XOffice : Which (how) .Net version ?

Simon Glet
Hi,

In order to debug my connection too XE 2.2 from Word and because it is
impossible to tcpdump 127.0.0.1 on Windows I installed a proxy in
order to see what is wrong with my connection string.

Now that I want to reinstall XOffice_1_1_M2.exe I get the following message :

"Name:
From: http://xoffice.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Repository/WebHome/XWord1.1.zip/XWord.vsto

"The required version of the .NET Framework is not installed on this computer."

************** Exception Text **************
Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.InstallAddInFailedException:
"The required version of the .NET Framework is not installed on this
computer."
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.SolutionInstaller.<>c__DisplayClass7.<Install>b__0()"

As I have .Net v1.0.3705, v1.1.4322, v2.0.50727, v3.0 and v3.5 which
version do I need to "register" (how would be nice too) to get XOffice
running ?

Thanks
Simon Glet

Re: XOffice : Which (how) .Net version ?

Florin Ciubotaru
Hi Simon,

XOffice runs on .net 3.5.
If .net 3.5 is not found on your computer then it is automatically
downloaded and installed by the XOffice installer. There's definitely
something wrong there, since you should never get that message.
I never had this problem but I think this is probably an wrong error
message of the installer. From what I understand you already had XOffice
on the machine, so in this case there shouldn't be anything wrong with
your .net install.
First thing to do is to make sure you uninstalled XOffice 1.0 before
installing 1.1 M2 and that your firewall doesn't stop the installer from
accessing xwiki.org and the Microsoft sites.
I'm not sure how the installer and XOffice itself handle the proxy,
there could be issues with it. This can be easily implemented but I
didn't get the time to do it yet.

Florin Ciubotaru

On 2/23/2010 4:01 PM, Simon Glet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In order to debug my connection too XE 2.2 from Word and because it is
> impossible to tcpdump 127.0.0.1 on Windows I installed a proxy in
> order to see what is wrong with my connection string.
>
> Now that I want to reinstall XOffice_1_1_M2.exe I get the following message :
>
> "Name:
> From: http://xoffice.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Repository/WebHome/XWord1.1.zip/XWord.vsto
>
> "The required version of the .NET Framework is not installed on this computer."
>
> ************** Exception Text **************
> Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.InstallAddInFailedException:
> "The required version of the .NET Framework is not installed on this
> computer."
>     at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()
>     at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.SolutionInstaller.<>c__DisplayClass7.<Install>b__0()"
>
> As I have .Net v1.0.3705, v1.1.4322, v2.0.50727, v3.0 and v3.5 which
> version do I need to "register" (how would be nice too) to get XOffice
> running ?
>
> Thanks
> Simon Glet

Re: XOffice : Which (how) .Net version ?

Sergiu Dumitriu-2
On 02/23/2010 04:04 PM, Florin Ciubotaru wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> XOffice runs on .net 3.5.
> If .net 3.5 is not found on your computer then it is automatically
> downloaded and installed by the XOffice installer. There's definitely
> something wrong there, since you should never get that message.
> I never had this problem but I think this is probably an wrong error
> message of the installer. From what I understand you already had XOffice
> on the machine, so in this case there shouldn't be anything wrong with
> your .net install.
> First thing to do is to make sure you uninstalled XOffice 1.0 before
> installing 1.1 M2 and that your firewall doesn't stop the installer from
> accessing xwiki.org and the Microsoft sites.
> I'm not sure how the installer and XOffice itself handle the proxy,
> there could be issues with it. This can be easily implemented but I
> didn't get the time to do it yet.

Another user reported this problem sometime ago on IRC, and he pointed
to some help page from MS which indicated that there's a bug in the VS
compiler, present in one of their beta versions. I don't remember the
exact details, but the problem is a missing configuration file inside
the installer.

http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Re: XOffice : Which (how) .Net version ?

Simon Glet
Hi Florin,

The proxy is not used by XOffice's installer but just in case I shut
it down and the problem remains. The major change on my machine is
that since the last time I tested XOffice, I installed Visual Studio
2008 Pro and it's SP1.

From this http://blogs.msdn.com/vsto/archive/2009/05/07/issues-with-installing-vsto-projects-that-were-published-from-visual-studio-2008-on-windows-7-rc-saurabh-bhatia.aspx
it seems to be a known problem. In my case the FrameworkList.xml file
doesn't have the right size so something is obviously missing.

Thanks
Simon Glet

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Florin Ciubotaru
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> XOffice runs on .net 3.5.
> If .net 3.5 is not found on your computer then it is automatically
> downloaded and installed by the XOffice installer. There's definitely
> something wrong there, since you should never get that message.
> I never had this problem but I think this is probably an wrong error
> message of the installer. From what I understand you already had XOffice
> on the machine, so in this case there shouldn't be anything wrong with
> your .net install.
> First thing to do is to make sure you uninstalled XOffice 1.0 before
> installing 1.1 M2 and that your firewall doesn't stop the installer from
> accessing xwiki.org and the Microsoft sites.
> I'm not sure how the installer and XOffice itself handle the proxy,
> there could be issues with it. This can be easily implemented but I
> didn't get the time to do it yet.
>
> Florin Ciubotaru
>
> On 2/23/2010 4:01 PM, Simon Glet wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In order to debug my connection too XE 2.2 from Word and because it is
>> impossible to tcpdump 127.0.0.1 on Windows I installed a proxy in
>> order to see what is wrong with my connection string.
>>
>> Now that I want to reinstall XOffice_1_1_M2.exe I get the following message :
>>
>> "Name:
>> From: http://xoffice.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/download/Repository/WebHome/XWord1.1.zip/XWord.vsto
>>
>> "The required version of the .NET Framework is not installed on this computer."
>>
>> ************** Exception Text **************
>> Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.InstallAddInFailedException:
>> "The required version of the .NET Framework is not installed on this
>> computer."
>>     at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Deployment.ClickOnceAddInDeploymentManager.InstallAddIn()
>>     at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Office.Runtime.SolutionInstaller.<>c__DisplayClass7.<Install>b__0()"
>>
>> As I have .Net v1.0.3705, v1.1.4322, v2.0.50727, v3.0 and v3.5 which
>> version do I need to "register" (how would be nice too) to get XOffice
>> running ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Simon Glet

Re: XOffice : Which (how) .Net version ?

Florin Ciubotaru
Hi,

Just found that msdn page too after seeing Sergiu's tip. Looks that the problem is on my side since I published the binaries from a Win7 RC machine. I'll republish them tomorrow morning from another machine.

In order to avoid this, the publishing should be done by hudson. This is just another reason to ping the community infrastructure admins for: http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWPLT-174

Re: XOffice : Which (how) .Net version ?

Simon Glet
I am looking forward to the next release !

Thanks
Simon Glet

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 11:58 AM, Florin Ciubotaru

> Just found that msdn page too after seeing Sergiu's tip. Looks that the
> problem is on my side since I published the binaries from a Win7 RC machine.
> I'll republish them tomorrow morning from another machine.
>
> In order to avoid this, the publishing should be done by hudson. This is
> just another reason to ping the community infrastructure admins for:
> http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWPLT-174

Re: XOffice : Which (how) .Net version ?

dipper
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: XOffice : Which (how) .Net version ?

Florin Ciubotaru
Hi,

Republished XOffice versions 1.0 and 1.1 M2. Please let me know how it goes.

Florin Ciubotaru

Re: XOffice : Which (how) .Net version ?

Simon Glet
Hi Florin,

The installation went perfectly.

Thanks
Simon Glet

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 4:03 AM, Florin Ciubotaru

> Republished XOffice versions 1.0 and 1.1 M2. Please let me know how it goes.
>
> Florin Ciubotaru

Re: XOffice : Which (how) .Net version ?

Guillaume Lerouge
Hi Simon,

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 3:23 PM, Simon Glet <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Florin,
>
> The installation went perfectly.

See... Give us a little time and eventually all your XWiki gripes get fixed
;-)

Guillaume

> Thanks
> Simon Glet
>
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 4:03 AM, Florin Ciubotaru
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Republished XOffice versions 1.0 and 1.1 M2. Please let me know how it
> goes.
> >
> > Florin Ciubotaru

Guillaume Lerouge
Product Manager - XWiki SAS
Skype: wikibc
Twitter: glerouge
http://guillaumelerouge.com/

Re: XOffice : Which (how) .Net version ?

Simon Glet
Yeah, I jumped to gun during my evaluation. Sorry about that.

Best Regards
Simon Glet