display childpages

hel-o
Hi,

i'm looking for a possibility to display links to childpages

the child page snipet depends on the doctree plugin (is that available on myxwiki.org?) so is there a nother way?

Thanks
hel.
semantic-web.hel.at
hel@hel.at

Re: display childpages

On May 6, 2010, at 11:16 AM, hel-o wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i'm looking for a possibility to display links to childpages
>
> the child page snipet depends on the doctree plugin (is that available on
> myxwiki.org?) so is there a nother way?

Yes, you can write a child page wiki macro, that's easy to do.

For writing wiki macros see this tutorial:
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/WikiMacroTutorial

Then all that is needed is to do a HQL query that lists all docs which have the current page as their parent.

Note: we should have this as a builtin wiki or java macro and have a panel for it too.

Re: display childpages

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 11:44, Vincent Massol <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On May 6, 2010, at 11:16 AM, hel-o wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> i'm looking for a possibility to display links to childpages
>>
>> the child page snipet depends on the doctree plugin (is that available on
>> myxwiki.org?) so is there a nother way?
>
> Yes, you can write a child page wiki macro, that's easy to do.
>
> For writing wiki macros see this tutorial:
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/DevGuide/WikiMacroTutorial
>
> Then all that is needed is to do a HQL query that lists all docs which have the current page as their parent.

Not even actually, you can use $doc.getChildren() to get list of
document children names.