XWiki on free-tier?

Paul Libbrecht-2

Hello XWiki-users,

has anyone gone somewhat far with the free-tier of some cloud provider?
I know there is the myxwiki.org farm, but I wanted to know of alternatives.
For example, two years ago, the GSoC student Savitha managed to run for a while on EC2, but at the end she reached, I think, a limit in the amount of DB requests. It would be interesting to know if others have gone somewhat far.

I would prefer a somewhat automated way to do that, using a potentially paid long-life, so that it can open the door to a first development followed by a promotion to a real project.

thanks in advance.

Paul

Re: XWiki on free-tier?

Roman Muntyanu
Alternative:
http://www.cloudbees.com/partners/integrated/xwiki-cloud
(but I haven't tried it)

Re: XWiki on free-tier?

Hi Paul,

I’ve started this page for now:
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Drafts/XWikiHosting

Feel free to edit it and add information.

On 24 Sep 2014 at 22:13:39, Paul Libbrecht ([hidden email](mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:

> Hello XWiki-users,
>
> has anyone gone somewhat far with the free-tier of some cloud provider?
> I know there is the myxwiki.org farm, but I wanted to know of alternatives.
> For example, two years ago, the GSoC student Savitha managed to run for a while on EC2, but at the end she reached, I think, a limit in the amount of DB requests. It would be interesting to know if others have gone somewhat far.
>
> I would prefer a somewhat automated way to do that, using a potentially paid long-life, so that it can open the door to a first development followed by a promotion to a real project.
>
> thanks in advance.
>
> Paul

Re: XWiki on free-tier?

Paul Libbrecht-2
Did anyone try it?
(I did not even have an answer about programmability)

I kind of remember that myxwiki.org is not offering programming, right?

thanks

paul

On 29 Sep 2014 at 10:17:13, Paul Libbrecht ([hidden email](mailto:[hidden email])) wrote:

> Did anyone try it?

Did you see my answer BTW?

Cloudbees is stopping it, see https://www.business-cloud.com/articles/news/cloudbees-becomes-enterprise-jenkins

> (I did not even have an answer about programmability)
>
> I kind of remember that myxwiki.org is not offering programming, right?

Correct, no farm should offer this feature for obvious reasons… And no hosted solution would offer it either unless you are given control of the server box (dedicated hosting), and that’s more expensive obviously.