alphanumeric sorting

Vivian Richard
Hi devs,

column sorting (as shown in table generated by "xwiki.result") does only
string sort. Is there any way to do alphanumeric sort?

for example sorting does something like this: a1, a10, a11, a2, a21,
a3,a4  ..... , a9, ......
I would like to get something like this: a1, a2, a3, a4, ... a9....
a10, a11, a21, ......

Also is there a way just to do the numeric sort?

Regards......

Re: alphanumeric sorting

Ludovic Dubost-2

I think this is hard because your column is not a number but a string

a1,a2,a3 is not a number..

The column sorting is JS so it can probably be modified to do some
custom sorting.
But a numeric rule will not be so easy

Suppose you have page names like that:

A1234B3434

You would want to split the text in 4 and do numeric sorting on the
number part.
This is not so easy.

Ludovic

Vivian Richard a écrit :

> Hi devs,
>
> column sorting (as shown in table generated by "xwiki.result") does only
> string sort. Is there any way to do alphanumeric sort?
>
> for example sorting does something like this: a1, a10, a11, a2, a21,
> a3,a4  ..... , a9, ......
> I would like to get something like this: a1, a2, a3, a4, ... a9....
> a10, a11, a21, ......
>
> Also is there a way just to do the numeric sort?
>
> Regards......

Blog: http://blog.ludovic.org/
XWiki: http://www.xwiki.com
Skype: ldubost GTalk: ldubost