[XWiki Day] ProgrammingRights-Fixing-Day #1

[XWiki Day] ProgrammingRights-Fixing-Day #1

Let’s do our first ProgrammingRights-Fixing Day. The goal is to modify pages part of XWiki Standard that require PR so that they don’t require PR anymore (for example by adding new APIs or using other APIs).

Here’s a list of pages that currently require PR (there are probably more):

* XWiki.DeletedDocumentsJSON
* AppWithinMinutes.DynamicMessageTool
* AnnotationCode.Style
* XWiki.DeletedDocuments
* AppWithinMinutes.LiveTableEditSheet
* AppWithinMinutes.ClassEditSheet
* XWiki.DeletedAttachments
* Main.Activity
* AnnotationCode.Script

(see http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-10446?focusedCommentId=83579&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-83579 )

I suggest that we each mention which page we’re handling to avoid duplicating work.

Let’s try it! I have no idea what we’ll succeed in doing or not but we need to try :)

Re: [XWiki Day] ProgrammingRights-Fixing-Day #1

Doesn’t Search also has some pages requiring PR?

> On 31 Aug 2017, at 08:28, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> Let’s do our first ProgrammingRights-Fixing Day. The goal is to modify pages part of XWiki Standard that require PR so that they don’t require PR anymore (for example by adding new APIs or using other APIs).
>
> Here’s a list of pages that currently require PR (there are probably more):
>
> * XWiki.DeletedDocumentsJSON
> * AppWithinMinutes.DynamicMessageTool
> * AnnotationCode.Style
> * XWiki.DeletedDocuments
> * AppWithinMinutes.LiveTableEditSheet
> * AppWithinMinutes.ClassEditSheet
> * XWiki.DeletedAttachments
> * Main.Activity
> * AnnotationCode.Script
>
> (see http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-10446?focusedCommentId=83579&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-83579 )
>
> I suggest that we each mention which page we’re handling to avoid duplicating work.
>
> Let’s try it! I have no idea what we’ll succeed in doing or not but we need to try :)

Re: [XWiki Day] ProgrammingRights-Fixing-Day #1

Marius Dumitru Florea
Not anymore, http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-9386, AFAIK.

https://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-9386

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 10:19 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Doesn’t Search also has some pages requiring PR?

>> On 31 Aug 2017, at 08:28, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> Let’s do our first ProgrammingRights-Fixing Day. The goal is to modify pages part of XWiki Standard that require PR so that they don’t require PR anymore (for example by adding new APIs or using other APIs).
>>
>> Here’s a list of pages that currently require PR (there are probably more):
>>
>> * XWiki.DeletedDocumentsJSON
>> * AppWithinMinutes.DynamicMessageTool
>> * AnnotationCode.Style
>> * XWiki.DeletedDocuments
>> * AppWithinMinutes.LiveTableEditSheet
>> * AppWithinMinutes.ClassEditSheet
>> * XWiki.DeletedAttachments
>> * Main.Activity
>> * AnnotationCode.Script
>>
>> (see http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-10446?focusedCommentId=83579&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-83579 )
>>
>> I suggest that we each mention which page we’re handling to avoid duplicating work.
>>
>> Let’s try it! I have no idea what we’ll succeed in doing or not but we need to try :)

Re: [XWiki Day] ProgrammingRights-Fixing-Day #1

One thing I’d like to do today is:
* Make the Package Mojo that we use in our functional tests use a user that doesn’t have PR by default to import pages so that we can discover if the tests fail
* Override the user with superadmin and with a comment for tests that still require PR

> On 31 Aug 2017, at 08:28, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> Let’s do our first ProgrammingRights-Fixing Day. The goal is to modify pages part of XWiki Standard that require PR so that they don’t require PR anymore (for example by adding new APIs or using other APIs).
>
> Here’s a list of pages that currently require PR (there are probably more):
>
> * XWiki.DeletedDocumentsJSON
> * AppWithinMinutes.DynamicMessageTool
> * AnnotationCode.Style
> * XWiki.DeletedDocuments
> * AppWithinMinutes.LiveTableEditSheet
> * AppWithinMinutes.ClassEditSheet
> * XWiki.DeletedAttachments
> * Main.Activity
> * AnnotationCode.Script
>
> (see http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-10446?focusedCommentId=83579&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-83579 )
>
> I suggest that we each mention which page we’re handling to avoid duplicating work.
>
> Let’s try it! I have no idea what we’ll succeed in doing or not but we need to try :)

Re: [XWiki Day] ProgrammingRights-Fixing-Day #1

Working on XWiki.DeletedDocumentsJSON.

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 10:29 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> One thing I’d like to do today is:
> * Make the Package Mojo that we use in our functional tests use a user that doesn’t have PR by default to import pages so that we can discover if the tests fail
> * Override the user with superadmin and with a comment for tests that still require PR

>> On 31 Aug 2017, at 08:28, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> Let’s do our first ProgrammingRights-Fixing Day. The goal is to modify pages part of XWiki Standard that require PR so that they don’t require PR anymore (for example by adding new APIs or using other APIs).
>>
>> Here’s a list of pages that currently require PR (there are probably more):
>>
>> * XWiki.DeletedDocumentsJSON
>> * AppWithinMinutes.DynamicMessageTool
>> * AnnotationCode.Style
>> * XWiki.DeletedDocuments
>> * AppWithinMinutes.LiveTableEditSheet
>> * AppWithinMinutes.ClassEditSheet
>> * XWiki.DeletedAttachments
>> * Main.Activity
>> * AnnotationCode.Script
>>
>> (see http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-10446?focusedCommentId=83579&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-83579 )
>>
>> I suggest that we each mention which page we’re handling to avoid duplicating work.
>>
>> Let’s try it! I have no idea what we’ll succeed in doing or not but we need to try :)

Re: [XWiki Day] ProgrammingRights-Fixing-Day #1

Also XWiki.DeletedDocuments and XWiki.DeletedAttachments

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 3:02 PM, Thomas Mortagne
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Working on XWiki.DeletedDocumentsJSON.
>
> On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 10:29 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> One thing I’d like to do today is:
>> * Make the Package Mojo that we use in our functional tests use a user that doesn’t have PR by default to import pages so that we can discover if the tests fail
>> * Override the user with superadmin and with a comment for tests that still require PR
>>
>> WDYT?

>>> On 31 Aug 2017, at 08:28, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi devs,
>>>
>>> Let’s do our first ProgrammingRights-Fixing Day. The goal is to modify pages part of XWiki Standard that require PR so that they don’t require PR anymore (for example by adding new APIs or using other APIs).
>>>
>>> Here’s a list of pages that currently require PR (there are probably more):
>>>
>>> * XWiki.DeletedDocumentsJSON
>>> * AppWithinMinutes.DynamicMessageTool
>>> * AnnotationCode.Style
>>> * XWiki.DeletedDocuments
>>> * AppWithinMinutes.LiveTableEditSheet
>>> * AppWithinMinutes.ClassEditSheet
>>> * XWiki.DeletedAttachments
>>> * Main.Activity
>>> * AnnotationCode.Script
>>>
>>> (see http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-10446?focusedCommentId=83579&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-83579 )
>>>
>>> I suggest that we each mention which page we’re handling to avoid duplicating work.
>>>
>>> Let’s try it! I have no idea what we’ll succeed in doing or not but we need to try :)
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> -Vincent

Re: [XWiki Day] ProgrammingRights-Fixing-Day #1

Done.

Also I introduced a new #programmingrightsday jira issue label. Could
be useful for future dashboards and stuff like this.

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 3:07 PM, Thomas Mortagne
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Also XWiki.DeletedDocuments and XWiki.DeletedAttachments
>
> On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 3:02 PM, Thomas Mortagne
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Working on XWiki.DeletedDocumentsJSON.
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 10:29 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> One thing I’d like to do today is:
>>> * Make the Package Mojo that we use in our functional tests use a user that doesn’t have PR by default to import pages so that we can discover if the tests fail
>>> * Override the user with superadmin and with a comment for tests that still require PR
>>>
>>> WDYT?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> -Vincent

>> --
>> Thomas Mortagne

Re: [XWiki Day] ProgrammingRights-Fixing-Day #1

> On 31 Aug 2017, at 08:28, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi devs,
>
> Let’s do our first ProgrammingRights-Fixing Day. The goal is to modify pages part of XWiki Standard that require PR so that they don’t require PR anymore (for example by adding new APIs or using other APIs).
>
> Here’s a list of pages that currently require PR (there are probably more):
>
> * XWiki.DeletedDocumentsJSON
> * AppWithinMinutes.DynamicMessageTool
> * AnnotationCode.Style
> * XWiki.DeletedDocuments
> * AppWithinMinutes.LiveTableEditSheet
> * AppWithinMinutes.ClassEditSheet
> * XWiki.DeletedAttachments
> * Main.Activity
> * AnnotationCode.Script

+

XWiki.OfficeImporterAdmin

> (see http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-10446?focusedCommentId=83579&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-83579 )
>
> I suggest that we each mention which page we’re handling to avoid duplicating work.
>
> Let’s try it! I have no idea what we’ll succeed in doing or not but we need to try :)

Re: [XWiki Day] ProgrammingRights-Fixing-Day #1

> On 31 Aug 2017, at 19:55, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 31 Aug 2017, at 08:28, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi devs,
>>
>> Let’s do our first ProgrammingRights-Fixing Day. The goal is to modify pages part of XWiki Standard that require PR so that they don’t require PR anymore (for example by adding new APIs or using other APIs).
>>
>> Here’s a list of pages that currently require PR (there are probably more):
>>
>> * XWiki.DeletedDocumentsJSON
>> * AppWithinMinutes.DynamicMessageTool
>> * AnnotationCode.Style
>> * XWiki.DeletedDocuments
>> * AppWithinMinutes.LiveTableEditSheet
>> * AppWithinMinutes.ClassEditSheet
>> * XWiki.DeletedAttachments
>> * Main.Activity
>> * AnnotationCode.Script
>
> +
>
> XWiki.OfficeImporterAdmin

+ Filter.WebHome (home page of the filter streams app)

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 9:11 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> On 31 Aug 2017, at 19:55, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> On 31 Aug 2017, at 08:28, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi devs,
>>>
>>> Let’s do our first ProgrammingRights-Fixing Day. The goal is to modify pages part of XWiki Standard that require PR so that they don’t require PR anymore (for example by adding new APIs or using other APIs).
>>>
>>> Here’s a list of pages that currently require PR (there are probably more):
>>>
>>> * XWiki.DeletedDocumentsJSON
>>> * AppWithinMinutes.DynamicMessageTool
>>> * AnnotationCode.Style
>>> * XWiki.DeletedDocuments
>>> * AppWithinMinutes.LiveTableEditSheet
>>> * AppWithinMinutes.ClassEditSheet
>>> * XWiki.DeletedAttachments
>>> * Main.Activity
>>> * AnnotationCode.Script
>>
>> +
>>
>> XWiki.OfficeImporterAdmin
>

> + Filter.WebHome (home page of the filter streams app)

This one is not part of XWiki Standard.

Also not sure this one is really fixable. We can't let anyone use the
Filter API in a generic way since it reading/writing pretty much
anything.

>>> (see http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-10446?focusedCommentId=83579&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-83579 )
>>>
>>> I suggest that we each mention which page we’re handling to avoid duplicating work.
>>>
>>> Let’s try it! I have no idea what we’ll succeed in doing or not but we need to try :)
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> -Vincent

Re: [XWiki Day] ProgrammingRights-Fixing-Day #1

Result for the day:
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Blog/ProgrammingRightsFixingDay1