error registering new user

emil-3
Whenever i try to register a new user the following message keeps popping up:

"An error occured during the registration process (-1)."

I can't seem to fix this, but i searched the archive and found that someone had the same thing previously, but there was no fix in the thread.

Anyone can shed some light on this?

Re: error registering new user

jeremi joslin
> Whenever i try to register a new user the following message keeps popping up:
>
> "An error occured during the registration process (-1)."
>
> I can't seem to fix this, but i searched the archive and found that someone had the same thing previously, but there was no fix in the thread.
>
> Anyone can shed some light on this?

maybe, someone without the programming right have edited the page. Is
it on the xwiki farm?

Jérémi

--
Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724

jeremi joslin wrote:

>On 3/15/06, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>Whenever i try to register a new user the following message keeps popping up:
>>
>>"An error occured during the registration process (-1)."
>>
>>I can't seem to fix this, but i searched the archive and found that someone had the same thing previously, but there was no fix in the thread.
>>
>>Anyone can shed some light on this?
>>

>maybe, someone without the programming right have edited the page. Is
>it on the xwiki farm?
>
>Jérémi

Hmm, not sure if i accidently hit the save button on that page or not.
But i'm sure i havent changed anything in it anyways. I think it messed
this one up when trying to make the wiki private and so that only the
admin could register new users.

I've tried giving the user admin and programming rights and re-saving
the page and then register but it doesn't work. Still pop up the same error.

Yeah it is on the farm i think :P

Emil

On 3/15/06, Emil Nilimaa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> jeremi joslin wrote:
>
> >On 3/15/06, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> >>Whenever i try to register a new user the following message keeps popping up:
> >>
> >>"An error occured during the registration process (-1)."
> >>
> >>I can't seem to fix this, but i searched the archive and found that someone had the same thing previously, but there was no fix in the thread.
> >>
> >>Anyone can shed some light on this?
> >>

> >maybe, someone without the programming right have edited the page. Is
> >it on the xwiki farm?
> >
> >Jérémi
> >

> Hmm, not sure if i accidently hit the save button on that page or not.
> But i'm sure i havent changed anything in it anyways. I think it messed
> this one up when trying to make the wiki private and so that only the
> admin could register new users.
>
> I've tried giving the user admin and programming rights and re-saving
> the page and then register but it doesn't work. Still pop up the same error.
you can't give the programming right, because you don't have it on
xwiki.com. Only the xwiki admins can do it.

> Yeah it is on the farm i think :P
Ok, give me the link, i will take a look.

Jérémi

--
Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724
Project Manager XWiki: http://www.xwiki.org
skype: jeremi23 -- msn et gtalk : [hidden email]

Re: error registering new user

jeremi joslin
ok,
i have take a look to your wiki.
I resaved the page. so it's working now i think.

Jérémi
On 3/15/06, jeremi joslin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 3/15/06, Emil Nilimaa <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > jeremi joslin wrote:

> > >maybe, someone without the programming right have edited the page. Is
> > >it on the xwiki farm?
> > >
> > >Jérémi
> > >

> > Hmm, not sure if i accidently hit the save button on that page or not.
> > But i'm sure i havent changed anything in it anyways. I think it messed
> > this one up when trying to make the wiki private and so that only the
> > admin could register new users.
> >
> > I've tried giving the user admin and programming rights and re-saving
> > the page and then register but it doesn't work. Still pop up the same error.
> you can't give the programming right, because you don't have it on
> xwiki.com. Only the xwiki admins can do it.
>

> > Yeah it is on the farm i think :P
> Ok, give me the link, i will take a look.
>
> Jérémi
>

> --
> Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
> LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724
> Project Manager XWiki: http://www.xwiki.org
> skype: jeremi23 -- msn et gtalk : [hidden email]

--
Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724
Project Manager XWiki: http://www.xwiki.org
skype: jeremi23 -- msn et gtalk : [hidden email]

Re: error registering new user

emil-3
Thanks a bunch!

By the way, in the xwiki farm how much space do you have on your wiki?
And what is the limitations on the file attachements?

Best wishes,
Emil

jeremi joslin wrote:

>ok,
>i have take a look to your wiki.
>I resaved the page. so it's working now i think.
>

>Jérémi
>On 3/15/06, jeremi joslin <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>>Hmm, not sure if i accidently hit the save button on that page or not.
>>>But i'm sure i havent changed anything in it anyways. I think it messed
>>>this one up when trying to make the wiki private and so that only the
>>>admin could register new users.
>>>
>>>I've tried giving the user admin and programming rights and re-saving
>>>the page and then register but it doesn't work. Still pop up the same error.
>>>

>>you can't give the programming right, because you don't have it on
>>xwiki.com. Only the xwiki admins can do it.
>>

>>>Yeah it is on the farm i think :P
>>>

>>Ok, give me the link, i will take a look.
>>
>>Jérémi
>>

>>--
>>Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
>>LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724
>>Project Manager XWiki: http://www.xwiki.org
>>skype: jeremi23 -- msn et gtalk : [hidden email]
>>

>--
>Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
>LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724
>Project Manager XWiki: http://www.xwiki.org
>skype: jeremi23 -- msn et gtalk : [hidden email]

Re: error registering new user

jeremi joslin
On 3/15/06, Emil Nilimaa <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks a bunch!
>
> By the way, in the xwiki farm how much space do you have on your wiki?
> And what is the limitations on the file attachements?

we didn't speak in space, but in wikis, because every one can have his
free wiki. We have more than 6300 wikis + clients wikis in others
computers.

If I remember well, the limit is near 20Mo.

http://www.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Company/HostingOffering

Jérémi
--
Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724
Project Manager XWiki: http://www.xwiki.org
skype: jeremi23 -- msn et gtalk : [hidden email]

Re: error registering new user

Brian D. Switzer-2
On Wednesday 15 March 2006 08:45, jeremi joslin wrote:
> ok,
> i have take a look to your wiki.
> I resaved the page. so it's working now i think.

Yeah, I'm still having that problem, but with changing jobs and whatnot, it
sort of got shelved.  I need to attend to that.  Currently it's the only
thing holding me back from going live with my site.  So, what was the problem
here?  Maybe I'm having the same problem.

--
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable
 from magic." -- Arthur C. Clarke

RE: error registering new user

Domenic Denicola
I joined this list yesterday to find the answer to this problem, which I am
having in my XWiki too. Please, someone help us all!

On 3/16/06, Brian D. Switzer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wednesday 15 March 2006 08:45, jeremi joslin wrote:
> > ok,
> > i have take a look to your wiki.
> > I resaved the page. so it's working now i think.

> Yeah, I'm still having that problem, but with changing jobs and whatnot, it
> sort of got shelved.  I need to attend to that.  Currently it's the only
> thing holding me back from going live with my site.  So, what was the problem
> here?  Maybe I'm having the same problem.
can you send me your wiki url?

It's not working because you don't have the right to create users. If
you edit the page which create users, it's stop working. An admin (of
the farm) have to edit the page again.

Jérémi

On 3/16/06, Domenic Denicola <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I joined this list yesterday to find the answer to this problem, which I am
> having in my XWiki too. Please, someone help us all!
Hi,
can you send me your wiki url?

Jérémi