bad rtf exportation and customizing the pdf export look and feel

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

bad rtf exportation and customizing the pdf export look and feel

Marine Julian
Hello,

I notice that exportation in rtf format has some bad behaviors:

   - Two things are not really important because, like it's rtf format, we
   can modify the document. But the rendering is a little weird : the
   importation doesn't create a cover page with the main title and puts the
   beginning of the table of content at the bottom of the first page...
   - As well (and it's the big point to me), tables are rendered in a
   strange way: the column width is so thin that we cannot notice the
   content of cells... We can thin "No matter, we can modify the larger in the
   rtf document" but we can only do that cell by cell... For small tables, it's
   okay but, for bigger ones, it's not very useful ! I put an example in
   attachment of this table so that you can see the issue:
   |=column 1|=column 2
   |content 1|content 2

To finish, I just have one question about customizing exportation. I tried
to customize the PDF export Look & Feel by creating a PDFClass and a
PDFClassTemplate. The template has a textearea "style" property which
contains (just to test) :
h1{
color : red;
}
div{
color : red;
}
p{
color : red;
}
I added the "&template=XWiki.PDFClassTemplate" line to the exportation link
but the rendering is always the same... Did I forgot to do something ?
For your knowledge, I tried that because I would like to customize the table
look and feel. I don't like that they don't have borders...

Thank you in advance for your help.
Marine

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bad rtf exportation and customizing the pdf export look and feel

Wilson Leão Neto
@Marine

Hey! I had the same problem, regarding the PDF export customization, I'm
still not able to do it creating the Class document like they've done in the
tutorial. I was suggested to add a *pdf.css *file into the *\Xwiki\templates
* folder. Add the css code into the file and test it. It should work.

Also, have you tried to edit the header, footer or toc? I'm having problems
editing the toc, if you know something, please tell me.

Best regards,

Wilson

2010/5/20 Marine JULIAN <[hidden email]>

> Hello,
>
> I notice that exportation in rtf format has some bad behaviors:
>
>   - Two things are not really important because, like it's rtf format, we
>   can modify the document. But the rendering is a little weird : the
>   importation doesn't create a cover page with the main title and puts the
>   beginning of the table of content at the bottom of the first page...
>   - As well (and it's the big point to me), tables are rendered in a
>   strange way: the column width is so thin that we cannot notice the
>   content of cells... We can thin "No matter, we can modify the larger in
> the
>   rtf document" but we can only do that cell by cell... For small tables,
> it's
>   okay but, for bigger ones, it's not very useful ! I put an example in
>   attachment of this table so that you can see the issue:
>   |=column 1|=column 2
>   |content 1|content 2
>
> To finish, I just have one question about customizing exportation. I tried
> to customize the PDF export Look & Feel by creating a PDFClass and a
> PDFClassTemplate. The template has a textearea "style" property which
> contains (just to test) :
> h1{
> color : red;
> }
> div{
> color : red;
> }
> p{
> color : red;
> }
> I added the "&template=XWiki.PDFClassTemplate" line to the exportation link
> but the rendering is always the same... Did I forgot to do something ?
> For your knowledge, I tried that because I would like to customize the
> table
> look and feel. I don't like that they don't have borders...
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.
> Marine
>
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>
>
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bad rtf exportation and customizing the pdf export look and feel

Marine Julian
Hi Wilson !

Wilson Leão Neto wrote
Hey! I had the same problem, regarding the PDF export customization, I'm
still not able to do it creating the Class document like they've done in the
tutorial. I was suggested to add a *pdf.css *file into the *\Xwiki\templates
* folder. Add the css code into the file and test it. It should work.
Indeed, it works when I create a pdf.css file in the \Xwiki\templates folder. So thank you it could be an alternative for what i'm trying to do. In fact, i'm using a farm and i would prefer have one customization per wiki. So, it will be great if the tutorial method can work !
Anyone encounters this issue (can't be able to customize creating the PDFClass) and find a way to do it ? Besides, it's weird because I saw in pdf*.vm files some calls to the XWiki.PDFClass... But i don't really know how it works...

Wilson Leão Neto wrote
Also, have you tried to edit the header, footer or toc? I'm having problems
editing the toc, if you know something, please tell me.
Actually, I didn't try but I took a look at it and I was able to add some little things. I don't think I can help you but... who knows ? What are your problems ?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bad rtf exportation and customizing the pdf export look and feel

Wilson Leão Neto
"Besides, it's weird because I saw in
pdf*.vm files some calls to the XWiki.PDFClass... But i don't really know
how it works..."

Same here, I saw those calls almost everywhere... Don't know how they work.
Could you, reader, be gentle enough to exlpain it to us ;)

Wilson

2010/5/21 Marine Julian <[hidden email]>

>
> Hi Wilson !
>
>
> Wilson Leão Neto wrote:
> >
> > Hey! I had the same problem, regarding the PDF export customization, I'm
> > still not able to do it creating the Class document like they've done in
> > the
> > tutorial. I was suggested to add a *pdf.css *file into the
> > *\Xwiki\templates
> > * folder. Add the css code into the file and test it. It should work.
> >
> Indeed, it works when I create a pdf.css file in the \Xwiki\templates
> folder. So thank you it could be an alternative for what i'm trying to do.
> In fact, i'm using a farm and i would prefer have one customization per
> wiki. So, it will be great if the tutorial method can work !
> Anyone encounters this issue (can't be able to customize creating the
> PDFClass) and find a way to do it ? Besides, it's weird because I saw in
> pdf*.vm files some calls to the XWiki.PDFClass... But i don't really know
> how it works...
>
>
> Wilson Leão Neto wrote:
> >
> > Also, have you tried to edit the header, footer or toc? I'm having
> > problems
> > editing the toc, if you know something, please tell me.
> >
> Actually, I didn't try but I took a look at it and I was able to add some
> little things. I don't think I can help you but... who knows ? What are
> your
> problems ?
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/bad-rtf-exportation-and-customizing-the-pdf-export-look-and-feel-tp5079790p5083950.html
> Sent from the XWiki- Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bad rtf exportation and customizing the pdf export look and feel

Wilson Leão Neto
"Actually, I didn't try but I took a look at it and I was able to add some
little things. I don't think I can help you but... who knows ? What are your
problems ?"

I wanna be able to modify also the TOC. Specifically, I wanna be able to
modify it:

$msg.get('core.pdf.tableOfContents')

Like, inside it...

---
Best Regards,

Wilson

2010/5/21 Wilson Leão Neto <[hidden email]>

> "Besides, it's weird because I saw in
> pdf*.vm files some calls to the XWiki.PDFClass... But i don't really know
> how it works..."
>
> Same here, I saw those calls almost everywhere... Don't know how they work.
> Could you, reader, be gentle enough to exlpain it to us ;)
>
> Wilson
>
> 2010/5/21 Marine Julian <[hidden email]>
>
>
>> Hi Wilson !
>>
>>
>> Wilson Leão Neto wrote:
>> >
>> > Hey! I had the same problem, regarding the PDF export customization, I'm
>> > still not able to do it creating the Class document like they've done in
>> > the
>> > tutorial. I was suggested to add a *pdf.css *file into the
>> > *\Xwiki\templates
>> > * folder. Add the css code into the file and test it. It should work.
>> >
>> Indeed, it works when I create a pdf.css file in the \Xwiki\templates
>> folder. So thank you it could be an alternative for what i'm trying to do.
>> In fact, i'm using a farm and i would prefer have one customization per
>> wiki. So, it will be great if the tutorial method can work !
>> Anyone encounters this issue (can't be able to customize creating the
>> PDFClass) and find a way to do it ? Besides, it's weird because I saw in
>> pdf*.vm files some calls to the XWiki.PDFClass... But i don't really know
>> how it works...
>>
>>
>> Wilson Leão Neto wrote:
>> >
>> > Also, have you tried to edit the header, footer or toc? I'm having
>> > problems
>> > editing the toc, if you know something, please tell me.
>> >
>> Actually, I didn't try but I took a look at it and I was able to add some
>> little things. I don't think I can help you but... who knows ? What are
>> your
>> problems ?
>> --
>> View this message in context:
>> http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/bad-rtf-exportation-and-customizing-the-pdf-export-look-and-feel-tp5079790p5083950.html
>> Sent from the XWiki- Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>> _______________________________________________
>> users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>>
>
>
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bad rtf exportation and customizing the pdf export look and feel

Marine Julian
Wilson Leão Neto wrote
"Actually, I didn't try but I took a look at it and I was able to add some
little things. I don't think I can help you but... who knows ? What are your
problems ?"

I wanna be able to modify also the TOC. Specifically, I wanna be able to
modify it:

$msg.get('core.pdf.tableOfContents')

Like, inside it...
I'm very sorry, I hadn't seen your second post until now (and only by chance)...
So, I hope you find a solution at your situation because I don't know how to help you.

The only thing I can say is that you didn't look at the correct place (to me). In fact, all lines which begin by $msg.get(...) refer to a resource bundle for translations. Thus, $msg.get('core.pdf.tableOfContents') is simply a call to the text "Table of contents".
The code lines which deal with the content of the TOC are in pdfgtmlheader.vm from line 62 to 70 and more specifically the line #set($pdftoc = $pdfdoc.display("toc", "rendered")). I'm not sure of what I advance but I think that the  $pdfdoc.display("toc", "rendered") call allows you to retrieve the content of the TOC. Unfortunately, I can't say more...

Please, if you found a solution, tell me what it is !