copy document content

Duke Tantiprasut

Is there a way to create a new document which first pre-populate the content
from another template document.

I dont want to use the class/object as the document is not structured,
however I do want to provide section heading guidelines, etc.

Thanks

Duke

Re: copy document content

Stéphane Laurière
Hi Duke,

Duke Tantiprasut wrote:
> Is there a way to create a new document which first pre-populate the
> content from another template document.

You mean using a document template like this?
http://www.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Doc/HowToCreateADocumentTemplate

or is your need different?

Cheers,

Stéphane

> I dont want to use the class/object as the document is not
> structured, however I do want to provide section heading guidelines,
> etc.
>
> Thanks
>
> Duke

RE: copy document content

Duke Tantiprasut
Yep Thanks. What is the difference between using "inline" and "edit" (see
below)?

Duke

#includeTopic("xwiki:XWiki.XWikiCommonJavascript")
<form action="" id="newdoc">
<input type="hidden" name="parent" value="Doc.HowToCreateADocumentTemplate"
/>
<input type="hidden" name="template" value="XWiki.YourTemplateName" />
<input type="hidden" name="webname" value="Main" size="8" />
Title: <input type="text" name="name" value="Name of your document" />
<input type="button" value="Create this document" onclick='if
(updateName(this.form.name)) {this.form.action="../../inline/" +
this.form.webname.value + "/" + this.form.name.value; this.form.submit();
}'>
</form>

Re: copy document content

Mark Robinson-6
I think "Inline" allows you to preview it with edit forms before saving
If the action was "save" it would happen instantly.

Cheers,

Mark