Xword 2003

Daniel Johansson
Hi,
I found a snapshot of Xword2003. It installs with no errors but nothing shows up in Word 2003. I noticed that Word 2003 add-in is not on the roadmap anymore. Are there still plans to add support for Word 2003?

Daniel

Re: Xword 2003

Florin Ciubotaru
Hi,

On 4/21/2010 9:30 PM, Daniel Johansson wrote:
> Hi,
> I found a snapshot of Xword2003. It installs with no errors but nothing
> shows up in Word 2003.
This is a known issue caused by missing digital signatures for the
add-in assemblies.
> I noticed that Word 2003 add-in is not on the roadmap
> anymore. Are there still plans to add support for Word 2003?

XWord 2003 was created as a side project by one of our Google Summer of
code students. The add-in is functional but it lacks a proper deployment
method.

I'm currently handling other tasks at XWiki SAS, but I'll continue to
support XOffice. There will be a XOffice 1.2 release with some new
features and potentially XWord 2003 included, but there's no timeline
for it since I'm doing it on my spare time. It all depends on how much
it's requested by the users.

Florin Ciubotaru
> Daniel

Re: Xword 2003

Daniel Johansson
Ok, thanks for the update.
Is there any documentation outlining how to get it installed for 2003?

/Daniel

Re: Xword 2003

Florin Ciubotaru
Hi,
On 4/23/2010 12:36 AM, Daniel Johansson wrote:
> Ok, thanks for the update.
> Is there any documentation outlining how to get it installed for 2003?

No. The process is rather extensive and requires rebuilding or manual
signing of the binaries. Definitely not something for the regular user
without any dev tools. That snapshot should actually be removed until
the installer is fixed.

Florin Ciubotaru