XWiki Office 1.0 Milestone 1 and authentication

XWiki Office 1.0 Milestone 1 and authentication

Stevo Slavić
Hello all,

I'm trying out XWiki Office 1.0 Milestone 1 and I'm experiencing issues with
authentication. XWiki is on Tomcat, which is behind Apache HTTPD. SSO with
Kerberos is configured, with fallback to basic authentication - all this
doesn't seem to accept j_username and j_password XOffice plugin is sending
(can see login requests in apache access log). Since login isn't successful,
every next request from plugin results with "The remote server returned an
error: (401) Unauthorized.".

Has any similar setup/scenario been supported/tested, and if not, are there
any plans?

+1 for Office 2003 support
+1 for OpenOffice plugin

Regards,
Stevo.

Re: XWiki Office 1.0 Milestone 1 and authentication

Florin Ciubotaru
Stevo Slavić wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying out XWiki Office 1.0 Milestone 1 and I'm experiencing issues with
> authentication. XWiki is on Tomcat, which is behind Apache HTTPD. SSO with
> Kerberos is configured, with fallback to basic authentication - all this
> doesn't seem to accept j_username and j_password XOffice plugin is sending
> (can see login requests in apache access log). Since login isn't successful,
> every next request from plugin results with "The remote server returned an
> error: (401) Unauthorized.".
>
> Has any similar setup/scenario been supported/tested, and if not, are there
> any plans?

This is not supported at the moment. The scenario would need to handle
Kerberos at client level. This is not in the 1.0 roadmap, but if
requested again we can put the 1.1 roadmap. This also applies for custom
proxy settings.
> +1 for Office 2003 support
> +1 for OpenOffice plugin

This has been asked several times. Unfortunately there are not any
resources allocated to this right now. We are glad to see that the
community is interested in office integration and we'll do our best to
provide the solutions wanted by the community.

Thanks,
Florin Ciubotaru

> Regards,
> Stevo.

Re: XWiki Office 1.0 Milestone 1 and authentication

Stevo Slavić
Hello Florin,

Thank you for quick reply!

Yes, please do put this feature in for 1.1 roadmap. Will contribute solution
back, if one is found.

Regards,
Stevo.

Stevo Slavić wrote:
> Hello Florin,
>
> Thank you for quick reply!
>
> Yes, please do put this feature in for 1.1 roadmap. Will contribute solution
> back, if one is found.

I've noted your request on the XOffice roadmap page:
http://xoffice.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/Roadmap#HXWord11
Thanks.

> Regards,
> Stevo.
>
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Florin Ciubotaru <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Stevo Slavić wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I'm trying out XWiki Office 1.0 Milestone 1 and I'm experiencing issues
>>>
>> with
>>
>>> authentication. XWiki is on Tomcat, which is behind Apache HTTPD. SSO
>>>
>> with
>>
>>> Kerberos is configured, with fallback to basic authentication - all this
>>> doesn't seem to accept j_username and j_password XOffice plugin is
>>>
>> sending
>>
>>> (can see login requests in apache access log). Since login isn't
>>>
>> successful,
>>
>>> every next request from plugin results with "The remote server returned
>>>
>> an
>>
>>> error: (401) Unauthorized.".
>>>
>>> Has any similar setup/scenario been supported/tested, and if not, are
>>>
>> there
>>
>>> any plans?
>>>

>> This is not supported at the moment. The scenario would need to handle
>> Kerberos at client level. This is not in the 1.0 roadmap, but if
>> requested again we can put the 1.1 roadmap. This also applies for custom
>> proxy settings.
>>
>>> +1 for Office 2003 support
>>> +1 for OpenOffice plugin
>>>

>> This has been asked several times. Unfortunately there are not any
>> resources allocated to this right now. We are glad to see that the
>> community is interested in office integration and we'll do our best to
>> provide the solutions wanted by the community.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Florin Ciubotaru
>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Stevo.