XWiki Release?

paul.dlug@gmail.com
Is there any time estimate on a new release of XWiki? It seems to have been a very long time since the previous one. Are there also any plans to include functionality to allow one wiki page to be included inside another? (to do some rudimentary templating)

Thanks,
Paul

Re: XWiki Release?

Xavier MOGHRABI
Hi Paul,

I think that the functionnality you've mentionned already exists. Use the
following code ie:
#includeTopic("Main.MyPage")

Regards

--
Xavier MOGHRABI - Consortium ObjectWeb
Email : xavier.moghrabi at objectweb.org
Phone : +33 4 76 61 52 35

Re: XWiki Release?

zuzur

we've been really busy on some other things recently, but you can find
an alpha release (expect some nasty bugs) on the objectweb forge, and
the svn repository contains all recent developments.

Can you elaborate on your include request ? why doesn't #includeTopic
work for you ?

Thanks in advance

Erwan

On 12/7/05, Paul Dlug <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there any time estimate on a new release of XWiki? It seems to have been
> a very long time since the previous one. Are there also any plans to include
> functionality to allow one wiki page to be included inside another? (to do
> some rudimentary templating)
>

> Thanks,
> Paul
>

> --
> You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email]

Re: XWiki Release?

Indeed I wanted to add some information about the next release of XWiki.

One of the reason why the release is currently delayed is because we are
quite busy on projects which when they work fine will allow to improve
XWiki and the speed of development.

The other reason is that the new version includes quite some changes in
the data model and also has the addition of the WYSIWYG Editor. It is
needed to be a little careful when upgrading an existing install to this
new version of XWiki. We need some time to make some additional upgrade
tests and also write release notes to give the proper way of upgrading
an installation. We had to delay upgrading XWiki.com also because of
these reasons.

If some people would like to help to speed up this release, this would
be great. In particular we would need some testing of upgrades of
existing databases with either bug reports (things we can changes in the
default settings or code to not have the issue) or a text for the
release notes explaining what needs to be done after the upgrade.

Ludovic

Erwan Arzur a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> we've been really busy on some other things recently, but you can find
> an alpha release (expect some nasty bugs) on the objectweb forge, and
> the svn repository contains all recent developments.
>
> Can you elaborate on your include request ? why doesn't #includeTopic
> work for you ?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Erwan
>
> On 12/7/05, Paul Dlug <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Is there any time estimate on a new release of XWiki? It seems to have been
>> a very long time since the previous one. Are there also any plans to include
>> functionality to allow one wiki page to be included inside another? (to do
>> some rudimentary templating)
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Paul
>>

>> --
>> You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email]

Re: XWiki Release?

Stephen Schaub
What is the procedure to test the database upgrade? Please post instructions
here or a link. I would be glad to help test.

Regards,

Stephen

>From: Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]>
>To: [hidden email]
>Subject: Re: [xwiki-dev] XWiki Release?
>Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 10:45:36 +0100
>

>Hi,
>
>Indeed I wanted to add some information about the next release of XWiki.
>
>One of the reason why the release is currently delayed is because we are
>quite busy on projects which when they work fine will allow to improve
>XWiki and the speed of development.
>
>The other reason is that the new version includes quite some changes in the
>data model and also has the addition of the WYSIWYG Editor. It is needed to
>be a little careful when upgrading an existing install to this new version
>of XWiki. We need some time to make some additional upgrade tests and also
>write release notes to give the proper way of upgrading an installation. We
>had to delay upgrading XWiki.com also because of these reasons.
>
>If some people would like to help to speed up this release, this would be
>great. In particular we would need some testing of upgrades of existing
>databases with either bug reports (things we can changes in the default
>settings or code to not have the issue) or a text for the release notes
>explaining what needs to be done after the upgrade.
>
>Ludovic

Re: XWiki Release?

The procedure to test is:

1/ Have an existing XWiki database running on a previous version and
make a copy of it
2/ Build the latest SVN release of XWiki
3/ Install the new SVN release with the XWiki database
4/ Run the new SVN release
5/ Check if everything works with the standard features on your wiki and
report any issues
6/ Make changes to objects, classes, preferences and see if everything
works fine and report any issues
7/ Activate the wysiwyg editor and check it on existing pages.
Especially open and save documents which no changes and see if the page
is not broken. Report any problems.

That's about it.
Ludovic

Stephen Schaub a écrit :

> What is the procedure to test the database upgrade? Please post
> instructions here or a link. I would be glad to help test.
>
> Regards,
>
> Stephen
>

>> From: Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]>
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: [xwiki-dev] XWiki Release?
>> Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 10:45:36 +0100
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Indeed I wanted to add some information about the next release of XWiki.
>>
>> One of the reason why the release is currently delayed is because we
>> are quite busy on projects which when they work fine will allow to
>> improve XWiki and the speed of development.
>>
>> The other reason is that the new version includes quite some changes
>> in the data model and also has the addition of the WYSIWYG Editor. It
>> is needed to be a little careful when upgrading an existing install
>> to this new version of XWiki. We need some time to make some
>> additional upgrade tests and also write release notes to give the
>> proper way of upgrading an installation. We had to delay upgrading
>> XWiki.com also because of these reasons.
>>
>> If some people would like to help to speed up this release, this
>> would be great. In particular we would need some testing of upgrades
>> of existing databases with either bug reports (things we can changes
>> in the default settings or code to not have the issue) or a text for
>> the release notes explaining what needs to be done after the upgrade.
>>
>> Ludovic

Re: XWiki Release?

Stephen Schaub
For those of us who don't have SVN access (behind a firewall), would it be
helpful to test using the alpha-standalone packages of November 21/23 on
ObjectWeb Forge? Or are those too old?

Stephen

>From: Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]>
>To: [hidden email]
>Subject: Re: [xwiki-dev] XWiki Release?
>Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 20:43:15 +0100
>

>Hi,
>
>The procedure to test is:
>
>1/ Have an existing XWiki database running on a previous version and make a
>copy of it
>2/ Build the latest SVN release of XWiki
>3/ Install the new SVN release with the XWiki database
>4/ Run the new SVN release
>5/ Check if everything works with the standard features on your wiki and
>report any issues
>6/ Make changes to objects, classes, preferences and see if everything
>works fine and report any issues
>7/ Activate the wysiwyg editor and check it on existing pages. Especially
>open and save documents which no changes and see if the page is not broken.
>Report any problems.
>
>That's about it.
>Ludovic

Re: XWiki Release?

jeremi joslin
As i can see in the commits mailing list, there is just some little
commits no so important.
I think you can use the 23november package.

Jérémi
On 12/13/05, Stephen Schaub <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For those of us who don't have SVN access (behind a firewall), would it be
> helpful to test using the alpha-standalone packages of November 21/23 on
> ObjectWeb Forge? Or are those too old?
>
> Stephen
>

> >From: Ludovic Dubost <[hidden email]>
> >To: [hidden email]
> >Subject: Re: [xwiki-dev] XWiki Release?
> >Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 20:43:15 +0100
> >

> >Hi,
> >
> >The procedure to test is:
> >
> >1/ Have an existing XWiki database running on a previous version and make a
> >copy of it
> >2/ Build the latest SVN release of XWiki
> >3/ Install the new SVN release with the XWiki database
> >4/ Run the new SVN release
> >5/ Check if everything works with the standard features on your wiki and
> >report any issues
> >6/ Make changes to objects, classes, preferences and see if everything
> >works fine and report any issues
> >7/ Activate the wysiwyg editor and check it on existing pages. Especially
> >open and save documents which no changes and see if the page is not broken.
> >Report any problems.
> >
> >That's about it.
> >Ludovic

Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724
http://www.xwiki.org
skype: jeremi23 -- msn et gtalk : [hidden email]