how to modify <description> for feed entries?

how to modify <description> for feed entries?

rrodriguezIDIS
Sorry for coming back with a new question on this. I think I'm getting closer to understand how RSS feeds work in XWiki, but I do need the help of the community.

I'm now usinga XE 4.3 installation. I'm able to customize <channel> elements easily by editing, for instance, Main.WebRss, but, please, how to customize <item> elements? For instance, how to customize <description> element?

Thank you so much for your help!

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez
Research Management and Promotion Technician

Nota: A información contida nesta mensaxe e os seus posibles documentos adxuntos é privada e confidencial e está dirixida únicamente ó seu destinatario/a. Se vostede non é o/a destinatario/a orixinal desta mensaxe, por favor elimínea. A distribución ou copia desta mensaxe non está autorizada.

Nota: La información contenida en este mensaje y sus posibles documentos adjuntos es privada y confidencial y está dirigida únicamente a su destinatario/a. Si usted no es el/la destinatario/a original de este mensaje, por favor elimínelo. La distribución o copia de este mensaje no está autorizada.

See more languages: http://www.sergas.es/aviso_confidencialidad.htm
Ricardo Rodríguez
Research Management and Promotion Technician
Technical Secretariat
Health Research Institute of Santiago de Compostela (IDIS)
http://www.idisantiago.es

Error when updating my >iki on xwiki.org

xrichard
Hello,

I've seen the message in my Wiki admin page on xwiki.org : "*March 29, 2013:
XWiki has been upgraded to version 4.5.3-SNAPSHOT"*

I've tried to perform the updgrade with extension manager but I receive the
following error :

Dependency [org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform-rendering-macro-velocity-4.5.3] is
not compatible with core extension
[org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform-rendering-macro-velocity-4.5.3-SNAPSHOT]
class org.xwiki.extension.InstallException: Failed to resolve extension

Re: Error when updating my >iki on xwiki.org

Marius Dumitru Florea
Can you try to upgrade to version 4.5.3-SNAPSHOT (the last
4.5.3-SNAPSHOT is practically the same as the 4.5.3 final)? Use the
advanced extension search.

Hope this helps,
Marius

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 7:45 PM, Ldm Public <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've seen the message in my Wiki admin page on xwiki.org : "*March 29, 2013:
> XWiki has been upgraded to version 4.5.3-SNAPSHOT"*
>
> I've tried to perform the updgrade with extension manager but I receive the
> following error :
>
> Dependency
> [org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform-rendering-macro-velocity-4.5.3] is not
> compatible with core extension
> [org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform-rendering-macro-velocity-4.5.3-SNAPSHOT]
> class org.xwiki.extension.InstallException: Failed to resolve extension
>
> Regards,

Re: Error when updating my wiki on myxwiki.org

xrichard
Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

That's excatly what I have done: upgrade to 4.5.3-SNAPSHOT (like displayed in
the top admin message in my wiki on myxwiki.org) with extension manager. I've
used the advanced search with "org.xwiki.enterprise:xwiki-enterprise-ui" for
Extension ID and "4.5.3-SNAPSHOT" for Version.

I tried again today and after a lot of conflicts resolutions (I'm really
surprise to see so many changes) => the upgrade is OK !

regards,

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 12:32 AM, Ldm Public <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> That's excatly what I have done: upgrade to 4.5.3-SNAPSHOT (like displayed
> in the top admin message in my wiki on myxwiki.org) with extension manager.
> I've used the advanced search with
> "org.xwiki.enterprise:xwiki-enterprise-ui" for Extension ID and
> "4.5.3-SNAPSHOT" for Version.
>

> I tried again today and after a lot of conflicts resolutions (I'm really
> surprise to see so many changes) => the upgrade is OK !

Is it the first time you upgrade your wiki using the Extension
Manager? Actually, what button did you get: Install or Upgrade? If
it's the first time (Install button) then you got so many conflicts
because the Extension Manager couldn't perform automatic 3-way merges
since you didn't have a previous version of XWiki Enterprise UI
installed (the wiki pages were there but the extension index didn't
include the XWiki Enterprise UI extension). Next time you perform the
upgrade (Upgrade button) you shouldn't get any merge conflicts, or
very few. For instance, when I upgraded xwiki.org main wiki from
version 4.3 to 4.5.2 I didn't get any (i.e. all conflicts were
resolved automatically).

Hope this helps,
Marius

> regards,
>
> Le 01/04/2013 14:40, Marius Dumitru Florea a écrit :
>>
>> Can you try to upgrade to version 4.5.3-SNAPSHOT (the last
>> 4.5.3-SNAPSHOT is practically the same as the 4.5.3 final)? Use the
>> advanced extension search.
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>> Marius
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 7:45 PM, Ldm Public <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've seen the message in my Wiki admin page on xwiki.org : "*March 29,
>>> 2013:
>>> XWiki has been upgraded to version 4.5.3-SNAPSHOT"*
>>>
>>> I've tried to perform the updgrade with extension manager but I receive
>>> the
>>> following error :
>>>
>>> Dependency
>>> [org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform-rendering-macro-velocity-4.5.3] is not
>>> compatible with core extension
>>>
>>> [org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform-rendering-macro-velocity-4.5.3-SNAPSHOT]
>>> class org.xwiki.extension.InstallException: Failed to resolve extension
>>>
>>> Regards,

Re: Error when updating my wiki on myxwiki.org

xrichard
You're right, I've got the "Install" button because it was my first upgrade on
myxwiki.org.

I have discovered the Extension Manager some days ago: it's great!

regards and thanks for your help,

Note: I will have to redo some of my seetings because I accept most of the
"coming" updates ;-(

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 2:32 PM, Ldm Public <[hidden email]> wrote:
> You're right, I've got the "Install" button because it was my first upgrade
> on myxwiki.org.
>
> I have discovered the Extension Manager some days ago: it's great!
>
> regards and thanks for your help,
>
> Note: I will have to redo some of my seetings because I accept most of the
> "coming" updates ;-(

Note that Extension Manager always add new version so you can always
revert any document.

> Le 02/04/2013 07:56, Marius Dumitru Florea a écrit :
>
>> On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 12:32 AM, Ldm Public <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your answer.
>>>
>>> That's excatly what I have done: upgrade to 4.5.3-SNAPSHOT (like
>>> displayed
>>> in the top admin message in my wiki on myxwiki.org) with extension
>>> manager.
>>> I've used the advanced search with
>>> "org.xwiki.enterprise:xwiki-enterprise-ui" for Extension ID and
>>> "4.5.3-SNAPSHOT" for Version.
>>>
>>> I tried again today and after a lot of conflicts resolutions (I'm really
>>> surprise to see so many changes) => the upgrade is OK !
>>
>> Is it the first time you upgrade your wiki using the Extension
>> Manager? Actually, what button did you get: Install or Upgrade? If
>> it's the first time (Install button) then you got so many conflicts
>> because the Extension Manager couldn't perform automatic 3-way merges
>> since you didn't have a previous version of XWiki Enterprise UI
>> installed (the wiki pages were there but the extension index didn't
>> include the XWiki Enterprise UI extension). Next time you perform the
>> upgrade (Upgrade button) you shouldn't get any merge conflicts, or
>> very few. For instance, when I upgraded xwiki.org main wiki from
>> version 4.3 to 4.5.2 I didn't get any (i.e. all conflicts were
>> resolved automatically).
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>> Marius
>>

>>> regards,

Re: how to modify <description> for feed entries?

Hi Ricardo,

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 6:48 PM,
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sorry for coming back with a new question on this. I think I'm getting closer to understand how RSS feeds work in XWiki, but I do need the help of the community.
>
> I'm now usinga XE 4.3 installation. I'm able to customize <channel> elements easily by editing, for instance, Main.WebRss, but, please, how to customize <item> elements? For instance, how to customize <description> element?

You could try to use [1] $xwiki.feed.getSyndEntryDocumentSource($map)
or [2] $xwiki.feed.getSyndEntrySource('Space.YouClass', $map) to
specify how the document/class is mapped to a feed item. Then you have
to pass the returned object to one of the available [3]
$xwiki.feed.getFeed(...) methods.

[1] http://maven.xwiki.org/site/docs/xwiki-javadoc-4.5.x/com/xpn/xwiki/plugin/feed/FeedPluginApi.html#getSyndEntryDocumentSource(java.util.Map)
[2] http://maven.xwiki.org/site/docs/xwiki-javadoc-4.5.x/com/xpn/xwiki/plugin/feed/FeedPluginApi.html#getSyndEntrySource(java.lang.String,%20java.util.Map)
[3] http://maven.xwiki.org/site/docs/xwiki-javadoc-4.5.x/com/xpn/xwiki/plugin/feed/FeedPluginApi.html

There was an old JIRA issue which described in details this API but I
can't find it now..

Hope this helps,
Marius

> Thank you so much for your help!
>
> Ricardo
>
> --
> Ricardo Rodríguez
> Research Management and Promotion Technician
> Technical Secretariat
> Health Research Institute of Santiago de Compostela (IDIS)
> http://www.idisantiago.es
>
> Nota: A información contida nesta mensaxe e os seus posibles documentos adxuntos é privada e confidencial e está dirixida únicamente ó seu destinatario/a. Se vostede non é o/a destinatario/a orixinal desta mensaxe, por favor elimínea. A distribución ou copia desta mensaxe non está autorizada.
>
> Nota: La información contenida en este mensaje y sus posibles documentos adjuntos es privada y confidencial y está dirigida únicamente a su destinatario/a. Si usted no es el/la destinatario/a original de este mensaje, por favor elimínelo. La distribución o copia de este mensaje no está autorizada.
>
> See more languages: http://www.sergas.es/aviso_confidencialidad.htm

Re: how to modify <description> for feed entries?

rrodriguezIDIS
Hi!

Marius, I'm not able to find such a JIRA issue neither, but I found these entries in the xwiki.devs list...

http://xwiki.markmail.org/search/getSyndEntrySource+list:org.xwiki.devs

Could this be the stuff you are speaking about? I'll follow this threads!

Any comment will be welcome! Thanks!

http://www.idisantiago.es

Re: how to modify <description> for feed entries?

Marius Dumitru Florea
I found the issue http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XWIKI-2149 . Read the comments.

Hope this helps,
Marius