Overall the work is much better than what we have today and despite
all the remarks I'm +1 to get it online with just the easy changes. We
could improve it later.

Ludovic

2012/3/1 Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <[hidden email]>:

> On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 17:57, Jerome Velociter <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Hi Caty,
>>
>> Some remarks :
>>
>> - We need a better title than "XWiki Projects and their relation"
>>

> maybe just "XWiki Projects" ?
>

>> - It wasn't obvious to me right away the upper part was a slider.
>> Maybe it should loop automatically on the slides once, at first (with
>> a 5 seconds delay or so) ?
>>

> the carousel loops - we can minimize the wait time
>

>> - Could we drop the XEclipse and XOffice promises from the front page
>> ? (probably for another thread)
>>

> this can be easily fixed when we will not support them, otherwise they are
> still our top level projects.
>

>> - Like Guillaume I'm not such a big fan of the rubik's cube on the first
>> slide
>>
>> we can put slide2 as the first one. I worked the most on slide 1 :) so
> it's normal if put it first. Also it has more color nad things going on
> that the rest of the slides.
>
> Thanks Jerome
>

>> Jerome
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 10:03 PM, Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hi devs,
>> >
>> > I've been working for a new XWiki.org homepage. You can find it live at
>> > http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/XWikiOrgCode/WebHome
>> >
>> > Static screenshots at:
>> > Slide1<
>> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Improvements/XWikiOrgHomepage/WebHomeV3S1.png
>> >,
>> > Slide2<
>> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Improvements/XWikiOrgHomepage/WebHomeV3S2.png
>> >,
>> > Slide3<
>> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Improvements/XWikiOrgHomepage/WebHomeV3S3.png
>> >

>> > Any feedback regarding this work is welcomed.
>> >
>> > I'm asking for your vote to make this proposal the default homepage for
>> > XWiki.org.
>> > This is my +1.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Caty

>> Jérôme Velociter
>> Winesquare
>> http://www.winesquare.net/

Founder and CEO
Blog: http://blog.ludovic.org/
XWiki: http://www.xwiki.com
Skype: ldubost GTalk: ldubost

Re: [Vote] New XWiki.org Homepage

I've put Slide 2 (the one with XWiki Enterprise) as the first slide and
I've reduced the slide waiting time to 9 seconds.
Changed http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome with the new
content.

For any bug or improvement request please report them to
http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKIORG to have a clear evidence on them.
Thank you so much for all the feedback. I will try to make improvements on
this proposal when I will have the time. Anyone is welcomed to participate.

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 16:37, Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> From the discussions I've seen it seems there are many liking slide 2.
> I would also be +1 to put it first.
> Now still a download button could be good outside of the slide area.
>
> Concerning the cube maybe a different approach would be to use layers
> of small cubes instead of a cube.
> The lower layer would be the platform, the second layer XE / XEM, the
> third layer the modules
>
> Overall the work is much better than what we have today and despite
> all the remarks I'm +1 to get it online with just the easy changes. We
> could improve it later.
>
> Ludovic
>
> 2012/3/1 Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) <[hidden email]>:
> > On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 17:57, Jerome Velociter <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Caty,
> >>
> >> Some remarks :
> >>
> >> - We need a better title than "XWiki Projects and their relation"
> >>

> > maybe just "XWiki Projects" ?
> >

> >> - It wasn't obvious to me right away the upper part was a slider.
> >> Maybe it should loop automatically on the slides once, at first (with
> >> a 5 seconds delay or so) ?
> >>

> > the carousel loops - we can minimize the wait time
> >

> >> - Could we drop the XEclipse and XOffice promises from the front page
> >> ? (probably for another thread)
> >>

> > this can be easily fixed when we will not support them, otherwise they
> are
> > still our top level projects.
> >

> >> - Like Guillaume I'm not such a big fan of the rubik's cube on the first
> >> slide
> >>
> >> we can put slide2 as the first one. I worked the most on slide 1 :) so
> > it's normal if put it first. Also it has more color nad things going on
> > that the rest of the slides.
> >
> > Thanks Jerome
> >

> >> Jerome

> at

> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Improvements/XWikiOrgHomepage/WebHomeV3S1.png
> >>
> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Improvements/XWikiOrgHomepage/WebHomeV3S2.png
> >>
> http://incubator.myxwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Improvements/XWikiOrgHomepage/WebHomeV3S3.png

> for

> >> --
> >> Jérôme Velociter
> >> Winesquare
> >> http://www.winesquare.net/

> Ludovic Dubost
> Founder and CEO
> Blog: http://blog.ludovic.org/
> XWiki: http://www.xwiki.com
> Skype: ldubost GTalk: ldubost

Re: [Vote] New XWiki.org Homepage

rrodriguezIDIS
I do like it! :-)

Just a bit too fast the rotation of banners for me!!!

Thank you so much for your work!

--
Ricardo Rodríguez
Research Management and Promotion Technician

> [...]

> >> Some remarks :
> >>
> >> - We need a better title than "XWiki Projects and their relation"
> >>

> > maybe just "XWiki Projects" ?
> >

> >> - It wasn't obvious to me right away the upper part was a slider.
> >> Maybe it should loop automatically on the slides once, at first (with
> >> a 5 seconds delay or so) ?
> >>

> > the carousel loops - we can minimize the wait time
> >

> >> - Could we drop the XEclipse and XOffice promises from the front page
> >> ? (probably for another thread)
> >>

> > this can be easily fixed when we will not support them, otherwise they
> are
> > still our top level projects.
> >

> >> - Like Guillaume I'm not such a big fan of the rubik's cube on the first
> >> slide
> >>
> >> we can put slide2 as the first one. I worked the most on slide 1 :) so
> > it's normal if put it first. Also it has more color nad things going on

Nota: A información contida nesta mensaxe e os seus posibles documentos adxuntos é privada e confidencial e está dirixida únicamente ó seu destinatario/a. Se vostede non é o/a destinatario/a orixinal desta mensaxe, por favor elimínea. A distribución ou copia desta mensaxe non está autorizada.

Nota: La información contenida en este mensaje y sus posibles documentos adjuntos es privada y confidencial y está dirigida únicamente a su destinatario/a. Si usted no es el/la destinatario/a original de este mensaje, por favor elimínelo. La distribución o copia de este mensaje no está autorizada.

See more languages: http://www.sergas.es/aviso_confidencialidad.htm
Ricardo Rodríguez
Research Management and Promotion Technician
Technical Secretariat
Health Research Institute of Santiago de Compostela (IDIS)
http://www.idisantiago.es

Re: [Vote] New XWiki.org Homepage

Roman Muntyanu
Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) wrote
Regarding the graphics: your suggestion were very interesting (with lots of
examples :) ) and yes, we can try alternatives to better suggest the
projects relation. I just did what it was on my mind. I really liked the
http://www.shutterstock.com/pic.mhtml?id=55704010
suggestion. Now that I learned to work with css animation and transitions
it will be more easily to experiment.

Anyway although there are lots of things that could be improved, I really
think this version is better than what we currently have.

Thank you Roman,
Caty
Caty, hi once again,

If the topic is still open - recently I found this design template
   http://www.cimaxtemplate.com/template/27614.htm  (view in IE8 and make sure you don't turn the sound too loud :) )
Despite the colors, this template describes quite close the dynamics and shapes of what was on my mind.
Main area with XWiki components and helper area which shows-up when one of the components is clicked. I doubt this will scale well for the cell phones but for tablets should be ok (especially because click-able items are thumb-sized).

Regards,
  Roman

Re: [Vote] New XWiki.org Homepage

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 23:17, coldserenity <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Ecaterina Moraru (Valica) wrote
> >
> > Regarding the graphics: your suggestion were very interesting (with lots
> > of
> > examples :) ) and yes, we can try alternatives to better suggest the
> > projects relation. I just did what it was on my mind. I really liked the
> > http://www.shutterstock.com/pic.mhtml?id=55704010
> > suggestion. Now that I learned to work with css animation and transitions
> > it will be more easily to experiment.
> >
> > Anyway although there are lots of things that could be improved, I really
> > think this version is better than what we currently have.
> >
> > Thank you Roman,
> > Caty
> >

> Caty, hi once again,
>
> Hi Roman,

> If the topic is still open - recently I found this design template
>   http://www.cimaxtemplate.com/template/27614.htm  (view in IE8 and make
> sure you don't turn the sound too loud :) )
> Despite the colors, this template describes quite close the dynamics and
> shapes of what was on my mind.
> Main area with XWiki components and helper area which shows-up when one of
> the components is clicked. I doubt this will scale well for the cell phones
> but for tablets should be ok (especially because click-able items are
> thumb-sized).

Thanks for sharing :) very SF because of the sound effects.
Yes it's an interesting idea .
I've made
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Carousel/Section0/hexagon.png
Maybe you'll like it.