XWiki Silicon Valley Meetup this week - Oct 16 to Oct 21st ?

XWiki Silicon Valley Meetup this week - Oct 16 to Oct 21st ?

Ludovic Dubost

With Jeremi, we are visiting Silicon Valley thanks to Google organizing
a Summer of Code Mentor Meetup.
We will be staying one week until December 22nd.

Maybe it could be possible to organize an XWiki Meetup sometime this
week if somebody can host us.
We could talk about what's currently happening on XWiki, XWiki's future,
how XWiki is currently used and what we could improve.
It could include any type of users XWiki. It could last a few hours
after work time one evening.

We will be staying a little out of town (Santa Cruz) but we have a car
and can move to the valley in the evenings.
We will also be back on Friday evening somewhere around Mountain View.
The Meetup could also be saturday morning.

Anybody interested and/or able to host the meetup ?

Re: [xwiki-users] XWiki Silicon Valley Meetup this week - Oct 16 to Oct 21st ?

Dave Mangot-2
Ludovic Dubost wrote:
  > Maybe it could be possible to organize an XWiki Meetup sometime this
> week if somebody can host us.
> We could talk about what's currently happening on XWiki, XWiki's future,
> how XWiki is currently used and what we could improve.
> It could include any type of users XWiki. It could last a few hours
> after work time one evening.

> Anybody interested and/or able to host the meetup ?

Ludovic,

        We would be happy to host a Meetup in our offices in San
Francisco.  We are very close to Hwys 101 and 280.  We have a large
conference room with a projector if needed.  We use Xwiki for our
Intranet.  We also write Java clustering software so we'd be interested
in hearing about how you  clustered Xwiki and what the future directions
are.

      All would be welcome.  We'd propose Thursday night if that's
amenable to everyone else.  Let me know.

                                                                Cheers,

                                                                        -Dave

--
Dave Mangot
Terracotta Inc.

This e-mail incorporates Terracotta's confidentiality policy, which is
online at http://www.terracottatech.com/emailconfidentiality.shtml

Re: [xwiki-users] XWiki Silicon Valley Meetup this week - Oct 16 to Oct 21st ?

Ludovic Dubost

Hi Dave,

Thanks for proposing to host the meeting.
Let's see if we can get a few people interested in the meeting on
thursday evening.

Ludovic

Dave Mangot a écrit :

> Ludovic Dubost wrote:
>  > Maybe it could be possible to organize an XWiki Meetup sometime this
>> week if somebody can host us.
>> We could talk about what's currently happening on XWiki, XWiki's
>> future, how XWiki is currently used and what we could improve.
>> It could include any type of users XWiki. It could last a few hours
>> after work time one evening.
>
>> Anybody interested and/or able to host the meetup ?
>
> Ludovic,
>
>        We would be happy to host a Meetup in our offices in San
> Francisco.  We are very close to Hwys 101 and 280.  We have a large
> conference room with a projector if needed.  We use Xwiki for our
> Intranet.  We also write Java clustering software so we'd be
> interested in hearing about how you  clustered Xwiki and what the
> future directions are.
>
>      All would be welcome.  We'd propose Thursday night if that's
> amenable to everyone else.  Let me know.
>
>                                 Cheers,
>
>                                     -Dave

Re: Re: [xwiki-users] XWiki Silicon Valley Meetup this week - Oct 16 to Oct 21st ?

After rethinking it, it seems that getting from Santa Cruz to SF in the
evening is going to be an issue for us.
Since our advertisement of this meetup is limited and there are not too
many people, we should plan for cancelling it unless there are many
peoples showing interest today.

We can have a separate conversation about clustering.. My skype is
'ldubost'.

Ludovic

Dave Mangot a écrit :

> Ludovic Dubost wrote:
>  > Maybe it could be possible to organize an XWiki Meetup sometime this
>> week if somebody can host us.
>> We could talk about what's currently happening on XWiki, XWiki's
>> future, how XWiki is currently used and what we could improve.
>> It could include any type of users XWiki. It could last a few hours
>> after work time one evening.
>
>> Anybody interested and/or able to host the meetup ?
>
> Ludovic,
>
>        We would be happy to host a Meetup in our offices in San
> Francisco.  We are very close to Hwys 101 and 280.  We have a large
> conference room with a projector if needed.  We use Xwiki for our
> Intranet.  We also write Java clustering software so we'd be
> interested in hearing about how you  clustered Xwiki and what the
> future directions are.
>
>      All would be welcome.  We'd propose Thursday night if that's
> amenable to everyone else.  Let me know.
>
>                                 Cheers,
>
>                                     -Dave

RE: Re: [xwiki-users] XWiki Silicon Valley Meetup this week - Oct 16 to Oct 21st ?

Gurnani, Anil (Exchange)
If this meeting does get set up, is it possible to set up a phone conference number so I could participate(as in listen in :-)? I am on the East Coast. I have recently joined this group and am interested in contributing when I can find some time. Since I have just recently joined this group (and haven't even built the latest xwiki myself yet) I might not have a lot of useful things to contribute, but I might be able to learn something from the meeting.

We are using xwiki here (at Bear Stearns) for a couple of projects. I was thinking it would be nice to have the following features (and am going to begin working on these one of these days :-))

- full rich text editor for editing pages
- menu items to add new tab (space), and new page
- a dashboard like home page where people can add some spaces to their Favourites
- a default home page and what's new for every new space (tab)

Quick introduction of myself:
- went to school in India
- started my career here in Mountain View with Sun
- went to work for cc:Mail which became Lotus which became IBM
- came over to the East Coast and started consulting in 1994
- started converting slowly from C/C++ to Java/J2EE
- did some very cool stuff during the .COM era (a bunch of web based financial apps including stock trading, and IPO for NDB which was bought by Deutche Bank, portfolio management for Smart Money magazine's web site, online Stock trading apps for Wells Fargo)
- am now working at Bear Stearns in Architecture Office

Thanks
Anil