XWiki and Ozone widgets

afrey
I am using XWiki (3.0) to display (using iframes) a couple of Ozone widgets as Common Map Widget, Common Query widget, and Data Generator. Ozone and XWiki are running on two different machines.
I am able to see the query results on the map, but when in the Wysiwyg mode I'm not able to display them.

Could anyone that is familiar with the Ozone Widget Framework suggest what do I need to do in order to accomplish that?

I was hopping that the functionality of the two widgets that I mentioned will carry on in the Wysiwyg mode, but as I said, that is not the case, and I was trying to figure out if it was because of the Wysiwyg editor, or because the widgets don't "see" each other.

Thank you,

Alina.
- Alina.

Re: XWiki and Ozone widgets

Marius Dumitru Florea
Hi Alina,

On 06/01/2011 04:51 PM, afrey wrote:
> I am using XWiki (3.0) to display (using iframes) a couple of Ozone widgets
> as Common Map Widget, Common Query widget, and Data Generator. Ozone and
> XWiki are running on two different machines.
> I am able to see the query results on the map, but when in the Wysiwyg mode
> I'm not able to display them. Could anyone that is familiar with the Ozone
> Widget Framework suggest what do I need to do in order to accomplish that?

Besides the iframes, do you use any JavaScript code to display the Ozone
widgets? The wysiwyginput.vm used to generate the input for the WYSIWYG
editor doesn't include javascript.vm and thus none of the JavaScript
extensions. Besides that, the WYSIWYG editor shouldn't have problems
displaying iframes. You can test with a page that contains:

{{html}}<iframe src="http://www.google.com"></iframe>{{/html}}

Hope this helps,
Marius

> Thank you,
>
> Alina.
>
> -----
> - Alina.

Re: XWiki and Ozone widgets

afrey
Marius,

Please see the attached file for the code that I'm using to display the Ozone widgets in the XWiki page.

CodeSubmitedToXwikiTeam.txt

The problem is not displaying the widgets in the iframes. The problem is in displaying the query results on the map. And all of this only in the wysiwyg mode. If I'm in the regular display mode, I'm able to see the all the widgets (map, query, etc) plus the results returned by the query on the map. When in the wysiwyg mode, I can see the widgets, but the results that I get from the query widget, are not displayed on the map widget. Does that make sense?

Alina.
- Alina.

Re: XWiki and Ozone widgets

Ludovic Dubost
This could be because the jsx (Javascript extension) might not be loaded in
wysiwyg mode.

Do you actually need to view your widgets in Wysiwyg mode ?

If not you could use velocity and use #if($context.action=="edit")Widgets
are not displayed in Wysiwyg#else ... #end

Ludovic

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 10:31 PM, afrey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Marius,
>
> Please see the attached file for the code that I'm using to display the
> Ozone widgets in the XWiki page.
>
> http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/file/n6451265/CodeSubmitedToXwikiTeam.txt
> CodeSubmitedToXwikiTeam.txt
>
> The problem is not displaying the widgets in the iframes. The problem is in
> displaying the query results on the map. And all of this only in the
> wysiwyg
> mode. If I'm in the regular display mode, I'm able to see the all the
> widgets (map, query, etc) plus the results returned by the query on the
> map.
> When in the wysiwyg mode, I can see the widgets, but the results that I get
> from the query widget, are not displayed on the map widget. Does that make
> sense?
>
> Alina.
>
> -----
> - Alina.

Founder and CEO
Blog: http://blog.ludovic.org/
XWiki: http://www.xwiki.com
Skype: ldubost GTalk: ldubost

Re: XWiki and Ozone widgets

afrey
Yes, what I need to do is get all the functionality of the widgets in the Wysiwyg mode (that is, have the widgets interactive, query, get results, display them on the map, zoom on the map, etc). Then, when I click the "Save and View" button form the wysiwyg mode, the widgets should be displayed just as I had them set up in the wysiwyg (zoomed in with the results showing up on the map), but not interactive (that is, not be able to zoom on the map, or query in the query widget; just still images of whatever was set up in the wysiwyg mode).
- Alina.

Re: XWiki and Ozone widgets

afrey
How do I load the jsx (Javascript extension) in wysiwyg mode?
- Alina.

Re: XWiki and Ozone widgets

You should check if your javascript is loaded when you are in wysiwyg mode.
The issue is that SSX/JSX are loaded on demand when the content is rendered.
Since you are in Wysiwyg, the rendering is in AJAX so the edit page has no
knowledge of SSX/JSX being needed, so they are not loaded.

This should probably be reported as a bug since they might be a need for a
mecanism for the Wysiwyg AJAX rendering to get a list of CSS and JS to load
once the page is rendered. These CSS and JS would needed to be dynamically
loaded.

Now this can cause some side effects since the CSS or JS could conflict with
the edit mode. Maybe the macros should declare that they want this to
happen.

A workaround for you would be to force load your SSX/JSX all the time (set
"Always" in the needed SSX and JSX).

Ludovic

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 4:22 PM, afrey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, what I need to do is get all the functionality of the widgets in the
> Wysiwyg mode (that is, have the widgets interactive, query, get results,
> display them on the map, zoom on the map, etc). Then, when I click the
> "Save
> and View" button form the wysiwyg mode, the widgets should be displayed
> just
> as I had them set up in the wysiwyg (zoomed in with the results showing up
> on the map), but not interactive (that is, not be able to zoom on the map,
> or query in the query widget; just still images of whatever was set up in
> the wysiwyg mode).
>
> -----
> - Alina.

Founder and CEO
Blog: http://blog.ludovic.org/
XWiki: http://www.xwiki.com
Skype: ldubost GTalk: ldubost

Re: XWiki and Ozone widgets

afrey
Do you mind telling me how to do that, please? I mean how to load SSX and JSX.
Thank you.
- Alina.

Re: XWiki and Ozone widgets

On 06/08/2011 05:28 PM, afrey wrote:
> How do I load the jsx (Javascript extension) in wysiwyg mode?

Did you read my first reply? :)

"The wysiwyginput.vm used to generate the input for the WYSIWYG
editor doesn't include javascript.vm and thus none of the JavaScript
extensions."

Simply write:

#template("javascript.vm")

after the line with:

#template("stylesheets.vm")

Hope this helps,
Marius

> -----
> - Alina.

Re: XWiki and Ozone widgets

You go to the JSX page (you use XWiki.ModalBox) and edit using "edit
objects". You then have a field in the objects to set when this JSX/SSX is
available.

But this might not be the problem. It's hard to actually tell the problem
without more information about your problem or being to look at it on a real
site. You might want to use Firebug in Firefox to see if you have an JS
errors.

Ludovic

On 06/08/2011 05:35 PM, Ludovic Dubost wrote:

> You should check if your javascript is loaded when you are in wysiwyg mode.
> The issue is that SSX/JSX are loaded on demand when the content is rendered.
> Since you are in Wysiwyg, the rendering is in AJAX so the edit page has no
> knowledge of SSX/JSX being needed, so they are not loaded.
>
> This should probably be reported as a bug since they might be a need for a
> mecanism for the Wysiwyg AJAX rendering to get a list of CSS and JS to load
> once the page is rendered. These CSS and JS would needed to be dynamically
> loaded.
>

> Now this can cause some side effects since the CSS or JS could conflict with
> the edit mode.

Exactly. JSX are not loaded on purpose. SSX are loaded though.

> Maybe the macros should declare that they want this to
> happen.
>
> A workaround for you would be to force load your SSX/JSX all the time (set
> "Always" in the needed SSX and JSX).

If you want to enable JSX loading for the edited content then you need
to include javascript.vm template in wysiwyginput.vm like this:

#template("javascript.vm")

Hope this helps,
Marius

> Ludovic
>
> On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 4:22 PM, afrey<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> Yes, what I need to do is get all the functionality of the widgets in the
>> Wysiwyg mode (that is, have the widgets interactive, query, get results,
>> display them on the map, zoom on the map, etc). Then, when I click the
>> "Save
>> and View" button form the wysiwyg mode, the widgets should be displayed
>> just
>> as I had them set up in the wysiwyg (zoomed in with the results showing up
>> on the map), but not interactive (that is, not be able to zoom on the map,
>> or query in the query widget; just still images of whatever was set up in
>> the wysiwyg mode).
>>
>> -----
>> - Alina.

Re: XWiki and Ozone widgets

afrey
So, I went to http://localhost:8086/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/ModalBox -> Edit -> Objects.
Objects of type XWiki.JavaScriptExtension (1) -> JavaScriptExtension 0: modalbox -> Use this extension -> Changed to "Always on this wiki".
Objects of type XWiki.StyleSheetExtension (1) -> StyleSheetExtension 0: modalbox -> Use this extension -> Changed to "Always on this wiki".

These changes didn't solve my problem.

The next one is to modify wysiwyginput.vm. But I don't know how to edit it. I poked around for info on the threads, but I couldn't find anything. Could you please help me with that?

Thank you.
(Mersi mult :))
- Alina.

Re: XWiki and Ozone widgets

Ludovic Dubost
I'd say your problem is different and you need to look at which javascript
errors are reported by your browser.
Firebug is your friend for that

Ludovic

On 06/08/2011 08:11 PM, afrey wrote:

> So, I went to http://localhost:8086/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/ModalBox ->  Edit ->
> Objects.
> Objects of type XWiki.JavaScriptExtension (1) ->  JavaScriptExtension 0:
> modalbox ->  Use this extension ->  Changed to "Always on this wiki".
> Objects of type XWiki.StyleSheetExtension (1) ->  StyleSheetExtension 0:
> modalbox ->  Use this extension ->  Changed to "Always on this wiki".
>
> These changes didn't solve my problem.
>
> The next one is to modify wysiwyginput.vm. But I don't know how to edit it.
> I poked around for info on the threads, but I couldn't find anything. Could
> you please help me with that?

wysiwyginput.vm it's a Velocity template and you can find it on the file
system, on the server, in the templates folder, where you deployed
XWiki. If you don't have access to the file system then you can
overwrite it in your skin (e.g. by attaching the modified version to
your skin page).

> Thank you.
> (Mersi mult :))

:)

Hope this helps,
Marius

> -----
> - Alina.

Re: XWiki and Ozone widgets

afrey
I changed the wysiwyginput.vm as suggested, and the problem with the ModalBox was fixed. So now I'm able to get the DropBox in the wysiwyg mode.

Thank you both for the info.

Now the problem that I have is how do I make the results from the query widget show up in the map widget. As a reminder, this is possible if not in the wysiwyg mode.

Alina.
- Alina.

Re: XWiki and Ozone widgets

Ludovic Dubost
As I said, we cannot help if you don't give us more information (javascript
error from firebug for instance)

Ludovic