Watch list email format

Daniel Johansson
I know this has been asked before but I can't find an answer. Can one customize the notification email format? For a non-wiki user those email look confusing. I'd like to have that a document was changed, link to the document and who changed it.

Thank you
Daniel

Re: Watch list email format

Jean-Vincent Drean-3
Hi,

The email template is a XWiki.Mail object located in XWiki.WatchListMessage.
You might want to remove calls to the #displayhtmldiff macro.

JV.

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 5:41 PM, Daniel Johansson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I know this has been asked before but I can't find an answer. Can one
> customize the notification email format? For a non-wiki user those email
> look confusing. I'd like to have that a document was changed, link to the
> document and who changed it.
>
> Thank you
> Daniel

Re: Watch list email format

On May 7, 2010, at 5:41 PM, Daniel Johansson wrote:

> I know this has been asked before but I can't find an answer. Can one
> customize the notification email format? For a non-wiki user those email
> look confusing. I'd like to have that a document was changed, link to the
> document and who changed it.

It should have been documented here normally:
http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Applications/WatchlistApplication

But I can't find it either.

It's possible though. Search the mail archives should give you an answer.

Someone needs to be add it to

On May 7, 2010, at 6:13 PM, Vincent Massol wrote:

> On May 7, 2010, at 5:41 PM, Daniel Johansson wrote:
>

>> I know this has been asked before but I can't find an answer. Can one
>> customize the notification email format? For a non-wiki user those email
>> look confusing. I'd like to have that a document was changed, link to the
>> document and who changed it.
>
> It should have been documented here normally:
> http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Applications/WatchlistApplication
>
> But I can't find it either.
>
> It's possible though. Search the mail archives should give you an answer.
>
> Someone needs to be add it to
> http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Applications/WatchlistApplication

Thanks to Jean-Vincent it's now described there :)

Re: Watch list email format

Daniel Johansson
Thank you guys!

I'm not very experienced with xwiki; I see a lot of references to $msg.get. Are these messages (such as watchlist.notification.email.greeting in the template) configurable as well?

Daniel

Re: Watch list email format

On May 7, 2010, at 7:06 PM, Daniel Johansson wrote:

> Thank you guys!
>
> I'm not very experienced with xwiki; I see a lot of references to $msg.get.
> Are these messages (such as watchlist.notification.email.greeting in the
> template) configurable as well?

Yes they are there for translations.
You can override them directly in your wiki if you want.
See http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/InternationalizingApplications