XWiki with an apache proxy

natoine
I've created a proxy redirection with apache2 wiki.mydomain.com to
access my wiki wich is normaly accessible through mydomain:8180/xwiki

I loose all the CSS when i access through wiki.mydomain.com ...

Somebody has an idea of what i can do ?

--
Antoine SEILLES
Doctorant (phd student)

LIRMM CNRS UM2:
UMR 5506 - CC 477
161 rue Ada
34095 Montpellier Cedex 5
FRANCE
http://www.lirmm.fr

Association imagiLAB
http://www.imagilab.fr

Tel: +33 (0)6 20 453 288
09 51 14 59 65
http://www.natoine.fr
http://natoine.developpez.com

Re: XWiki with an apache proxy

Paul Libbrecht-2
Antoine,

We've done this for most sites without an issue and, I find, is best practice.
(e.g. on i2geo.net, www.curriki.org, infitea.eu, ...)
Be careful to proxy wiki.mydomain.com/xwiki/ to localhost:8180/xwiki/ (i.e. don't miss the trailing slash both sides), that's a common pitfall.

Sometimes, the servlet container offers you to add proxyHost and proxyPort as an option, I never found this useful, I think this is used in multi-hosting servlet containers.

In general, I would say you might have your browser to be "dirty" (with some memorized failures).
CTRL-refloading, emptying-cache-and-reloading, restarting browser, may all remove that dirt.
Alternatively, the pages may refer to CSS with absolute URLs but that is not the default.

The best way to debug this is to use something such Safari's Web-Inspector (or Chrome's) or the Firebug extensions. The network (or resources) tab can indicate you these issues.

paul

Le 6 sept. 2011 à 16:22, natoine a écrit :

> I've created a proxy redirection with apache2 wiki.mydomain.com to
> access my wiki wich is normaly accessible through mydomain:8180/xwiki
>
> I loose all the CSS when i access through wiki.mydomain.com ...
>
> Somebody has an idea of what i can do ?

Re: XWiki with an apache proxy

Guillaume Fenollar-2
Hi,

You should configure your proxy using ajp port with ProxyPass and
ProxyPassReverse. Here some explanations.
http://www.zeitoun.net/articles/configure-mod_proxy_ajp-with-tomcat/start

(Don't forget to activate the proxy_ajp module, which is not noticed in this
page)
Regards,

Guillaume

2011/9/6 Paul Libbrecht <[hidden email]>

> Antoine,
>
> We've done this for most sites without an issue and, I find, is best
> practice.
> (e.g. on i2geo.net, www.curriki.org, infitea.eu, ...)
> Be careful to proxy wiki.mydomain.com/xwiki/ to localhost:8180/xwiki/
> (i.e. don't miss the trailing slash both sides), that's a common pitfall.
>
> Sometimes, the servlet container offers you to add proxyHost and proxyPort
> as an option, I never found this useful, I think this is used in
> multi-hosting servlet containers.
>
> In general, I would say you might have your browser to be "dirty" (with
> some memorized failures).
> CTRL-refloading, emptying-cache-and-reloading, restarting browser, may all
> remove that dirt.
> Alternatively, the pages may refer to CSS with absolute URLs but that is
> not the default.
>
> The best way to debug this is to use something such Safari's Web-Inspector
> (or Chrome's) or the Firebug extensions. The network (or resources) tab can
> indicate you these issues.
>
> paul
>

> Le 6 sept. 2011 à 16:22, natoine a écrit :
>
> > I've created a proxy redirection with apache2 wiki.mydomain.com to
> > access my wiki wich is normaly accessible through mydomain:8180/xwiki
> >
> > I loose all the CSS when i access through wiki.mydomain.com ...
> >
> > Somebody has an idea of what i can do ?

Guillaume Fenollar
XWiki SysAdmin
Tel : 01.83.62.65.97