ghost document

rrodrigueznt
Hi,

This doubt comes from a previous thread, document name including /. But
as far as the behavior now is a bit different, I don't know why, please,
allow me to start a new issue.

The point is that I'd created a document with / in its name. Namely
PCI/A/9641/07. It is quite frequent to find such a names from project
codes and stuff.

Looking for PCI in Search, shows this document, but any action (Delete,
Rename, Rights or Copy) shows an empty page. Looking for any word in the
document doesn't return it as a result.

Table xwikidoc contents the following document:

XWD_FULLNAME:Wetlands.PCI
XWD_NAME: PCI/A/9641/07

http://our.server.name/xwiki/bin/view/Wetlands/PCI says that the
requested document could not be found.

Must I simply remove this entry or could this action compromise the
integrity of the database?

Thanks for your help,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez
Your EPEC Network ICT Team

Re: ghost document

Esbach, Brandon
Slash in the actual name is not such a good idea - xwiki assumes you're trying to create a new space, and acts accordingly.
For me, the updateName() script catches both / and \ though, among other "problem" characters (or is that something I've changed on mine)?

Esbach, Brandon wrote:
> Slash in the actual name is not such a good idea - xwiki assumes you're trying to create a new space, and acts accordingly.
> For me, the updateName() script catches both / and \ though, among other "problem" characters (or is that something I've changed on mine)?

I completely agree about the use of slash in the actual name of a
document! But it nos always possible to avoid that even though I repeat
it every time I've the opportunity to our users.

As I understand, updateName() script can be used at creation time to
"clean" document names. Is it used by default by the Create panel? It
this is true, it didn't work fine here (I'm currently using 1.3M1).

Could it be used to change the name of an already create document?

In this case, PCI/A/9641/07 was used as the name for a new document in
space Wetlands. PCI space wasn't created, but a PCI document in Wetlands
space. See here...

http://mire.environmentalchange.net/~webmaster/images/WetlandsBadNameDoc.png

These are the records in xwikidoc...

http://mire.environmentalchange.net/~webmaster/images/WetlandsBadNameDocRecords.png

Could I delete the record XWD_ID = 1457683305 solve this issue?

I'm suffering some communication problems from my current location, so
I've not searched xwiki.org site for updateName() script. So, please,
accept my apologies if I am asking anything with an obvious answer.

Thanks!

--
Ricardo Rodríguez
Your EPEC Network ICT Team

Re: ghost document

rrodrigueznt
Sorry for insisting on this topic, but I have at least an annoying "aesthetic" problem that is causing me some problems here. You will see in the following link two documents starting with PCI. The second one, PCI/... points to "nothing".

http://mire.environmentalchange.net/~webmaster/images/GhostPci.png

May I simply delete this document from the database without affecting its integrity?

Thank you so much for your help,

Ricardo

Re: ghost document

rrodrigueznt
[Ricardo Rodriguez] wrote:

> Sorry for insisting on this topic, but I have at least an annoying
> "aesthetic" problem that is causing me some problems here. You will see in
> the following link two documents starting with PCI. The second one, PCI/...
> points to "nothing".
>
> http://mire.environmentalchange.net/~webmaster/images/GhostPci.png
>
> May I simply delete this document from the database without affecting its
> integrity?
>
> Thank you so much for your help,
>
> Ricardo

Done! See