Watchlist

Esbach, Brandon
Watchlist

Err, second query on new features

Watchlist
1) Can I setup the service to use my own script for sending email instead of the builtin one?
  b) Failing that, how does one setup the email server settings, including login details?  I'd prefer to set this up at the xwiki.cfg level if possible, as this will then map across to all virtual servers.

2) Will this send multiple emails (one per watch), or a single combined email per day?

Re: Watchlist

Jean-Vincent Drean
Hi,

> Watchlist
> 1) Can I setup the service to use my own script for sending email instead of
> the builtin one?

Own script or own email template ?
- sendMail code : com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.mailsender.MailSenderPlugin (line 592)
- email template : XWiki.WatchListMessage

>   b) Failing that, how does one setup the email server settings, including
> login details?  I'd prefer to set this up at the xwiki.cfg level if
> possible, as this will then map across to all virtual servers.

FTM the SMTP server is configured at the XWiki.XWikiPreferences level
(and SMTP auth is not handled), it can be modified at
com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.mailsender.MailSenderPlugin (line 416).

> 2) Will this send multiple emails (one per watch), or a single combined
> email per day?

It will combine the notifications and send you an email every
hour/day/week/month according to the your personal preference
(accessible from Watch>Manage in the top menu).

Regards,
JV.

Re: Watchlist

Esbach, Brandon
>>Own script or own email template ?
Own script.  I already have a written, tested, implemented groovy script
that handles our particular solution fairly well. I'd rather not modify
plugins, as this would make it that much harder to keep consistant
across our different locations (beside me not knowing java much outside
of groovy's similarities).

XWiki.WatchListMessage is blank at the moment, is that intentional?

On Dec 19, 2007 7:10 PM, Esbach, Brandon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>Own script or own email template ?
> Own script.  I already have a written, tested, implemented groovy script
> that handles our particular solution fairly well. I'd rather not modify
> plugins, as this would make it that much harder to keep consistant
> across our different locations (beside me not knowing java much outside
> of groovy's similarities).

I don't see any simple solution to use your groovy script instead of
the builtin mechanism.

> XWiki.WatchListMessage is blank at the moment, is that intentional?

It contains a XWiki.Mail object but yes its content is blank, may be
we should add some display code here.

JV.