XEM xmlpc using a wiki farm

Jones, Dan
How can you use the standard XWikiXMLRPCClient to add pages or spaces to a particular wiki, when you are running the XWiki Enterprise Manager application?

I have installed everything, and I've made 2 new wikis.

When I log in as localhost:8080/xwiki/xmlrpc/confluence, I can add a space or page, but I can't specify which wiki to use!

The url localhost:8080/xwiki/wiki/NEW_WIKI/xmlrpc/confluence doesn't hit the xml rpc servlet filter. It initializes my context to the XWiki that is the main one, not a sub-wiki.

String url = "http://localhost:8080/xwiki/xmlrpc/confluence";
      XWikiXmlRpcClient rpc = new XWikiXmlRpcClient( url);
      rpc.login( user, pass);

rpc.storePage(someNewPage);

Thanks!
Dan

________________________________
This communication (including all attachments) is intended solely for
the use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed and should be treated
as a confidential AAA communication. If you are not the intended
recipient, any use, distribution, printing, or copying of this email is
strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please
immediately delete it from your system and notify the originator. Your
cooperation is appreciated.

Re: XEM xmlpc using a wiki farm

You can't manipulate sub wikis trough localhost or IP which is always
associated to main wiki and there is nothing in the XML-RPC URL to
indicate the wiki like there is in REST API. That said it should be ok
when you access the wiki using the domain associated to the wiki. Like
in http://somewiki.mydomainh.com/xwiki/xmlrpc/confluence.

Note that the XML-RPC API is more or less deprecated in flavor of the
REST API so you might want to migrate if not too much work.

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 4:07 PM, Jones, Dan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How can you use the standard XWikiXMLRPCClient to add pages or spaces to a particular wiki, when you are running the XWiki Enterprise Manager application?
>
> I have installed everything, and I've made 2 new wikis.
>
> When I log in as localhost:8080/xwiki/xmlrpc/confluence, I can add a space or page, but I can't specify which wiki to use!
>
> The url localhost:8080/xwiki/wiki/NEW_WIKI/xmlrpc/confluence doesn't hit the xml rpc servlet filter. It initializes my context to the XWiki that is the main one, not a sub-wiki.
>
> String url = "http://localhost:8080/xwiki/xmlrpc/confluence";
>       XWikiXmlRpcClient rpc = new XWikiXmlRpcClient( url);
>       rpc.login( user, pass);
>
> rpc.storePage(someNewPage);
>

> Thanks!
> Dan
>
> ________________________________
> This communication (including all attachments) is intended solely for
> the use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed and should be treated
> as a confidential AAA communication. If you are not the intended
> recipient, any use, distribution, printing, or copying of this email is
> strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please
> immediately delete it from your system and notify the originator. Your
> cooperation is appreciated.

Re: XEM xmlpc using a wiki farm

Jones, Dan
Thank you Mr. Mortagne! Keep up the great work.

I will go with the 2nd option and use the REST api.

________________________________
This communication (including all attachments) is intended solely for
the use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed and should be treated
as a confidential AAA communication. If you are not the intended
recipient, any use, distribution, printing, or copying of this email is
strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please
immediately delete it from your system and notify the originator. Your
cooperation is appreciated.

Re: XEM xmlpc using a wiki farm

sasinda
Hi Thomas, Jones
Do we already have a J2SE client for REST api ? .
Otherwise the android REST connector and the RAL(RESTFul Access
Layer)<https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/android-client>can easily be
converted to a J2SE project. It only depends on the Apache
HTTP Client.
Just mentioned if Jones was going to have make one from scratch.
(only issue is those modules have not matured enough, up to a state where
the surface APIs are very stable and adequate)

Regards,
Sasinda.

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Jones, Dan <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Thank you Mr. Mortagne! Keep up the great work.
>
> I will go with the 2nd option and use the REST api.
>

> ________________________________
> This communication (including all attachments) is intended solely for
> the use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed and should be treated
> as a confidential AAA communication. If you are not the intended
> recipient, any use, distribution, printing, or copying of this email is
> strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please
> immediately delete it from your system and notify the originator. Your
> cooperation is appreciated.

Re: XEM xmlpc using a wiki farm

Nope there is none so indeed providing one that can be used in both
J2SE et Android would be nice especially since Android project can
directly depends on a standard jar project.