XWiki on Weblogic 12.2.1

Qkxy
Hi,

I tried to install XWiki 8.3 WAR on Weblogic 12.2.1 but it failed on XWikiJaxRsApplication because it extends  the javax.ws.rs.core.Application class and the container tries to set up this as a JAX-RS 2 servlet and of course it not find the servlet configuration.
I'm unable to find any option to tell to the WLS to not use JAX-RS.

I have found this JIRA ticket, but it helps nothing to solve this problem.

Do you have any idea/experience how to install XWiki on WLS 12.2.1?

Thanks, Zoltán.

Re: XWiki on Weblogic 12.2.1

Qkxy
Hi,

I have managed to deploy XWiki 8.3 to Weblogic 12.2.1 on a not supported way:
I have disabled JAX-RS  support in the server by deleting the
$ORACLE_HOME/wlserver/modules/weblogic.jaxrs.integration.jar
After it the deployer still missings the
com.sun.jersey.server.impl.inject.AbstractHttpContextInjectable
 class so I have put Jersey-1.19.1 server and core jars into the WEB-INF/lib.

Application deployed and started, DW run successfully but some requests failed by CCE:
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.xpn.xwiki.web.XWikiServletRequest cannot be cast to weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.getOriginalRequest(ServletRequestImpl.java:1577)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:118)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.web.XWikiAction.redirectSpaceURLs(XWikiAction.java:911)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.web.XWikiAction.execute(XWikiAction.java:335)
        at com.xpn.xwiki.web.XWikiAction.execute(XWikiAction.java:210)

I have found a similar post so I have modified the XWikiServletRequest to extend javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequestWrapper.
Now I have a working XWiki on WLS but I have to do it without modifying the server binaries.

Do you have any ide how to disable JAX-RS in WLS 12.2.1 for a deployment only?

Thanks, Zoltán

Re: XWiki on Weblogic 12.2.1

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 3:18 PM, Qkxy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have managed to deploy XWiki 8.3 to Weblogic 12.2.1 on a not supported
> way:
> I have disabled JAX-RS  support in the server by deleting the
> After it the deployer still missings the  class so I have put Jersey-1.19.1
> server and core jars into the WEB-INF/lib.
>
> Application deployed and started, DW run successfully but some requests
> failed by CCE:
>

> I have found  a similar post <https://github.com/gitblit/gitblit/issues/520>
> so I have modified the XWikiServletRequest to extend
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequestWrapper.
> Now I have a working XWiki on WLS but I have to do it without modifying the
> server binaries.
>
> Do you have any ide how to disable JAX-RS in WLS 12.2.1 for a deployment
> only?

Sorry I have no experience of Weblogic.

In the meantime extending HttpServletRequestWrapper is definitely
safer and cleaner so I'm doing it in standard. Among other things it
makes much easier to upgrade Servlet API version.