Quantcast

editing rights for the blog post

Vishal
As I see, currently besides author, anyone can edit a blog post. I want to restrict that editing right to respective author only. Where can I set that?

Re: editing rights for the blog post

Eduard Moraru
Hi, Vishal,

A blog post is stored in a wiki page, just like any other. If you want to
control access rights, use XWiki`s right system and set the rights you need
for your usecase:
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Access+Rights

In your case, you would probably like to control the rights of the Blog
space. (i.e. go to the Blog page and click on Administer page > Users &
Rights > Rights: Page & Children).

Hope this helps,
Eduard

On Sun, Apr 9, 2017 at 8:24 AM, Vishal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As I see, currently besides author, anyone can edit a blog post. I want to
> restrict that editing right to respective author only. Where can I set
> that?

Re: editing rights for the blog post

Vishal
Currently, this is what I do..
For blogger named xyz, create page xyz under /Blog
Then using user edit rights, allow only xyz person to edit the xyz page and its children.

But this is much longer procedure and if I have say, 50 bloggers, I will have to do this whole procedure 50 times.

So, is there anything so that I can universally set edit rights in /Blog to Authers/Page creators only?