blog app issue

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

blog app issue

pinkerp
I have been using the blog app for some time, but recently (ok, not quite sure how long, but not years anyway), I have noticed that it is creating 2 entries for every blog post.  It actually creates 2 pages named the same and if you delete one, both are deleted.

I think this issue may be the language settings - I have English and French enabled - but beyond that I can't track down why it's doing this.  I am not creating a version and then translating it, but at the bottom of some pages in the author/ editor info, it says translated to...

Any insight would be appreciated.

Paul Pinkerton
KnowledgeNow Project Lead
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
Skype: pinkerp.lao<skype:pinkerp.lao>

Association of Community Legal Clinics of Ontario
416-847-1418 or 1-866-965-1416x 5177
www.aclco.org<http://www.aclco.org/>

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: blog app issue

vmassol
Administrator
Hi Paul,

> On 18 Aug 2016, at 23:23, Paul Pinkerton (ACLCO) <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have been using the blog app for some time, but recently (ok, not quite sure how long, but not years anyway), I have noticed that it is creating 2 entries for every blog post.  It actually creates 2 pages named the same and if you delete one, both are deleted.
>
> I think this issue may be the language settings - I have English and French enabled - but beyond that I can't track down why it's doing this.  I am not creating a version and then translating it, but at the bottom of some pages in the author/ editor info, it says translated to...
>
> Any insight would be appreciated.

I’ve tried to reproduce on XWiki 8.2.1 but couldn’t. Here’s what I did:
* Set up multilingual to true
* Set languages to be "en,fr”
* Default language: en
* Then I create a new blog post

I could only find one page created.

Would be great if you could find the steps to reproduce the problem, maybe by trying on a fresh instance and progressively working towards your config.

Thanks
-Vincent


> Paul Pinkerton
> KnowledgeNow Project Lead
> [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
> Skype: pinkerp.lao<skype:pinkerp.lao>
>
> Association of Community Legal Clinics of Ontario
> 416-847-1418 or 1-866-965-1416x 5177
> www.aclco.org<http://www.aclco.org/>
>
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users

_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: blog app issue

Marius Dumitru Florea
On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 12:45 AM, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> > On 18 Aug 2016, at 23:23, Paul Pinkerton (ACLCO) <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > I have been using the blog app for some time, but recently (ok, not
> quite sure how long, but not years anyway), I have noticed that it is
> creating 2 entries for every blog post.  It actually creates 2 pages named
> the same and if you delete one, both are deleted.
> >
> > I think this issue may be the language settings - I have English and
> French enabled - but beyond that I can't track down why it's doing this.  I
> am not creating a version and then translating it, but at the bottom of
> some pages in the author/ editor info, it says translated to...
> >
> > Any insight would be appreciated.
>
> I’ve tried to reproduce on XWiki 8.2.1 but couldn’t. Here’s what I did:
> * Set up multilingual to true
> * Set languages to be "en,fr”
> * Default language: en
> * Then I create a new blog post
>
> I could only find one page created.
>

I cannot reproduce either. I tried both when the context language is the
default language and when not. I get only one page.

Hope this helps,
Marius


>
> Would be great if you could find the steps to reproduce the problem, maybe
> by trying on a fresh instance and progressively working towards your config.
>
> Thanks
> -Vincent
>
>
> > Paul Pinkerton
> > KnowledgeNow Project Lead
> > [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
> > Skype: pinkerp.lao<skype:pinkerp.lao>
> >
> > Association of Community Legal Clinics of Ontario
> > 416-847-1418 or 1-866-965-1416x 5177
> > www.aclco.org<http://www.aclco.org/>
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > users mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>
> _______________________________________________
> users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users
>
_______________________________________________
users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.xwiki.org/mailman/listinfo/users