What is recommended DB for XWiki?

Roman Muntyanu
Hello,

  As we are currently migrating our XWiki server to 64bit platform I believe I have freedom to consider switching DB.
  We are currently using 32bit MySQLv5.0.77 (innodb engine, 500M of attachments stored in-db) so the options are

·         Upgrade to MySQLv5.6.x

·         Migrate to PostgreSQL 8.1 (via XWiki export/import as xar backup feature)

  The question is: which of those databases is more supported? (mostly used for development, supported by admin application, etc)

  Regards,
Roman

Re: What is recommended DB for XWiki?

On Nov 6, 2012, at 1:31 PM, Roman Muntyanu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  As we are currently migrating our XWiki server to 64bit platform I believe I have freedom to consider switching DB.
>  We are currently using 32bit MySQLv5.0.77 (innodb engine, 500M of attachments stored in-db) so the options are
>
> ·         Upgrade to MySQLv5.6.x
>
> ·         Migrate to PostgreSQL 8.1 (via XWiki export/import as xar backup feature)
>
>  The question is: which of those databases is more supported? (mostly used for development, supported by admin application, etc)

MySQL.

For example, ATM virtual mode is not supported for PostgreSQL AFAIK.

Re: What is recommended DB for XWiki?

Roman Muntyanu
Thanks, then we'll go the MySQL path ( ... for now ;) )

On Nov 6, 2012, at 1:31 PM, Roman Muntyanu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>  As we are currently migrating our XWiki server to 64bit platform I believe I have freedom to consider switching DB.
>  We are currently using 32bit MySQLv5.0.77 (innodb engine, 500M of attachments stored in-db) so the options are
>
> *         Upgrade to MySQLv5.6.x
>
> *         Migrate to PostgreSQL 8.1 (via XWiki export/import as xar backup feature)
>
>  The question is: which of those databases is more supported? (mostly used for development, supported by admin application, etc)

MySQL.

For example, ATM virtual mode is not supported for PostgreSQL AFAIK.

Re: What is recommended DB for XWiki?

Actually we have
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/DatabaseSupportStrategy

But I've just realized we don't detail the level of support we have ATM.

Something to improve…