XWIKI-177 marked "Won't fix"

Stephen Schaub
I noticed that XWIKI-177, an issue I reported, was recently marked "Won't
fix". A comment was made to the effect that the current behavior isn't a
bug.

This issue affected my design of my "XWiki Aggregate Document PDF Generator"
(http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Dev/AggregateDocs). I wanted to use the
xwiki.getDocument() function to retrieve documents for inclusion in the
generated PDF, but due to XWiki's current behavior, I had to resort to using
HTTP downloads (a much slower and less robust approach).

I guess I'm having a hard time understanding why the current behavior
described in XWIKI-177 is the intended behavior. It really seems like a bug
to me.

Stephen

Re: XWIKI-177 marked "Won't fix"

jeremi joslin
Hi,
For me, it's not a bug. We need this for including script. The context
should be the same as the main document.

Ludovic reply to an issue how to do what you want. You have to render
the document you want to include. I don't remember the code.
I'm sorry, I can't find in which issue it is, because it's a pain for
me today to access to Internet. I use a proxy to access outside china
and it's so slow. But if you look for in jira, you will find it.

Jérémi

On 1/18/06, Stephen Schaub <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I noticed that XWIKI-177, an issue I reported, was recently marked "Won't
> fix". A comment was made to the effect that the current behavior isn't a
> bug.
>
> This issue affected my design of my "XWiki Aggregate Document PDF Generator"
> (http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Dev/AggregateDocs). I wanted to use the
> xwiki.getDocument() function to retrieve documents for inclusion in the
> generated PDF, but due to XWiki's current behavior, I had to resort to using
> HTTP downloads (a much slower and less robust approach).
>
> I guess I'm having a hard time understanding why the current behavior
> described in XWIKI-177 is the intended behavior. It really seems like a bug
> to me.
>
> Stephen

Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724
http://www.xwiki.org
skype: jeremi23 -- msn et gtalk : [hidden email]