adding custom struts action to existing xwiki struts configuration

adding custom struts action to existing xwiki struts configuration

YEUNG, HOWARD (CONTRACTOR)
Hi there,
I wonder if it possible to add my own action classes.  The action class
runs fine in its own context.  Then action class is added to the
WEB-INF/classes and the struts-config.xml is updated to reference the
class.  (Of course I re-started the Tomcat) However I get an "Invalid
path was requested" error when I reference the action in the /xwiki/bin/
context.

Also I wonder if this is doable in xwiki.  The xwiki uses struts.  But
can people add their own custom action class to it.  Thanks.

Howard Yeung

Re: adding custom struts action to existing xwiki struts configuration

The XWiki actions expect always a document name I think.. So the URL
should be

/xwiki/bin/youraction/Space/Doc

If you want a different behaviour you will need to modify the
XWikiRequestProcessor
I'd like to find a more dynamic way for plugins to add their actions..
This probably needs some XWiki service that binds to the struts config

Ludovic

YEUNG, HOWARD (CONTRACTOR) wrote:

> Hi there,
> I wonder if it possible to add my own action classes.  The action class
> runs fine in its own context.  Then action class is added to the
> WEB-INF/classes and the struts-config.xml is updated to reference the
> class.  (Of course I re-started the Tomcat) However I get an "Invalid
> path was requested" error when I reference the action in the /xwiki/bin/
> context.
>
> Also I wonder if this is doable in xwiki.  The xwiki uses struts.  But
> can people add their own custom action class to it.  Thanks.
>
> Howard Yeung

RE: adding custom struts action to existing xwiki struts configuration

YEUNG, HOWARD (CONTRACTOR)
Ludovic,

Thanks.  That works.  As it has pointed by by another user -
/xwiki/bin/youraction/ without the document specification works too.