how to let my new panel displayed on the right of the page?

how to let my new panel displayed on the right of the page?

Guofeng Zhang
Hi,

I create a new panel. Now I want it to be displayed on the right of pages.

I used the Panel wizard and drag and drop it to the right. I find that I only displayed on the panel page(http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/view/Panels/). If I go to the home page of my wiki(http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/view/Main/), my panel is not displayed. The right part of the home page not changed.

How can I do?

I use XWiki 5.0.1.

Thanks for your help.

Guofeng

Re: how to let my new panel displayed on the right of the page?

Silvia Rusu
Hi!

There is a high probability you only added the panel for the "Panels" space
and not the whole wiki. You need to make sure you go to the Wiki
Administration and add it from there:
* Hover the wiki menu and click on "Administer Wiki"
* Click "Look & Feel"
* Click "Panel Wizard"
* Drag and drop the panel
* Click "Save the new layout"
* Go to the wiki homepage and check if the panel appears.

You can also check that the page layout is set to "Right column":
* Hover the wiki menu and click on "Administer Wiki"
* Click "Look & Feel"
* Click "Panel Wizard"
* Click on the "Page Layout" tab and check that "Right column" is selected.

Please let us know if this works.

Silvia

On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Guofeng Zhang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I create a new panel. Now I want it to be displayed on the right of pages.
>
> I used the Panel wizard and drag and drop it to the right. I find that I
> only displayed on the panel page(
> http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/view/Panels/). If I go to the home page
> of my wiki(http://localhost:8080/xwiki/bin/view/Main/), my panel is not
> displayed. The right part of the home page not changed.
>
> How can I do?
>
> I use XWiki 5.0.1.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Guofeng

Silvia Rusu
Tester & Documentation Writer - XWiki
http://twitter.com/silviarusu

Re: how to let my new panel displayed on the right of the page?

Guofeng Zhang
Done! It works.