Quantcast

Which subdirectory to delete for xwiki 8.4.4 cleaning?

Which subdirectory to delete for xwiki 8.4.4 cleaning?

PascalB
Hello,

Could you tell me chich subdirectory to delete for xwiki cleaning in my environment.permanentDirectory=/home/xxxx/data_xwiki/?

When I need to restart, upgrade xwiki or save my data subdirectory, I wonder which subdirectory I can delete...

I know I can remove: /home/xxxx/data_xwiki/solr

Can I remove, these one?
/home/xxxx/data_xwiki/mails/
/home/xxxx/data_xwiki/lucene
and/or
/home/xxxx/data_xwiki/cache/

Thxs

Pascal B

Re: Which subdirectory to delete for xwiki 8.4.4 cleaning?

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 11:25 AM, Pascal BASTIEN
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could you tell me chich subdirectory to delete for xwiki cleaning in my environment.permanentDirectory=/home/xxxx/data_xwiki/?
>
> When I need to restart, upgrade xwiki or save my data subdirectory, I wonder which subdirectory I can delete...
>
> I know I can remove: /home/xxxx/data_xwiki/solr
>
> Can I remove, these one?

> /home/xxxx/data_xwiki/mails/

AFAIK this folder is used to store mail before they are actually sent.

> /home/xxxx/data_xwiki/lucene

This is not used since 7.0 so you should definitely get rid of it.

> and/or

> /home/xxxx/data_xwiki/cache/

Not a bad idea. For now this folder contains only descriptors of core
extensions that were resolved online you get more details
("extension/core" subfolder). If you delete it XWiki will simply try
to resolve them at startup but it won't need to resolve much since the
WAR embeds complete descriptors for all the JARs it contains in 8.4.4.
It will clean descriptors that were downloaded in previous versions.

> Thxs
>
> Pascal B

Now, except for lucene maybe if you have lots of documents, cleaning
those folders should not free much space if that's why you want to
cleanup.

Re: Which subdirectory to delete for xwiki 8.4.4 cleaning?

Hi Pascal,

> On 10 Apr 2017, at 12:15, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 11:25 AM, Pascal BASTIEN
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Could you tell me chich subdirectory to delete for xwiki cleaning in my environment.permanentDirectory=/home/xxxx/data_xwiki/?

See http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Backup

PS: I’ve added some missing details.