XWIKI implementation plan

rukka
Hi,

just recently join the list. I wonder if anyone have
specification/implementation plan written for xwiki.

I am thinking alone lines of:

1. quick overview of what wikis are: few lines
2. Wiki business benefits
3. What kind of open source wikis available and what do they offer
4. Why xwiki is special
5. xwiki software model. : how the layers are arranged
6. Extensibility of xwiki. Future of xwiki etc
7. Brief outline of wiki structure for software development shop
8 How to handle ongoing maintenance and care

thanks

rukka

Re: XWIKI implementation plan

YoavShapira
Hola,
Umm,

> specification/implementation plan written for xwiki.

Why?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiki

http://www.itworld.com/Tech/2987/050401wiki/

http://www.wikimatrix.org/

http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WhyIsXWikiDifferent

http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/WebHome

> 6. Extensibility of xwiki. Future of xwiki etc

Extensibility is evident from the dev guide at
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/WebHome.

Future of xwiki is a different thing, let's not put too much corporate
roadmapping type stuff here.

> 7. Brief outline of wiki structure for software development shop

See above URLs.

> 8 How to handle ongoing maintenance and care

http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/WebHome plus the
database administrator's guide for your database of choice.

Yoav

Re: XWIKI implementation plan

kaaloo
Thanks for you help on this Yoav !  I don't know how we could get by
without our growing user community and helpful knowlegeable members
like you.

Rukka, if you are looking for a more corporate vision of what we are
up to with XWiki, especially concerning developing your software
products on the XWiki platform, please feel free to mail / skype me.

Sincerely,
Luis

On 5/17/06, Yoav Shapira <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hola,
> Umm,
>
> > specification/implementation plan written for xwiki.
>
> Why?
>
> > 1. quick overview of what wikis are: few lines

Luis Arias
http://www.xwiki.com
skype : kaaloo
+33 6 14 20 87 93 mobile

Re: XWIKI implementation plan

YoavShapira
No problem, I'm glad to help give back a little to the community.  I'm
still just a newbie myself (in this forum anyways ;), asking much more
than answering, but hopefully I can contribute more with time.

Yoav

On 5/17/06, Luis Arias <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for you help on this Yoav !  I don't know how we could get by
> without our growing user community and helpful knowlegeable members
> like you.
>
> Rukka, if you are looking for a more corporate vision of what we are
> up to with XWiki, especially concerning developing your software
> products on the XWiki platform, please feel free to mail / skype me.
>
> Sincerely,
> Luis
>

> On 5/17/06, Yoav Shapira <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hola,
> > Umm,
> >
> > > specification/implementation plan written for xwiki.
> >
> > Why?
> >
> > > 1. quick overview of what wikis are: few lines

> Luis Arias
> http://www.xwiki.com
> skype : kaaloo
> +33 6 14 20 87 93 mobile

Yoav Shapira
Nimalex LLC
1 Mifflin Place, Suite 310
Cambridge, MA, USA
[hidden email] / www.yoavshapira.com

Re: XWIKI implementation plan

rukka
Luis and Yoav

That is golden. Thanks a lot.  I have to write paper on xwiki to deploy
across five corporations.
This will really help me.

rukka

Luis Arias wrote:

> Thanks for you help on this Yoav !  I don't know how we could get by
> without our growing user community and helpful knowlegeable members
> like you.
>
> Rukka, if you are looking for a more corporate vision of what we are
> up to with XWiki, especially concerning developing your software
> products on the XWiki platform, please feel free to mail / skype me.
>
> Sincerely,
> Luis
>

> On 5/17/06, Yoav Shapira <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hola,
>> Umm,
>>
>> > specification/implementation plan written for xwiki.
>>
>> Why?
>>
>> > 1. quick overview of what wikis are: few lines

Re: XWIKI implementation plan

rukka
Few other links that help in doing this research:

http://www.intelligententerprise.com/channels/infomanagement/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=175003662
http://www.steptwo.com.au/papers/kmc_intranetsknowledge/index.html
http://aok.wikispaces.com/Collaborative_Concept_Mapping?token=206a19fb7692654cdff6845f982e4967
http://www.personal.psu.edu/faculty/s/j/sjm256/portfolio/kbase/IDD/Corporate/KnowlMgmnt&ConceptMaps.pdf

rukka

Luis Arias wrote:

> Thanks for you help on this Yoav !  I don't know how we could get by
> without our growing user community and helpful knowlegeable members
> like you.
>
> Rukka, if you are looking for a more corporate vision of what we are
> up to with XWiki, especially concerning developing your software
> products on the XWiki platform, please feel free to mail / skype me.
>
> Sincerely,
> Luis
>

> On 5/17/06, Yoav Shapira <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hola,
>> Umm,
>>
>> > specification/implementation plan written for xwiki.
>>
>> Why?
>>
>> > 1. quick overview of what wikis are: few lines

RE: XWIKI implementation plan

THOMAS, BRIAN M (ATTSI)
Also, on our internal wiki, I use the RSS feed macro to display my
del.icio.us items tagged with "wiki".  You can probably find a good
number of other articles from all the users, but I know you'll find a
good number of them in my own space.

For some reason combining tags in a search with all users doesn't seem
to work, but del.icio.us/brianmthomas/wiki+enterprise and
del.icio.us/brianmthomas/wiki+casehistories will get you things that
I've tagged especially for my internal reference pages.

On another note, how about wiki-ing the results of this discussion?
Searchable mailing list archives are great, but having it all in one
place is even better.

brain[sic]