mrudulam

Hi All,

I am consistently facing this problem while attaching files greater than 1 MB.

I am using Tomcat and MySQL along with two instances of Xwiki – 1.0 and 1.1 Milestone.

I have set the max_allowed_packet size to 10MB.

Does any one else face this problem? How can I fix it?

Regards,

Mrudula

www.wipro.com

How to make a new blog

ladylizz
Hi,
This might be a stupid question but I hope someone will be patient enough to answer it;
How do I make a new blog? I don't want another entry, I want another blog. My company wants to give each developement project their own blog on the company xwiki.

I've scanned the mailinglist archíves and the xwiki.org site for help, but haven't found anything useful.

I would greatly appreciate your help on this

//Karin

Re: How to make a new blog

On Jul 6, 2007, at 11:22 AM, Karin Wiklund wrote:

Hi,
This might be a stupid question but I hope someone will be patient enough to answer it;
How do I make a new blog? I don't want another entry, I want another blog. My company wants to give each developement project their own blog on the company xwiki.

I've scanned the mailinglist archíves and the xwiki.org site for help, but haven't found anything useful.

I would greatly appreciate your help on this

A blog is made of the following:
- An Article class and associated classsheets/templates
- XWiki documents to which an Article object is added to
- A Main XWiki Document listing blog entries (Blog.WebHome)

Right now the classsheet and Blog.WebHome pages use the Blog.Macros document to display blog entries. That macro looks for all documents in the xwiki which have an Article object attached.

If you want several blogs you'll need to add a variable to tell the Blog.Macros macro to only look in a portion of the wiki. For example you could decide to pass a Space so that only blog entries in that space are displayed.

Try editing the Blog.WebHome page and the Blog.Macros macro and you'll understand.

Warning: you'll need some understanding of XWiki objects/classes/templates. See the dev guide for more on this.

SV: How to make a new blog

ladylizz
I'd love to, but I don't have the rights to create issues on jira.xwiki.org :)
And thank you for answering. If I figure out something useful I'll let you know.

//Karin

Re: SV: How to make a new blog

On Jul 6, 2007, at 1:02 PM, Karin Wiklund wrote:

I'd love to, but I don't have the rights to create issues on jira.xwiki.org :)

You do have the rights. You need to create a user that's all :)

And thank you for answering. If I figure out something useful I'll let you know.

//Karin

SV: SV: How to make a new blog

ladylizz
Ah! :) I just had to log in again to make it work...

//Karin

Re: SV: How to make a new blog

ebullient
I've done this with our installation for team-level news. Just adjust
the "Add news" form to include a space/web as input (or copy the "Add
news" to the space you want, and fill in the space/web value), and as
Vincent said, filter display of news from within those spaces.. that
is, make a "NewSpace.News" or "NewSpace.Blog" page that lists only
those entries belonging to the space, and you're done.

On 7/6/07, Karin Wiklund <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ah! :) I just had to log in again to make it work...
> http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XE-73
>
> //Karin

'Waste of a good apple' -Samwise Gamgee

SV: SV: How to make a new blog

ladylizz
Thank you so much, both Erin and Vincent.
I have managed to get different spaces to display blog post of only their own space, however I can't make blog entries in any other spaces than the original blog space. (lucky me there are entries in Main so I can know the filtering works...)
Could someone please be a little more detailed about the how, where and what should be changed? Any code snippets to be had?
It would be great!

Thanks,
//Karin

I've done this with our installation for team-level news. Just adjust
the "Add news" form to include a space/web as input (or copy the "Add
news" to the space you want, and fill in the space/web value), and as
Vincent said, filter display of news from within those spaces.. that
is, make a "NewSpace.News" or "NewSpace.Blog" page that lists only
those entries belonging to the space, and you're done.

On 7/6/07, Karin Wiklund <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ah! :) I just had to log in again to make it work...
> http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XE-73
>
> //Karin

RE: SV: How to make a new blog

Esbach, Brandon
Not sure if you're using the Panels app for your wiki, but if you are it's quite easy.  Here's a snippet from my own "Add Topic" panel:
##====
#set($sDocWeb=$doc.web)
##Only show the panel if it is logged in.
#if(false == $xwiki.getUserName($context.user, false).equals("XWikiGuest"))
        #panelheader('Add Topic')
                #if("Meetings" == $sDocWeb)
                        #set($g_sParentForTopics="Meetings.WebHome")
                        #set($g_sTemplateForTopics="Meetings.ArticleClassTemplate")
                        #set($g_sWebNameForTopics="Meetings")
                #elseif("Sales" == $sDocWeb)
                        #set($g_sParentForTopics="Sales.WebHome")
                        #set($g_sTemplateForTopics="Sales.ArticleClassTemplate")
                        #set($g_sWebNameForTopics="Sales")
                #else
                        #set($g_sParentForTopics="Main.WebHome")
                        #set($g_sTemplateForTopics="XWiki.ArticleClassTemplate")
                        #set($g_sWebNameForTopics="Main")
                #end
    #includeTopic("XWiki.XWikiCommonJavascript")
            <form action="" id="newdoc">
                            <input type="hidden" name="parent" value="${g_sParentForTopics}" />
                            <input type="hidden" name="template" value="${g_sTemplateForTopics}" />
                            <input type="hidden" name="sheet" value="1" />
                            <input type="hidden" name="webname" value="${g_sWebNameForTopics}"/>
                            <input type="hidden" name="name" value=""/>
                            <input type="text" name="title" value="Title" class="panelinput" style="width:100px" onfocus="if(this.value=='Title') this.value=''" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Title'"/>
                            <input type="button" class="button" value="$msg.get("create")" onclick='if (updateName(this.form.title,this.form.name)) { action="../../inline/" + this.form.webname.value + "/" + this.form.name.value; this.form.submit(); }' />
            </form>
        #panelfooter()
#end" panel:
##====

I've done this with our installation for team-level news. Just adjust the "Add news" form to include a space/web as input (or copy the "Add news" to the space you want, and fill in the space/web value), and as Vincent said, filter display of news from within those spaces.. that is, make a "NewSpace.News" or "NewSpace.Blog" page that lists only those entries belonging to the space, and you're done.

On 7/6/07, Karin Wiklund <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ah! :) I just had to log in again to make it work...
> http://jira.xwiki.org/jira/browse/XE-73
>
> //Karin

web Home and Horizontal rule

Campbell, Timothy D
Hi,

Is there a way that I can hide the Main:Webhome and also change how the horizontal rules are on the main page?

Thanks,

Tim

winmail.dat (3K) Download Attachment

Backlinks in administration/editing mode

ladylizz

First; thanks to everyone who helped me make more blogs in my xwiki, it works beautifully! (though it's not the most beautiful code ever written...)

Second;
As far as I can tell there are no links from anywhere in the administration or editing modes to get back to the rest of the wiki. (there are save and cancel options, but that's not the same thing as 'Back') Have I missed something? If not; any hints on how and where to add such links?
For usability purposes- to make life easier for the future admins of the xwiki I'm setting up...

Thanks,
Karin

Re: Backlinks in administration/editing mode

Hi Karin,

On Jul 16, 2007, at 5:08 PM, Karin Wiklund wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First; thanks to everyone who helped me make more blogs in my
> xwiki, it works beautifully! (though it's not the most beautiful
> code ever written...)
>
> Second;
> As far as I can tell there are no links from anywhere in the
> administration or editing modes to get back to the rest of the
> wiki. (there are save and cancel options, but that's not the same
> thing as 'Back') Have I missed something? If not; any hints on how
> and where to add such links?
> For usability purposes- to make life easier for the future admins
> of the xwiki I'm setting up...
* Then I guess you have the same issue when editing pages since the
navigation on the right disappears? How do you want to solve that?
* I've noticed that on the Admin page there's a big blank space on
the right. We shouldn't have that. Either we should put the normal
navigation there or use the full space for the admin screens. I think
we should use the full space.

Back to your question, you can click on the Space in the breadcrumbs
or on the logo to go to the home page or cancel/save. What more would
you like and where?