XWord - strange problem regarding pages and spaces

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

XWord - strange problem regarding pages and spaces

Lockie
Hello

I have installed XWord without any problem on my Windows XP & Word 2007 system, however I'm encountering a strange problem. If I create a page in an existing space in XWord, it gets the name as SpaceName.PageName as normal, however the page seems to have no parent space, almost as if it is another WebHome. The breadcrumbs for the page rather then being SpaceName >> PageName, it just has the PageName (again much like a normal WebHome page).

It's kind of a problem because my menu system automatically lists the pages within each space using a "#foreach($item in $xwiki.searchDocuments($sql))" method, only the pages created in XWord don't appear at all.

Also, if I edit a page originally created in XWiki it suffers the same problem if I edit it and publish it in XWord. If I go to the Information tab that lists all child pages, only pages created in XWiki appear, and any that have been edited or created in XWord do not. The only way I can find them is to lucene search them.

Is it supposed to function like this? Any help on this would be really appreciated, I hope I can get this functioning correctly.

Thanks
Lockie
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: XWord - strange problem regarding pages and spaces

Lockie
So far the only workaround I have is to manually put "SpaceName.WebHome" in the Parent field in the Documentation Information panel when editing the the page in wysiwyg mode (by default it appears blank for Xword-published pages). But I don't want my end users to have to manually do that, so is there some way I can automatically get the XWord-published page to automatically be associated with the WebHome of the picked space?
Lockie
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: XWord - strange problem regarding pages and spaces

Florin Ciubotaru
In reply to this post by Lockie
Hi,

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 6:42 AM, Lockie <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Hello
>
> I have installed XWord without any problem on my Windows XP & Word 2007
> system, however I'm encountering a strange problem. If I create a page in
> an
> existing space in XWord, it gets the name as SpaceName.PageName as normal,
> however the page seems to have no parent space, almost as if it is another
> WebHome. The breadcrumbs for the page rather then being SpaceName >>
> PageName, it just has the PageName (again much like a normal WebHome page).
>
XOffice does not  set a parent for the page. This can is easy to implement.
Can you report an issue on http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XOFFICE?

>
> It's kind of a problem because my menu system automatically lists the pages
> within each space using a "#foreach($item in $xwiki.searchDocuments($sql))"
> method, only the pages created in XWord don't appear at all.
>
Depends on what you search for. If you are searching for documents having a
certain value for its parent field then you won't find pages edited with
XOffice.

>
> Also, if I edit a page originally created in XWiki it suffers the same
> problem if I edit it and publish it in XWord. If I go to the Information
> tab
> that lists all child pages, only pages created in XWiki appear, and any
> that
> have been edited or created in XWord do not. The only way I can find them
> is
> to lucene search them.
>
The pages should appear when using document searches like those in
Main.AllDocs or Main.SpaceIndex.

Thanks,
Florin Ciubotaru

>
> Is it supposed to function like this? Any help on this would be really
> appreciated, I hope I can get this functioning correctly.
>
> Thanks
>
> -----
> ----
> Lockie
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/XWord-strange-problem-regarding-pages-and-spaces-tp5790661p5790661.html
> Sent from the XWiki- Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: XWord - strange problem regarding pages and spaces

Lockie
Hi Florin,

Thanks for the response. I reported the issue on Jira.

I realise why my list pages in space menu system wasn't displaying because as you say, they are linked to the parent page (WebHome) which I now remember I did to avoid it listing undesirable pages such as "WebHome" and "WebPreferences" if it were to link all pages in the space:

|= Menu
#set($sql = "where doc.parent = '${doc.web}.${doc.name}'")
#foreach($item in $xwiki.searchDocuments($sql))
 |[[${item}]]
#end

Cheers
Lockie