Xwiki replace " " with "+" on title

pintegrati
Hi.
I made a new Xwiki installazione, but when I create an article or a space with a title likes "One two" I see two titles/names: "One two" and "One+two".

Wath I made wrong?

I used "war" package 7.4.3 and 7.4.4-SNAPSHOT on CentOS 7.2 (as minimal server) with OpenJDK 1.8.0_91, Tomcat 8.0.35, MariaDB 5.5.47 and the Oracle mysql connector  5.1.9.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Xwiki replace " " with "+" on title

Eduard Moraru
Hi, Stefano,

What do you mean when you say you are creating an "article"? Is it a wiki
page?
Also, how are you creating spaces? Since XWiki 7.2 we should no longer have
the notion of "space", just "page" (or "nested pages"). Please see:
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/ContentOrganization/

Regarding the problem you are reporting, you need to give us some more
information. Where do you see the 2 titles? Once you create a new page and
click Save & View, you should be redirected to view mode where you should
see a single page title and, above it, the breadcrumbs for the current page.

The only place where I can imagine that you could see "One+two" would be
the browser's URL (address bar), but I`m not sure how that would be related
to XWiki.

Please tell us more on the steps you are taking and the result you are
observing (and where are those results displayed).

Thanks,
Eduard

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 6:44 PM, stefbort <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi.
> I made a new Xwiki installazione, but when I create an article or a space
> with a title likes "One two" I see two titles/names: "One two" and
> "One+two".
>
> Wath I made wrong?
>
> I used "war" package 7.4.3 and 7.4.4-SNAPSHOT on CentOS 7.2 (as minimal
> server) with OpenJDK 1.8.0_91, Tomcat 8.0.35, MariaDB 5.5.47 and the Oracle
> mysql connector  5.1.9.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Re: Xwiki replace " " with "+" on title

pintegrati
Hi Eduard.
I am sorry. I used no rigth names.

"Article" is a wiki page.
"Space" is a wiki page with dashboard.

About double titles are showed in the dashboard, in the list "My Recent Modification" and if I search I can see two title in the search list.
If I create a new page after "Save & view" I will redirect in the rigth page.
But now, to try again to write more information, I see more details:
- if I create a "simple" page I have a "norma" title. When I update the page I will have 2 page: one is a original, one is updated. And I will have a new title-line in the document automatic list for each version;
- if I create a page with dashboard I will see the "+" insted " ": the original with "{{dashboard/}}" in the text and the second paga (page with "+" in the title) with empty text. If I create a new page with location inside this i will have 3 news dasboard-page. Example: "Space Two", "Space Two", "Space%2BTwo"...

I will be crazy.

I can see this to go directly on port 8080 of Tomcat. I do not have any reverse proxy.
OK. Perhaps the problem may be in the Tomcat confogiration? I am using, to try, italian layout and italian codepage characters. The database in MariaDB is in utf8_bin, as guide suggest.
When I used the old versione (6.4) I found no problem. Now I don't understand.

I attach two screenshots.

Thanks.

Re: Xwiki replace " " with "+" on title

Clemens Klein-Robbenhaar
I think setting the tomcat to use italian codepage characters is not necessary;
UTF-8 should cover all use cases.

If you use URIEncoding="UTF8" in the connector of tomcat, all should be fine.

I tried to reproduce the issue with an XWiki running inside jetty and could not reproduce the issue, unfortunately.

> About double titles are showed in the dashboard, in the list "My Recent
> Modification" and if I search I can see two title in the search list.
> If I create a new page after "Save & view" I will redirect in the rigth
> page.
> But now, to try again to write more information, I see more details:
> - if I create a "simple" page I have a "norma" title. When I update the page
> I will have 2 page: one is a original, one is updated. And I will have a new
> title-line in the document automatic list for each version;
> - if I create a page with dashboard I will see the "+" insted " ": the
> original with "{{dashboard/}}" in the text and the second paga (page with
> "+" in the title) with empty text. If I create a new page with location
> inside this i will have 3 news dasboard-page. Example: "Space Two", "Space
> Two", "Space%2BTwo"...
>
> I will be crazy.
>
> I can see this to go directly on port 8080 of Tomcat. I do not have any
> reverse proxy.
> OK. Perhaps the problem may be in the Tomcat confogiration? I am using, to
> try, italian layout and italian codepage characters. The database in MariaDB
> is in utf8_bin, as guide suggest.
> When I used the old versione (6.4) I found no problem. Now I don't
> understand.
>
> I attach two screenshots.
>
> Thanks.
>
> <http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/file/n7599978/screenshot1.jpg>
> <http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/file/n7599978/screenshot2.jpg>

mit freundlichen Grüßen
Clemens Klein-Robbenhaar

--
Clemens Klein-Robbenhaar
Software Development

HRB 77554 B - Berlin-Charlottenburg
Vorstand: Maya Biersack, Peter Biersack
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dipl.-Wirtsch.-Ing. Winfried Weber
Zertifiziert nach ISO 9001:2008

Re: Xwiki replace " " with "+" on title

pintegrati
Thanks Clemens.

Clemens Klein-Robbenhaar wrote
If you use URIEncoding="UTF8" in the connector of tomcat, all should be fine.
Done! But, unfurtunatly, not resolve.
With Jetty don't try. I need to deploy on Tomcat or Wildfly/Jboss.

Regards.

Re: Xwiki replace " " with "+" on title

Eduard Moraru
Hi,

Indeed, I was also not able to reproduce the issue on our standalone
distribution (jetty+hsqldb - 7.4.3 or 8.2-snapshot). Most likely a
configuration issue that needs a bit more tinkering to get right, but
unfortunately I can`t help with that.

Maybe someone else could help out, but when you figure it out, please share
with us the solution or update the wiki pages about installation on
xwiki.org.

Thanks,
Eduard

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 4:05 PM, stefbort <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Clemens.
>

> Clemens Klein-Robbenhaar wrote
> > If you use URIEncoding="UTF8" in the connector of tomcat, all should be
> > fine.
>
> Done! But, unfurtunatly, not resolve.
> With Jetty don't try. I need to deploy on Tomcat or Wildfly/Jboss.
>
> Regards.

Re: Xwiki replace " " with "+" on title

pintegrati
Hi everybody.

 FIXIED

The cause is Tomcat. With release 8 (maybe 9 too?) Xwiki don't works correctly.
With release 7 it is a rock!

Like this I see the mysql connector release 6 dont'n works with Xwiki.

Tanks to all .

Re: Xwiki replace " " with "+" on title

Clemens Klein-Robbenhaar
Hi Stefano,

 thanks for letting us know about the solution to your problem.

On thing that has changed from tomcat7 to tomcat8 is that the default URL-Encoding has changed from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8
(compare http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/http.html
with http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.0-doc/config/http.html
search for "URIEncoding" to see the difference)

 In this light it seems my advice to set the URIEncoding to UTF-8 is just bad;
if you ever plan update to tomcat8, you probably want to set URIEncoding="ISO-8859-1" instead
(or set that org.apache.catalina.STRICT_SERVLET_COMPLIANCE on startup)
to prevent that problem to reappear.

> The cause is Tomcat. With release 8 (maybe 9 too?) Xwiki don't works
> correctly.
> With release 7 it is a rock!
>
> Like this I see the mysql connector release 6 dont'n works with Xwiki.
>
> Tanks to all .

Re: Xwiki replace " " with "+" on title

pintegrati
Thenks Clemens.
I will read the Tomcat page about http connector. At the moment I am busy on the configure and populate Xwiki.

At the next post.

Re: Xwiki replace " " with "+" on title

helged
Just experienced the same problem today when migrating a XWiki Enterprise 8.0 instance to a new Linux server (was running 8.0.33 on Windows). Downgraded the Linux Tomcat 8.0.35 to 8.0.33 and the problem went away.

Same problem confirmed with Tomcat 8.5.3. It seems there are some major issues regarding encoding of spaces in pagenames in these versions higher than 8.0.33.

Have not had time to investigate further, but it might be related to issue with id 59317 mentioned in the release notes for 8.0.34.

Regards,
Helge

Re: Xwiki replace " " with "+" on title

pintegrati
Hi.
Tanks Helged. The issue 59317 may be the cause. I did other two test and with Tomcat 9 Xwiki dosn't work fine.
URIEncoding is not cause or solution.
At the moment I am using Tomcat 8.0.35 under Linux and It works fine.