XWiki Users Displaying

Vlad Andreev
Hello!

I'm trying to use XWIki for purposes for company documentation and data.

My first step is to setup XWiki for HR Department, and for now I have
problems with that.

Can you please help me?

   1. How can I make some kind of Address Book? We need a place, where we
   can put in all contacts of our current team, their photo, emails, tel.
   numbers, skype, etc.
   2. Is it possible to place this kind of information on dashboard?
   3. Is there any way to place an announcement, so all xwiki users will
   see it?

--

*Faithfully yours,Andreev Vladislav*
*Head Project Manager*

Re: XWiki Users Displaying

Vlad Andreev
Something like this: https://i.vimeocdn.com/video/11065681_640.jpg

Will be awesome!
Please help!

--

*Faithfully yours,Andreev Vladislav*
*Head Project Manager*
*Cleveroad Inc.*

Re: XWiki Users Displaying

rrodriguezIDIS
Hi Vlad!

I'm sure Brahms, Chopin, Schubert and many more colleagues would have enjoyed XWiki a lot! But I'm afraid it is a bit late for them all... but not for all of us!

If I'm correct, what you are looking for it is simply the User Directory of any XWiki installation. Here you have the link to Wiki User Directory by itself...

http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/UserDirectory

This page show, by default, information you load at user creating time (for creating users, go to Home>Administe wiki, once you have logging in as admin or an user with admin rights). XWiki data model is easily extensible and you allways can create new properties in existing classes or brand new classes to hold any kind of people/user related information.

Here you have a nice page on how create new users...

http://enterprise.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/GettingStarted/CreatingNewUsers

About how advertise that pages in your wiki: by default, you'll find an User Indez link in the left column of any new XWiki installation. Just create some new users and play around a bit with them. You easily understand the basis of the system. But of course it could be included in the Dashboard or any other page that has been installed by the upgrade/installation process.

This is a nice place to start to understand how XWiki pages are built...

http://enterprise.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/GettingStarted/EditingAPage

Hope this helps!

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez
Research Management and Promotion Technician

--

*Faithfully yours,Andreev Vladislav*
*Head Project Manager*
*Cleveroad Inc.*

________________________________

Nota: A información contida nesta mensaxe e os seus posibles documentos adxuntos é privada e confidencial e está dirixida únicamente ó seu destinatario/a. Se vostede non é o/a destinatario/a orixinal desta mensaxe, por favor elimínea. A distribución ou copia desta mensaxe non está autorizada.

Nota: La información contenida en este mensaje y sus posibles documentos adjuntos es privada y confidencial y está dirigida únicamente a su destinatario/a. Si usted no es el/la destinatario/a original de este mensaje, por favor elimínelo. La distribución o copia de este mensaje no está autorizada.

See more languages: http://www.sergas.es/aviso_confidencialidad.htm
Ricardo Rodríguez
Research Management and Promotion Technician
Technical Secretariat
Health Research Institute of Santiago de Compostela (IDIS)
http://www.idisantiago.es

Re: XWiki Users Displaying

Eduard Moraru
Hi,

Here is the documentation page of the User Directory app:
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/User+Directory+Application

You should use that to list your users and, as Ricardo says, just fill in
the information for each user in their profile.

Also, as you probably guessed, you (/they) need to create an account for
each member of the company that you want listed and that you generally want
to manage by using the wiki. They will be able to log into the wiki,
perform whatever it is that you want them to do in the wiki and,
additionally, be listed in the User Directory.

Thanks,
Eduard

On Sat, Apr 4, 2015 at 2:24 AM, <[hidden email]