Workspaces and group management

Dmitry Bakbardin
Hi,

For now owner can invite users to workspace. Is there any possibility to invite GROUPS?

I need following scenario:
- Main Wiki Group A, B, C
- Workspace "One" invites Group A, B and denies Group C to see workspace "One"
- I register a new user and add it to group A
- This user AUTOMATICALLY gains access/invitation to workspace.
- I delete user from the Group A and user is rejected by workspace "one" also automatically

Is there any simple way to do this?

Kind regards,

Dmitry

Re: Workspaces and group management

Dmitry Bakbardin

Hi, All, again!

I found very strange IMO behaviour of access rights in 3.4 XEM.

How to reproduce:
1) Clean installation of 3.4 XEM
2) Default Admin creates "test" workspace

14 февраля 2012, 00:04 от Dmitry Bakbardin <[hidden email]>:

Hi,

For now owner can invite users to workspace. Is there any possibility to invite GROUPS?

I need following scenario:
- Main Wiki Group A, B, C
- Workspace "One" invites Group A, B and denies Group C to see workspace "One"
- I register a new user and add it to group A
- This user AUTOMATICALLY gains access/invitation to workspace.
- I delete user from the Group A and user is rejected by workspace "one" also automatically

Is there any simple way to do this?

Kind regards,

Dmitry

Kind regards,

Dmitry

Re: Workspaces and group management

Eduard Moraru
Hi Dmitry,

Currently Workspaces does not officially support adding entire groups to a
workspace. The UI does not say anything about that, but it can be done.
However, once you do that, the users of the group that just got added to
the workspace as member will not be recognized as members by the UI (even
though they have view and edit rights).

This is mainly my fault since I pretty much forgot about that usecase and I
was focusing on users.

I have created 2 jira issues to address this problem:
http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-7531
http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-7530

I will try to fix this in the future versions, as soon as I make the time.

For now, you can add individual users. If you want groups, you can add a
global group as a subgroup of the XWiki.XWikiAllGroup of your workspace by
editing the XWiki.XWikiAllGroup page in inline mode (but do remember about
http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-7530 - UI not recognizing members as
workspace members).

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Eduard

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 10:04 PM, Dmitry Bakbardin <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For now owner can invite users to workspace. Is there any possibility to
> invite GROUPS?
>
> I need following scenario:
> - Main Wiki Group A, B, C
> - Workspace "One" invites Group A, B and denies Group C to see workspace
> "One"
> - I register a new user and add it to group A
> - This user AUTOMATICALLY gains access/invitation to workspace.
> - I delete user from the Group A and user is rejected by workspace "one"
> also automatically
>
> Is there any simple way to do this?
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Dmitry

Re: Workspaces and group management

Roman Muntyanu
Since the talk is about rights management, here is another issue I've noticed recently
  http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-7521
might be relevant to the topic

Currently Workspaces does not officially support adding entire groups to a workspace. The UI does not say anything about that, but it can be done.
However, once you do that, the users of the group that just got added to the workspace as member will not be recognized as members by the UI (even though they have view and edit rights).

This is mainly my fault since I pretty much forgot about that usecase and I was focusing on users.

I have created 2 jira issues to address this problem:
http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-7531
http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-7530

I will try to fix this in the future versions, as soon as I make the time.

For now, you can add individual users. If you want groups, you can add a global group as a subgroup of the XWiki.XWikiAllGroup of your workspace by editing the XWiki.XWikiAllGroup page in inline mode (but do remember about
http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-7530 - UI not recognizing members as workspace members).

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Eduard

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 10:04 PM, Dmitry Bakbardin <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For now owner can invite users to workspace. Is there any possibility
> to invite GROUPS?
>
> I need following scenario:
> - Main Wiki Group A, B, C
> - Workspace "One" invites Group A, B and denies Group C to see
> workspace "One"
> - I register a new user and add it to group A
> - This user AUTOMATICALLY gains access/invitation to workspace.
> - I delete user from the Group A and user is rejected by workspace "one"
> also automatically
>
> Is there any simple way to do this?
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Dmitry

Re: Workspaces and group management

Eduard Moraru
Hi Roman,

Not sure if what you mentioned is relevant to this topic (workspaces and
user management), but thanks anyway :)

-Eduard