XWiki Watch Developer Release 1.0M1

I'm beating Vincent by announcing XWiki Watch 1.0M1 before he announces
XWiki 1.1M2 (which is needed for XWiki Watch 1.0M1).
XWiki Watch 1.0M1 is the first official release and is a functional beta.

XWiki Watch is:

- A collaborative RSS/Atom Feed aggregator
- Feeds, Groups and Keywords configuration using an AJAX interface.
Configuration are managed by spaces.
- Storing of articles themselves in XWiki pages using the FeedPlugin's
capabilities
- AJAX UI to navigate articles, open the content
- Collaborative tagging, commenting and flagging of articles, store a
'read' status
- Filtering UI to see only articles from a group, a feed, only flagged
articles, matching a keyword, etc..
- TagCloud of tags applied to articles
- Text analysis feature on the content of articles matching a filter
- Press Review feature allowing to generate an HTML, RSS or PDF page
listing articles and comments matching a filter
- Look and Feel adapted to the Albatross skin by Laurent Lunati !
- Packaged as an XWiki Application (xar) that can run on XWiki 1.1M2 or
later
- French and English User Interface

This release needs some developer skills to be installed. If you are
interested in beta-testing XWiki Watch but don't feel that you can
install XWiki and tweak configuration files, you can send us an email at
[hidden email] to get access to our online beta.

Don't hesitate to send us your feedback with bugs and suggestions. We
manage bugs and new feature requests on JIRA at
http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWATCH

Skype: ldubost GTalk: ldubost
AIM: nvludo Yahoo: ludovic

Re: XWiki Watch Developer Release 1.0M1

On Jun 19, 2007, at 11:49 PM, Ludovic Dubost wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm beating Vincent by announcing XWiki Watch 1.0M1 before he
> announces XWiki 1.1M2 (which is needed for XWiki Watch 1.0M1).

Well, you "thought" you were beating but mail arrived first here! ;-)

> XWiki Watch 1.0M1 is the first official release and is a functional
> beta.

Congrats for this nice release and all the hard work.

We need to discuss on how to integrate XWiki Watch's release process
into the main dev process for XWiki.

> XWiki Watch is:
>
> - A collaborative RSS/Atom Feed aggregator
> - Feeds, Groups and Keywords configuration using an AJAX interface.
> Configuration are managed by spaces.
> - Storing of articles themselves in XWiki pages using the
> FeedPlugin's capabilities
> - AJAX UI to navigate articles, open the content
> - Collaborative tagging, commenting and flagging of articles, store
> a 'read' status
> - Filtering UI to see only articles from a group, a feed, only
> flagged articles, matching a keyword, etc..
> - TagCloud of tags applied to articles
> - Text analysis feature on the content of articles matching a filter
> - Press Review feature allowing to generate an HTML, RSS or PDF
> page listing articles and comments matching a filter
> - Look and Feel adapted to the Albatross skin by Laurent Lunati !
> - Packaged as an XWiki Application (xar) that can run on XWiki
> 1.1M2 or later
> - French and English User Interface
>
> This release needs some developer skills to be installed. If you
> are interested in beta-testing XWiki Watch but don't feel that you
> can install XWiki and tweak configuration files, you can send us an
> email at [hidden email] to get access to our online beta.
>
> Don't hesitate to send us your feedback with bugs and suggestions.
> We manage bugs and new feature requests on JIRA at http://
> jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XWATCH
>
> Ludovic

RE: XWiki Watch Developer Release 1.0M1

THOMAS, BRIAN M (ATTSI)
Ludovic:

XWiki Watch sounds pretty exciting, and as we're currently working on a
project that may want something very like it, I'd like to know:  Has
anyone written up a page describing the features and functions, with
screenshots and the like for the imagination-challenged?

brain[sic]

Hi Brian,

On Jun 20, 2007, at 4:21 PM, THOMAS, BRIAN M (ATTSI) wrote:

> Ludovic:
>
> XWiki Watch sounds pretty exciting, and as we're currently working
> on a
> project that may want something very like it, I'd like to know:  Has
> anyone written up a page describing the features and functions, with
> screenshots and the like for the imagination-challenged?

yes, see http://www.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Solutions/XWikiWatch and
more specifically the following page for screenshots:
http://www.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Solutions/XWikiWatchScreenshotsMain

> brain[sic]

Excellent; thanks.

brain[sic]

kaaloo
Dear Brian,

We are revving up a beta program for XWiki Watch and I would be
interested in your participation. Would this be feasible and
interesting for you in the context of the project you mention ?

Luis

On 6/20/07, THOMAS, BRIAN M (ATTSI) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Excellent; thanks.
>
> brain[sic]

Luis Arias
http://www.xwiki.com
+33 6 14 20 87 93
skype : kaaloo

RE: XWiki Watch Developer Release 1.0M1

THOMAS, BRIAN M (ATTSI)
Quite possibly so, though I won't have time in the foreseeable future to
upgrade to the new XWiki to do so.  A demo site, however, would let me
spend time trying it out.

brain[sic]

Great let's count you in then !  Could you please send me your
professional contact information by private mail if you wish of course
?   We should be sending the invitations to the beta program to the
group tomorrow of Friday at the latest.

Looking forward to your feeback !

Luis Arias
http://www.xwiki.com