access rights...I getting them wrong

Hiller, Dean
access rights...I getting them wrong

I tried adding these rights to whole wiki

Groups: XWiki.XWikiAllGroup
Access Levels: edit, comment, view
Users: <blank>
Allow/Deny: Allow

and this shuts down the ability to register.  What am I doing wrong?  I want people to be able to register and to be immediately able to start editing.

thanks,
dean

Re: access rights...I getting them wrong

Ludovic Dubost

Hi Dean,

You should edit the document rights for document XWiki.RegisterNewUser

Groups: XWiki.XWikiAllGroup
Access Levels: view
Users: XWiki.XWikiGuest
Allow/Deny: Allow

This will allow users to view the register page..
You might want to redirect to the register page for unregistered users
or modify the login.vm template to put a link to the registration page

Ludovic