XWiki book

Rieken, Joshua
Is anyone working on an XWiki book and can tell us about it? :-) I think the current documentation improvement efforts are great, but what we really need is a good book that ties together XWiki capabilities with up-to-date examples.

-Joshua-

Re: XWiki book

Guillaume Lerouge
Hi Joshua,
On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 9:02 PM, Rieken, Joshua <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Is anyone working on an XWiki book and can tell us about it? :-) I think
> the current documentation improvement efforts are great, but what we really
> need is a good book that ties together XWiki capabilities with up-to-date
> examples.

I think Vincent has been thinking about such a book for years now but he
never got to actually write it :-)

There is no active effort to write the book at the moment but I'm sure
Vincent still keeps the idea in mind... for later ;-)

Guillaume

> -Joshua-

Guillaume Lerouge
Product Manager - XWiki SAS
Skype: wikibc
Twitter: glerouge
http://guillaumelerouge.com/

Re: XWiki book

rrodrigueznt
Hi!

Guillaume Lerouge wrote:

> Hi Joshua,
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 9:02 PM, Rieken, Joshua <[hidden email]>wrote:
>

>> Is anyone working on an XWiki book and can tell us about it? :-) I think
>> the current documentation improvement efforts are great, but what we really
>> need is a good book that ties together XWiki capabilities with up-to-date
>> examples.
>>

> I think Vincent has been thinking about such a book for years now but he
> never got to actually write it :-)
>
> There is no active effort to write the book at the moment but I'm sure
> Vincent still keeps the idea in mind... for later ;-)
>
> Guillaume

Please, let me add a comment: this book must be "only" a snapshot of the
current state of XWiki documentation in xwiki.org. I mean, the printing
preflight must be generated on the fly from xwiki.org contents. Just
code and xwiki.org contents between "us" and the offset printing
machine. Is this an acceptable/affordable challenge?

Cheers!

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez
Your EPEC Network ICT Team

Re: XWiki book

Euloiix
:) 2 years later I know. But then... there maybe hope.

So... any update on this ?
I am totally new to XWiki and I am totally lost with the documentation.