create new xwiki page in code

Bubulina
hello!

where can i find the code that creates a new xwiki page? i know i can create new pages from xeclipse. but i wanna be able to create the pages from an interface. for instance to have a text field and a button, and when the button is pressed a new page will be created with the name given in the text field.

thank you for your time

Re: create new xwiki page in code

On May 14, 2008, at 1:41 PM, Gabriela Radu wrote:

> hello!
>
> where can i find the code that creates a new xwiki page? i know i
> can create new pages from xeclipse. but i wanna be able to create
> the pages from an interface. for instance to have a text field and a
> button, and when the button is pressed a new page will be created
> with the name given in the text field.
>
> thank you for your time

See http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Snippets/CreatePageSnippet

For HTML forms, see the FAQ or TODO tutorial for example.

On May 14, 2008, at 1:49 PM, Vincent Massol wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On May 14, 2008, at 1:41 PM, Gabriela Radu wrote:
>
>> hello!
>>
>> where can i find the code that creates a new xwiki page? i know i
>> can create new pages from xeclipse. but i wanna be able to create
>> the pages from an interface. for instance to have a text field and a
>> button, and when the button is pressed a new page will be created
>> with the name given in the text field.
>>
>> thank you for your time
>
> See http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Snippets/CreatePageSnippet
>
> For HTML forms, see the FAQ or TODO tutorial for example.

Would be good if you update the http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Snippets/CreatePageSnippet
  page when you find out how to use a form to create a new page for ex.

Another hint: check the Create Panel which does exactly this.

Re: create new xwiki page in code

Bubulina
hello Vincent,
i found your link most usefull , but it's made static. when i tried to give the parameters dinamically(the name of the space, and the text from a textfield) like this...it does not let me :

#set($space = $request.space)
#set($text = $!request.text )
afisare textfield: $text
#set ($mydoc = $xwiki.getDocument("$space.$text"))
        $mydoc.setContent("test")
        $mydoc.save()

i know this question is kind of a long shoot to ask..but i have no ideea why can't it work.

Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
On May 14, 2008, at 1:49 PM, Vincent Massol wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On May 14, 2008, at 1:41 PM, Gabriela Radu wrote:
>
>> hello!
>>
>> where can i find the code that creates a new xwiki page? i know i
>> can create new pages from xeclipse. but i wanna be able to create
>> the pages from an interface. for instance to have a text field and a
>> button, and when the button is pressed a new page will be created
>> with the name given in the text field.
>>
>> thank you for your time
>
> See http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Snippets/CreatePageSnippet
>
> For HTML forms, see the FAQ or TODO tutorial for example.

Would be good if you update the http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Snippets/CreatePageSnippet
  page when you find out how to use a form to create a new page for ex.

Another hint: check the Create Panel which does exactly this.

Re: create new xwiki page in code

Jean-Vincent Drean
Does this script produce an error ? Do you see a new page with a wrong
name in the what's new ?
Btw at first sight I'd try to protect velocity variables :

#set($space = $!request.space)
#set($text = $!request.text )
afisare textfield: $text
#set ($mydoc = $xwiki.getDocument("${space}.${text}"))
$mydoc.setContent("test")
$mydoc.save()

Some tests to avoid empty strings would be good to have too.

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 4:11 PM, Gabriela Radu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hello Vincent,
> i found your link most usefull , but it's made static. when i tried to give the parameters dinamically(the name of the space, and the text from a textfield) like this...it does not let me :
>
> #set($space = $request.space)
> #set($text = $!request.text )
> afisare textfield: $text
> #set ($mydoc = $xwiki.getDocument("$space.$text"))
>        $mydoc.setContent("test")
>        $mydoc.save()
>
> i know this question is kind of a long shoot to ask..but i have no ideea why can't it work.
>
> Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On May 14, 2008, at 1:49 PM, Vincent Massol wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On May 14, 2008, at 1:41 PM, Gabriela Radu wrote:
>>
>>> hello!
>>>
>>> where can i find the code that creates a new xwiki page? i know i
>>> can create new pages from xeclipse. but i wanna be able to create
>>> the pages from an interface. for instance to have a text field and a
>>> button, and when the button is pressed a new page will be created
>>> with the name given in the text field.
>>>
>>> thank you for your time
>>
>> See http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Snippets/CreatePageSnippet
>>
>> For HTML forms, see the FAQ or TODO tutorial for example.
>
> Would be good if you update the http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Snippets/CreatePageSnippet
>  page when you find out how to use a form to create a new page for ex.
>
> Another hint: check the Create Panel which does exactly this.

Jean-Vincent Drean

Re: create new xwiki page in code

Bubulina
Hello,
no..it does not work, because it creates a new space(website)
this is my code from the interface:
<form action = "$xwiki.getDocument("createPage.vm").getURL("view")">
    <tbody>
             #template("createPage.vm")
             Write the name of the new page: <br />
                <input type="text" name="text"  value="$!request.text" />
                <input type="submit" name="addpage" value="add"/>

    </tbody>
</form>

and in createPage.vm i have the code from bellow.

and it creates the space(website) called createPage and the page: vm
this is so confunzing... it should haev only create a page in my current space.

Jean-Vincent Drean <[hidden email]> wrote: Does this script produce an error ? Do you see a new page with a wrong

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 4:11 PM, Gabriela Radu  wrote:

> hello Vincent,
> i found your link most usefull , but it's made static. when i tried to give the parameters dinamically(the name of the space, and the text from a textfield) like this...it does not let me :
>
> #set($space = $request.space)
> #set($text = $!request.text )
> afisare textfield: $text
> #set ($mydoc = $xwiki.getDocument("$space.$text"))
>        $mydoc.setContent("test")
>        $mydoc.save()
>
> i know this question is kind of a long shoot to ask..but i have no ideea why can't it work.
>
> Vincent Massol  wrote:
> On May 14, 2008, at 1:49 PM, Vincent Massol wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On May 14, 2008, at 1:41 PM, Gabriela Radu wrote:
>>
>>> hello!
>>>
>>> where can i find the code that creates a new xwiki page? i know i
>>> can create new pages from xeclipse. but i wanna be able to create
>>> the pages from an interface. for instance to have a text field and a
>>> button, and when the button is pressed a new page will be created
>>> with the name given in the text field.
>>>
>>> thank you for your time
>>
>> See http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Snippets/CreatePageSnippet
>>
>> For HTML forms, see the FAQ or TODO tutorial for example.
>
> Would be good if you update the http://code.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Snippets/CreatePageSnippet
>  page when you find out how to use a form to create a new page for ex.
>
> Another hint: check the Create Panel which does exactly this.

Jean-Vincent Drean

Take care ,
    Gabriela Radu :)
www.gabrielaradu.com

Re: create new xwiki page in code. done

Bubulina
hi. i found my error:
it should be: #set($space = $doc.web) and it takes my current space. in which it creates the new page.

#set($space = $doc.web)
spaceul meu : $space