[contrib] PageRelations - Document refactoring/rename

[contrib] PageRelations - Document refactoring/rename

Stéphane Laurière-6
Hi devs,

With the initial support of Ludo, Vincent and Anca, the contributions from Clément and the suggestions from Alex #thanks, the PageRelations application has been released [1]. It makes it easy to create relations between pages (by using pages somehow as tags, except that in this way, "tags" themselves can be "tagged"), and to expose clusters / facets of relations that are second-level relations highly connected to first-level relations. There is one remaining issue before releasing a completely functional version of this application, that relates to the refactoring of pages. Simple refactoring is supported via a listener listening to DocumentCreatedEvent. In the general case, by checking if the JobStartedEvent has type "refactoring/rename", the listener updates the inverse relations of a renamed page, by looking into the "entityReferences" property of the request associated with the current job [2]. However this kind of trick does seem not work when the renamed page has children that have relations, and it seems that a real DocumentRenamedEvent with an explicit destination / source would be needed. I understand though that a RenameJob exists, but I could not find any DocumentRenamedEvent. Is this something that you think would be needed in this case, or that is already planned on the roadmap? What do you think?

[1] https://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Page Relations Application/
[2] https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/application-page-relations/blob/master/application-page-relations-api/src/main/java/org/xwiki/contrib/pagerelations/internal/PageRelationsRenameEventListener.java#L113

Thanks for your help and regards,

Stéphane

--
Stéphane Laurière
XWiki www.xwiki.com
@slauriere

Re: [contrib] PageRelations - Document refactoring/rename

Hi Stephane

That’s awesome ! One suggestion: you could post this in the news category of the forum. There would be more users seeing it IMO.

Thanks!

> Le 11 août 2018 à 19:35, Stéphane Laurière <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi devs,
>
> With the initial support of Ludo, Vincent and Anca, the contributions from Clément and the suggestions from Alex #thanks, the PageRelations application has been released [1]. It makes it easy to create relations between pages (by using pages somehow as tags, except that in this way, "tags" themselves can be "tagged"), and to expose clusters / facets of relations that are second-level relations highly connected to first-level relations. There is one remaining issue before releasing a completely functional version of this application, that relates to the refactoring of pages. Simple refactoring is supported via a listener listening to DocumentCreatedEvent. In the general case, by checking if the JobStartedEvent has type "refactoring/rename", the listener updates the inverse relations of a renamed page, by looking into the "entityReferences" property of the request associated with the current job [2]. However this kind of trick does seem not work when the renamed page has children that have relations, and it seems that a real DocumentRenamedEvent with an explicit destination / source would be needed. I understand though that a RenameJob exists, but I could not find any DocumentRenamedEvent. Is this something that you think would be needed in this case, or that is already planned on the roadmap? What do you think?
>
> [1] https://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Page Relations Application/
> [2] https://github.com/xwiki-contrib/application-page-relations/blob/master/application-page-relations-api/src/main/java/org/xwiki/contrib/pagerelations/internal/PageRelationsRenameEventListener.java#L113
>
> Thanks for your help and regards,
>
> Stéphane
>

> --
> Stéphane Laurière
> XWiki www.xwiki.com
> @slauriere

Re: [contrib] PageRelations - Document refactoring/rename

Stéphane Laurière-6
Thank you Vincent. I just published the announcement on the forum indeed. The purpose of my mail to devs was also about pointing out the issue I was facing with the rename action :-).

- Announcement: https://forum.xwiki.org/t/new-pagerelations-application-released/3442
- New issue covering the problem described below created at: https://jira.xwiki.org/projects/PAGEREL/issues/PAGEREL-24

Cheers

Stéphane