admin rights 'removed'?

Frédéric Barachant-3
hello.
I've been doind a huge mistake while configuring my xwiki two days ago and it seems that i removed some admin rights.
While i can log in using the standard xwiki admin account, i can't modify the xwiki.preferences, it says that "You are not allowed to view this document or perform this action. "
If i did what i think -that is, removing my own admin rights- how may i bring them back?
Any way through the database?

Thanks a lot.

Re: admin rights 'removed'?

Ludovic Dubost

You should add

xwiki.superadminpassword=xyz

to xwiki.cfg and restart

You can then login with user superadmin and pass 'xyz' with admin rights

Ludovic

[hidden email] a écrit :

> hello.
> I've been doind a huge mistake while configuring my xwiki two days ago and it seems that i removed some admin rights.
> While i can log in using the standard xwiki admin account, i can't modify the xwiki.preferences, it says that "You are not allowed to view this document or perform this action. "
> If i did what i think -that is, removing my own admin rights- how may i bring them back?
> Any way through the database?
>
> Thanks a lot.

Re: admin rights 'removed'?

jeremi joslin
> hello.
> I've been doind a huge mistake while configuring my xwiki two days ago and it seems that i removed some admin rights.
> While i can log in using the standard xwiki admin account, i can't modify the xwiki.preferences, it says that "You are not allowed to view this document or perform this action. "
> If i did what i think -that is, removing my own admin rights- how may i bring them back?
> Any way through the database?
>
> Thanks a lot.

Hi,
edit the file WEB-INF/xwiki.cfg in your xwiki directory
add this at the end of the file :
xwiki.superadminpassword=YourPassword

after, log in with the user superadmin. With this user, you can do
what you want.

Jérémi

--
Blog: http://www.jeremi.info