bulk loading documents

Matthew Conway
Is it possible to bulk load documents without having to load each
document individually?  It seems very wasteful to have to do so many
roundtrips to the db for each document, yet alone for many
documents.  My xwiki schema/hibernate knowledge isn't that good, so
maybe there is no alternative, but I'm just wondering if someone has
thought about it and come up with a way to load multiple xwikidocs
(or even all of a single xwiki doc with its classes/properties/
attachments/etc) in a single query.

Matt

Re: bulk loading documents

Antoine Faucher
Hello,

I am so agree with you..

It's really important for xwiki to quickly find a solution to load multiple xwikidocs in a single query..

how can we do that soon ?

Antoine

On 5/2/06, Matthew Conway <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is it possible to bulk load documents without having to load each
document individually?  It seems very wasteful to have to do so many
roundtrips to the db for each document, yet alone for many
documents.  My xwiki schema/hibernate knowledge isn't that good, so
maybe there is no alternative, but I'm just wondering if someone has
thought about it and come up with a way to load multiple xwikidocs
(or even all of a single xwiki doc with its classes/properties/
attachments/etc) in a single query.

Matt

Re: bulk loading documents

Hi Matthew,

Currently it seems difficult since a document is split into many tables.

We haven't implemented the store using a single hibernate load and
multiple hibernate loads are needed so I don't think that we can use any
bulk hibernate loading (which I'm not sure would give the results you
expect)

I think significant changes to the xwiki store would be needed to
experiment supporting a single load call in hibernate. Also doing so
would probably make it impossible to use the custom mapping feature for
objects.

Ludovic