XWiki on sonarqube.com

FYI I’ve created an organization for xwiki on https://sonarqube.com at:

https://sonarqube.com/organizations/xwiki/projects

This using the default Quality Gate from sonarQube and right now it’s not possible to configure it. However they’re tuning it a lot and they told me that within 2 months there should be a lot less false negatives (there are plenty right now). SonarSource will ping me when it’s done (they’ll use XWiki to tune it).

The following step is to be able to define Quality Gates per project on sonarqube.com. They’ll think about it.

My idea ATM is:

* Once the quality level is good enough, move to sonarqube.com instead of maintaining our own sonar.xwiki.org (ie have sonar.xwiki.org redirect to it). Right now we’re lagging behind a lot and using one of the worst version of sonarqube (but upgrading is difficult and depends on XWiki SAS infra and they have other priorities).

* In the future, define some XWiki-specific Quality Gates to fail our CI Sonar jobs.

Re: XWiki on sonarqube.com

Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)
On Thu, Apr 6, 2017 at 7:54 PM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> FYI I’ve created an organization for xwiki on https://sonarqube.com at:
>
> https://sonarqube.com/organizations/xwiki/projects
>
> This using the default Quality Gate from sonarQube and right now it’s not
> possible to configure it. However they’re tuning it a lot and they told me
> that within 2 months there should be a lot less false negatives (there are
> plenty right now). SonarSource will ping me when it’s done (they’ll use
> XWiki to tune it).

That's nice.

> The following step is to be able to define Quality Gates per project on
> sonarqube.com. They’ll think about it.
>
> My idea ATM is:
>
> * Once the quality level is good enough, move to sonarqube.com instead of
> maintaining our own sonar.xwiki.org (ie have sonar.xwiki.org redirect to
> it). Right now we’re lagging behind a lot and using one of the worst
> version of sonarqube (but upgrading is difficult and depends on XWiki SAS
> infra and they have other priorities).
>
> * In the future, define some XWiki-specific Quality Gates to fail our CI
> Sonar jobs.

Re: XWiki on sonarqube.com

Sounds good.