XWQL query on several objects of the same class instantiated in the same doc

XWQL query on several objects of the same class instantiated in the same doc

rrodriguezIDIS
Hi!,

I'm really impressed, again, with the performance and easiness of XWQL. Even though I'm using an old XWiki release, I'm able to follow almost all examples provided at...

http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Query+Module

But I'm not able to figure out how to solve one problem: I would like to retrieve documents (and read their properties) based on a combination of values of comments objects. That is: I only want to retrieve a document when a combination of values stored in comments happens.

I've tried this...

#set ($xwlquery1 = "from doc.object(XWiki.XWikiComments) as comm where doc.translation = 0 and comm.comment like '%$doc.title%' and comm.comment not like '%Withdrawal:2011%'")

But this query retrieve also, for instance, this document holding three comments:

Ricardo Rodríguez Fernández, 2012/06/15 07:49
Reply Edit Delete
Gender:male

Yolanda Liste Martínez, 2012/06/15 09:18
Reply Delete
Withdrawal:20111231

Ricardo Rodríguez Fernández, 2013/05/21 13:24
Reply Edit Delete
Formely:XWiki.XWikiIDISE001

I'm not able to find a way of not to retrieve this document while all others with comm.comment like '%$doc.title%'.

Please, could anybody help me with this issue?

Thank you so much for your help,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez
Research Management and Promotion Technician

Nota: A información contida nesta mensaxe e os seus posibles documentos adxuntos é privada e confidencial e está dirixida únicamente ó seu destinatario/a. Se vostede non é o/a destinatario/a orixinal desta mensaxe, por favor elimínea. A distribución ou copia desta mensaxe non está autorizada.

Nota: La información contenida en este mensaje y sus posibles documentos adjuntos es privada y confidencial y está dirigida únicamente a su destinatario/a. Si usted no es el/la destinatario/a original de este mensaje, por favor elimínelo. La distribución o copia de este mensaje no está autorizada.

See more languages: http://www.sergas.es/aviso_confidencialidad.htm
Ricardo Rodríguez
Research Management and Promotion Technician
Technical Secretariat
Health Research Institute of Santiago de Compostela (IDIS)
http://www.idisantiago.es

Re: XWQL query on several objects of the same class instantiated in the same doc

Edo Beutler-2
Hi Ricardo

You are only checking in one object. So there has to be one object that
contains the doc name, but not the withdrawal part which is fulfilled by
the third object in your example. Whilst I don't recall ever having tried
checking for multiple objects in XWQL, I would suspect this should work:

#set ($xwlquery1 = "from doc.object(XWiki.XWikiComments) as comm1,
doc.object(XWiki.XWikiComments) as comm2 where doc.translation = 0 and
comm1.comment like '%$doc.title%' and comm2.comment not like
'%Withdrawal:2011%'")

Hope this helps
Edo

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 2:57 AM, <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!,
>
> I'm really impressed, again, with the performance and easiness of XWQL.
> Even though I'm using an old XWiki release, I'm able to follow almost all
> examples provided at...
>
> http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Query+Module
>
> But I'm not able to figure out how to solve one problem: I would like to
> retrieve documents (and read their properties) based on a combination of
> values of comments objects. That is: I only want to retrieve a document
> when a combination of values stored in comments happens.
>
> I've tried this...
>
> #set ($xwlquery1 = "from doc.object(XWiki.XWikiComments) as comm where
> doc.translation = 0 and comm.comment like '%$doc.title%' and comm.comment
> not like '%Withdrawal:2011%'")
>
> But this query retrieve also, for instance, this document holding three
> comments:
>
> Ricardo Rodríguez Fernández, 2012/06/15 07:49
> Reply Edit Delete
> Gender:male
>
> Yolanda Liste Martínez, 2012/06/15 09:18
> Reply Delete
> Withdrawal:20111231
>
> Ricardo Rodríguez Fernández, 2013/05/21 13:24
> Reply Edit Delete
> Formely:XWiki.XWikiIDISE001
>
> I'm not able to find a way of not to retrieve this document while all
> others with comm.comment like '%$doc.title%'.
>
> Please, could anybody help me with this issue?
>
> Thank you so much for your help,
>
> Ricardo
>

> --
> Ricardo Rodríguez
> Research Management and Promotion Technician
> Technical Secretariat
> Health Research Institute of Santiago de Compostela (IDIS)
> http://www.idisantiago.es
>
> Nota: A información contida nesta mensaxe e os seus posibles documentos
> adxuntos é privada e confidencial e está dirixida únicamente ó seu
> destinatario/a. Se vostede non é o/a destinatario/a orixinal desta mensaxe,
> por favor elimínea. A distribución ou copia desta mensaxe non está
> autorizada.
>
> Nota: La información contenida en este mensaje y sus posibles documentos
> adjuntos es privada y confidencial y está dirigida únicamente a su
> destinatario/a. Si usted no es el/la destinatario/a original de este
> mensaje, por favor elimínelo. La distribución o copia de este mensaje no
> está autorizada.
>
> See more languages: http://www.sergas.es/aviso_confidencialidad.htm

Re: XWQL query on several objects of the same class instantiated in the same doc

Guillaume "Louis-Marie" Delhumeau
Hi Ricardo and Edo,

2013/5/22 Edo Beutler <[hidden email]>

> Hi Ricardo
>
> You are only checking in one object. So there has to be one object that
> contains the doc name, but not the withdrawal part which is fulfilled by
> the third object in your example. Whilst I don't recall ever having tried
> checking for multiple objects in XWQL, I would suspect this should work:
>
> #set ($xwlquery1 = "from doc.object(XWiki.XWikiComments) as comm1,
> doc.object(XWiki.XWikiComments) as comm2 where doc.translation = 0 and
> comm1.comment like '%$doc.title%' and comm2.comment not like
> '%Withdrawal:2011%'")

You are right. But I think you should add "comm1 <> comm2" in your query to
make it work.

Louis-Marie

Re: XWQL query on several objects of the same class instantiated in the same doc

rrodriguezIDIS
Hi! Thanks you both for answering!

I'm afraid that your proposals didn't solve the problem. Please, see here...

http://www.idisantiago.es/bin/XWQL/SnapshotE0012012

Both users have three comments each. This way:

XWD_ID:416379378
Gender:xxxxxxxx
Withdrawal:20121017
Formely:XWiki.XWikiIDISE001

XWD_ID:946660794
Gender:xxxxxxxx
Withdrawal:20111231
Formely:XWiki.XWikiIDISE001

Thus, I'm still not able to design a query to retrive ONLY user XWD_ID:416379378 based on comments :-( Your proposals answer with a list including both users n times. I'm not able neither of explain n in both cases... any idea will be welcome!

Thank you very much for your help,

Ricardo

http://www.idisantiago.es

Re: XWQL query on several objects of the same class instantiated in the same doc

Edo Beutler-2
Hi Ricardo

I just realised that the problem is, that there are more than two comments.
So the query will find two comments that satisfies your ristrictions, even
though there are more objects which do not.
So e.g. comm1 and comm2 are both objects of the type

XWD_ID:416379378
Gender:xxxxxxxx
Withdrawal:20121017
Formely:XWiki.XWikiIDISE001

The solution is to write a query like this (unfortunately I can't tell you
the exact XWQL syntax, I'm not even sure if this is possible in XWQL. So
this is just pseudo code):
.... and comm1.comment like '%$doc.title%' and 0=(select count(*) .....
where comm2.comment not like '%Withdrawal:2011%')

I hope this is possible and you (or somebody else) knows or finds the exact
syntax

Edo

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 5:26 PM, <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi! Thanks you both for answering!
>
> I'm afraid that your proposals didn't solve the problem. Please, see
> here...
>
> http://www.idisantiago.es/bin/XWQL/SnapshotE0012012
>
> Both users have three comments each. This way:
>
> XWD_ID:416379378
> Gender:xxxxxxxx
> Withdrawal:20121017
> Formely:XWiki.XWikiIDISE001
>
> XWD_ID:946660794
> Gender:xxxxxxxx
> Withdrawal:20111231
> Formely:XWiki.XWikiIDISE001
>
> Thus, I'm still not able to design a query to retrive ONLY user
> XWD_ID:416379378 based on comments :-( Your proposals answer with a list
> including both users n times. I'm not able neither of explain n in both
> cases... any idea will be welcome!
>
> Thank you very much for your help,
>
> Ricardo

I'm not sure I really understood what you need to do, but let me propose a
solution anyway.

I think what you need is to get the all the documents that contains
comments with "%doc.title%" content and where there is NO comment with
'%Withdrawal:2011% in the content.

So, that's how I would solve the problem:

#set ($xwlquery1 = "FROM doc.object(XWiki.
XWikiComments) AS commWHERE  doc.translation = 0 AND  and comm.comment LIKE
:doctitle AND doc.fullName NOT IN (SELECT doc2.fullName FROM Document doc2,
doc2.object(XWiki.XWikiComments) comm2 WHERE comm2.comment LIKE
'%Withdrawal:2011%')")
#set($results = $services.query.xwql($xwqlquery1).bindValue('doctitle',
"%${doc.title}%"))

I didn't test it but it should work.

Louis-Marie.

2013/5/22 <[hidden email]>

> Hi! Thanks you both for answering!
>
> I'm afraid that your proposals didn't solve the problem. Please, see
> here...
>
> http://www.idisantiago.es/bin/XWQL/SnapshotE0012012
>
> Both users have three comments each. This way:
>
> XWD_ID:416379378
> Gender:xxxxxxxx
> Withdrawal:20121017
> Formely:XWiki.XWikiIDISE001
>
> XWD_ID:946660794
> Gender:xxxxxxxx
> Withdrawal:20111231
> Formely:XWiki.XWikiIDISE001
>
> Thus, I'm still not able to design a query to retrive ONLY user
> XWD_ID:416379378 based on comments :-( Your proposals answer with a list
> including both users n times. I'm not able neither of explain n in both
> cases... any idea will be welcome!
>
> Thank you very much for your help,
>
> Ricardo

Ah ... exactly, NOT IN was what I was trying remember. So forget my count
construct :)

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Guillaume "Louis-Marie" Delhumeau <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm not sure I really understood what you need to do, but let me propose a
> solution anyway.
>
> I think what you need is to get the all the documents that contains
> comments with "%doc.title%" content and where there is NO comment with
> '%Withdrawal:2011% in the content.
>
> So, that's how I would solve the problem:
>
> #set ($xwlquery1 = "FROM doc.object(XWiki.
> XWikiComments) AS commWHERE  doc.translation = 0 AND  and comm.comment LIKE
> :doctitle AND doc.fullName NOT IN (SELECT doc2.fullName FROM Document doc2,
> doc2.object(XWiki.XWikiComments) comm2 WHERE comm2.comment LIKE
> '%Withdrawal:2011%')")
> #set($results = $services.query.xwql($xwqlquery1).bindValue('doctitle',
> "%${doc.title}%"))
>
> I didn't test it but it should work.
>
> Louis-Marie.
>
> 2013/5/22 <[hidden email]>
>
> > Hi! Thanks you both for answering!
> >
> > I'm afraid that your proposals didn't solve the problem. Please, see
> > here...
> >
> > http://www.idisantiago.es/bin/XWQL/SnapshotE0012012
> >
> > Both users have three comments each. This way:
> >
> > XWD_ID:416379378
> > Gender:xxxxxxxx
> > Withdrawal:20121017
> > Formely:XWiki.XWikiIDISE001
> >
> > XWD_ID:946660794
> > Gender:xxxxxxxx
> > Withdrawal:20111231
> > Formely:XWiki.XWikiIDISE001
> >
> > Thus, I'm still not able to design a query to retrive ONLY user
> > XWD_ID:416379378 based on comments :-( Your proposals answer with a list
> > including both users n times. I'm not able neither of explain n in both
> > cases... any idea will be welcome!
> >
> > Thank you very much for your help,
> >
> > Ricardo

Louis-Marie, Edo, thanks again!

Louis-Marie, you perfectly understand what I'm trying to get: to use comments on documents as criteria for selection. I understand comments are not intended to satisfy this objetive, but, at least for me, they are extremely useful to "draft" data models to be implemented in new XWiki classes. Just a kind of "extreme development" tool! :-) I think the "only" problem we are facing with this use is the kind of queries combining comments on the same document to retrive documents and properties of any class there instantiated.

I'm truly learning a lot! I think I can understand the construction and it must answer the well-formed question Louis-Marie wrote down in his message, but I'm not able to understand the result. Here what I get...

org.xwiki.query.internal.DefaultQuery@70687068

The integer after the @ changes it time I reload the page. I din't get neither a document fullName, nor an object.

You can always check it in the same link posted before...

http://www.idisantiago.es/bin/XWQL/SnapshotE0012012

In found DefaultQuery code here...

http://maven.xwiki.org/site/clover/20120701/clover-platform-20120702/org/xwiki/query/internal/DefaultQuery.html

Perhaps this construct doesn't work in my plain old XWIKI ENTERPRISE 2.4.30451 installation?

Thanks for your help!