markdown in xwiki8.4

Stefan Helmerichs
The problem is, I am not even getting an error message when trying to
install. I simply cannot select to install on the extension manager.
See here:
http://imgur.com/a/FZtCr

I am using the war I got here:
http://download.forge.ow2.org/xwiki/xwiki-enterprise-web-8.4.2.war

And I am at a loss to explain why this won't do at all. Especially since
installing pegdown manually did not seem to help, since pegdown has a
dependency on parboiled and that seems to have been ignored, or maybe I
did something wrong there.

Sorry for the missend, I am not used to working with mailing lists and
am not getting single replys back

Re: markdown in xwiki8.4

This extension requires to be installed from main wiki.

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 10:23 AM, Stefan Helmerichs
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> The problem is, I am not even getting an error message when trying to
> install. I simply cannot select to install on the extension manager.
> See here:
> http://imgur.com/a/FZtCr
>
> I am using the war I got here:
> http://download.forge.ow2.org/xwiki/xwiki-enterprise-web-8.4.2.war
>
> And I am at a loss to explain why this won't do at all. Especially since
> installing pegdown manually did not seem to help, since pegdown has a
> dependency on parboiled and that seems to have been ignored, or maybe I
> did something wrong there.
>
> Sorry for the missend, I am not used to working with mailing lists and
> am not getting single replys back

How to do merge copy for upgrading xwiki

hamiazuhk26
HI, there
I am installing xwiki 8.3 version and i am using this version to import
page, create page, forum and many more. I am thinking on how to save all my
data , afraid if something happen the data will be lost. Just found this
link but it does not really help me.

upgrade

I have read some notes, and tells me to backup several files/folder but need
to do MERGE COPY INSTEAD OF PURE COPY. What is mean by merge copy? I don't
understand and don't have idea how to backup it and insert into newer
version.

sorry for missedn. i didint get any reply too..

Re: markdown in xwiki8.4

> On 14 Dec 2016, at 10:29, Thomas Mortagne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> This extension requires to be installed from main wiki.

Indeed, this is the line in the doc:

"Also note that when installed with the Extension Manager, the extension needs to be installed "on Farm”.”

Maybe it should be more visible? ;)

Actually the EM should probably be more explicit about it and provide more explanation.