XOffice connection question

Christensen, Courtney

Hi List,

I've got an instance of XWiki installed and working, and I've got XOffice installed as well.  When I enter my log in information in the XOffice ribbon I can see the Wiki Explorer, but I cannot save things back to the wiki.  What should I check next to be able to "Publish Documents" back to the wiki?

Thanks!
Courtney Christensen

Re: XOffice connection question

Florin Ciubotaru
Hi,

Are you able to start editing(open the pages in Word)?
I would also need more details on the noticed behavior, error messages,
XWiki version and XOffice version.

Thanks,
Florin Ciubotaru

On 2/25/2010 6:32 PM, Christensen, Courtney wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I've got an instance of XWiki installed and working, and I've got XOffice installed as well.  When I enter my log in information in the XOffice ribbon I can see the Wiki Explorer, but I cannot save things back to the wiki.  What should I check next to be able to "Publish Documents" back to the wiki?
>
> Thanks!
> Courtney Christensen

Re: XOffice connection question

Christensen, Courtney

Hi Florin,

XWiki Enterprise 2.0.2.24645
XWord 1.1.0.107

When I try to click 'OK' in XWord Options after entering my credentials and the location of the wiki I get an hour glass that never goes away.  (I left it overnight and it was still waiting in the morning).  However, if I click 'Apply' then close the dialog box I can search through the wiki explorer and open a document from there.  I can edit it, but when I click 'Publish Document' I get a message that says "There was an error on the server when trying to save the page."

I'm very new to XWiki, so if there is documentation I have missed I would be thrilled with a link.

Thanks!
-Courtney

Are you able to start editing(open the pages in Word)?
I would also need more details on the noticed behavior, error messages,
XWiki version and XOffice version.

Thanks,
Florin Ciubotaru

On 2/25/2010 6:32 PM, Christensen, Courtney wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I've got an instance of XWiki installed and working, and I've got XOffice installed as well.  When I enter my log in information in the XOffice ribbon I can see the Wiki Explorer, but I cannot save things back to the wiki.  What should I check next to be able to "Publish Documents" back to the wiki?
>
> Thanks!
> Courtney Christensen

Re: XOffice connection question

Florin Ciubotaru
Hi Courtney,

XOffice is only compatible with XWiki 2.0.4 or newer. The recommended XWiki version for XOffice 1.1 M2/107 is XWiki 2.2.
This versioning information is available on the download page, but we should probably improve the documentation.

The wait cursor error on the login dialog is a known issue. This will be fixed on the next release.

Florin Ciubotaru