[myxwiki] XWiki Enterprise 9.1.1 Upgrade

12

[myxwiki] XWiki Enterprise 9.1.1 Upgrade

Hi everyone,

myxwiki.org has been upgraded to XE 9.1.1. If you own a wiki hosted
there you should have a look at the release notes for this version at:
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ReleaseNotes/

You should automatically get an upgrade wizard for your wiki when you
login as admin.
For more details see the upgrade guide available at :
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Upgrade#HUpgradingwikidocuments

To be notified of the myxwiki.org server upgrade you can follow
myxwiki on twitter:
http://twitter.com/myxwiki

Thanks,
-XWiki Community

Re: [myxwiki] XWiki Enterprise 9.1.1 Upgrade

xrichard
Hi,

Error on 2d updgrading screen:
Access denied when checking [programming] access to [Main Wiki] for user
[xwiki:XWiki.[USER]

I have reported the upgrade.

Bet regards,

> Hi everyone,
>
> myxwiki.org has been upgraded to XE 9.1.1. If you own a wiki hosted
> there you should have a look at the release notes for this version at:
> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ReleaseNotes/
>
> You should automatically get an upgrade wizard for your wiki when you
> login as admin.
> For more details see the upgrade guide available at :
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Upgrade#
> HUpgradingwikidocuments
>
> To be notified of the myxwiki.org server upgrade you can follow
> myxwiki on twitter:
> http://twitter.com/myxwiki
>
> Thanks,
> -XWiki Community

Re: [myxwiki] XWiki Enterprise 9.1.1 Upgrade

xrichard
Hi again,

I got excatly the same error ("Access denied when checking [programming]
access to [Main Wiki] for user [xwiki:XWiki.[user]") when trying to remove
an installed extension.

Best regards,

> Error on 2d updgrading screen:
> Access denied when checking [programming] access to [Main Wiki] for user
> [xwiki:XWiki.[USER]
>
> I have reported the upgrade.
>
> Bet regards,

>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> myxwiki.org has been upgraded to XE 9.1.1. If you own a wiki hosted
>> there you should have a look at the release notes for this version at:
>> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ReleaseNotes/
>>
>> You should automatically get an upgrade wizard for your wiki when you
>> login as admin.
>> For more details see the upgrade guide available at :
>> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Upgrade#
>> HUpgradingwikidocuments
>>
>> To be notified of the myxwiki.org server upgrade you can follow
>> myxwiki on twitter:
>> http://twitter.com/myxwiki
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -XWiki Community

Re: [myxwiki] XWiki Enterprise 9.1.1 Upgrade

Which extension was it trying to upgrade/install when you got this error ?

Sounds like it's trying to install a JAR extension which is not
already installed during main wiki upgrade.

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 1:11 PM, Ldm Public <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Error on 2d updgrading screen:
> Access denied when checking [programming] access to [Main Wiki] for user
> [xwiki:XWiki.[USER]
>
> I have reported the upgrade.
>
> Bet regards,

>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> myxwiki.org has been upgraded to XE 9.1.1. If you own a wiki hosted
>> there you should have a look at the release notes for this version at:
>> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ReleaseNotes/
>>
>> You should automatically get an upgrade wizard for your wiki when you
>> login as admin.
>> For more details see the upgrade guide available at :
>> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Upgrade#
>> HUpgradingwikidocuments
>>
>> To be notified of the myxwiki.org server upgrade you can follow
>> myxwiki on twitter:
>> http://twitter.com/myxwiki
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -XWiki Community

Re: [myxwiki] XWiki Enterprise 9.1.1 Upgrade

xrichard
Hi

The error occurs (at least) on CKEditor Integration.

> Which extension was it trying to upgrade/install when you got this error ?
>
> Sounds like it's trying to install a JAR extension which is not
> already installed during main wiki upgrade.
>
> On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 1:11 PM, Ldm Public <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Error on 2d updgrading screen:
> > Access denied when checking [programming] access to [Main Wiki] for user
> > [xwiki:XWiki.[USER]
> >
> > I have reported the upgrade.
> >
> > Bet regards,

> >> Hi everyone,
> >>
> >> myxwiki.org has been upgraded to XE 9.1.1. If you own a wiki hosted
> >> there you should have a look at the release notes for this version at:
> >> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ReleaseNotes/
> >>
> >> You should automatically get an upgrade wizard for your wiki when you
> >> login as admin.
> >> For more details see the upgrade guide available at :
> >> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Upgrade#
> >> HUpgradingwikidocuments
> >>
> >> To be notified of the myxwiki.org server upgrade you can follow
> >> myxwiki on twitter:
> >> http://twitter.com/myxwiki
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> -XWiki Community

Re: [myxwiki] XWiki Enterprise 9.1.1 Upgrade

That's weird, from what I can see all CKEditor Integration JAR
dependencies are installed on main wiki. Did you tried to upgrade it
alone (not as part of the XWiki Enterprise upgrade) ?

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 3:25 PM, Ldm Public <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> The error occurs (at least) on CKEditor Integration.
>

> Regards,

>> Which extension was it trying to upgrade/install when you got this error ?
>>
>> Sounds like it's trying to install a JAR extension which is not
>> already installed during main wiki upgrade.
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 1:11 PM, Ldm Public <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Error on 2d updgrading screen:
>> > Access denied when checking [programming] access to [Main Wiki] for user
>> > [xwiki:XWiki.[USER]
>> >
>> > I have reported the upgrade.
>> >
>> > Bet regards,

>> --
>> Thomas Mortagne

Re: [myxwiki] XWiki Enterprise 9.1.1 Upgrade

Could you tell me one is your wiki so I can look at the log with the
error you reported and get more details.

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 3:30 PM, Thomas Mortagne
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> That's weird, from what I can see all CKEditor Integration JAR
> dependencies are installed on main wiki. Did you tried to upgrade it
> alone (not as part of the XWiki Enterprise upgrade) ?
>

> On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 3:25 PM, Ldm Public <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> The error occurs (at least) on CKEditor Integration.
>>

>> Regards,

>>> Which extension was it trying to upgrade/install when you got this error ?
>>>
>>> Sounds like it's trying to install a JAR extension which is not
>>> already installed during main wiki upgrade.

>>> --
>>> Thomas Mortagne

Re: [myxwiki] XWiki Enterprise 9.1.1 Upgrade

Would it be possible that you tried to upgrade your wiki before I send
this mail (so before I was done with main wiki upgrade) ?

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 3:32 PM, Thomas Mortagne
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Could you tell me one is your wiki so I can look at the log with the
> error you reported and get more details.
>
> On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 3:30 PM, Thomas Mortagne
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> That's weird, from what I can see all CKEditor Integration JAR
>> dependencies are installed on main wiki. Did you tried to upgrade it
>> alone (not as part of the XWiki Enterprise upgrade) ?
>>

>> On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 3:25 PM, Ldm Public <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> The error occurs (at least) on CKEditor Integration.
>>>

>>> Regards,

>> --
>> Thomas Mortagne

Re: [myxwiki] XWiki Enterprise 9.1.1 Upgrade

xrichard
First I had the error while performing the "Wiki Enterprise upgrade"
(automaticaly proposed on first Admin login). I'm not sure of the exact
extension causing the error.

Then I had a look to "upgradable extension" and the same error occurs on
CKEditor Integration.

Hope this helps,

Wiki concerned is http://tutos.myxwiki.org

> Could you tell me one is your wiki so I can look at the log with the
> error you reported and get more details.
>
> On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 3:30 PM, Thomas Mortagne
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > That's weird, from what I can see all CKEditor Integration JAR
> > dependencies are installed on main wiki. Did you tried to upgrade it
> > alone (not as part of the XWiki Enterprise upgrade) ?
> >

> > On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 3:25 PM, Ldm Public <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> The error occurs (at least) on CKEditor Integration.
> >>

> >> Regards,

> error ?

> user

> at:

> you

> > --
> > Thomas Mortagne

Re: [myxwiki] XWiki Enterprise 9.1.1 Upgrade

xrichard
Thomas,

I have tried the upgrade because / after you informed us about the 9.1.1
upgrade on MyXWiki.org

JOKE MODE ON
911 ? ... this is the EMERGENCY NUMBER ... I should have been more carefull
;-)).
JOKE MODE OFF

Best regards,

> Would it be possible that you tried to upgrade your wiki before I send
> this mail (so before I was done with main wiki upgrade) ?
>
> On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 3:32 PM, Thomas Mortagne
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Could you tell me one is your wiki so I can look at the log with the
> > error you reported and get more details.
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 3:30 PM, Thomas Mortagne
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> That's weird, from what I can see all CKEditor Integration JAR
> >> dependencies are installed on main wiki. Did you tried to upgrade it
> >> alone (not as part of the XWiki Enterprise upgrade) ?

> >:

> error ?

> user

> hosted
> at:

> you

> >> --
> >> Thomas Mortagne
> >

> > --
> > Thomas Mortagne

Re: [myxwiki] XWiki Enterprise 9.1.1 Upgrade

So looks like you told Distribution Wizard to never come back again.
Let me reset this and restart so that you get it back. If you have an
error again please tell me and don't cancel the wizard so that I can
look at it.

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 3:39 PM, Ldm Public <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thomas,
>
> I have tried the upgrade because / after you informed us about the 9.1.1
> upgrade on MyXWiki.org
>
> JOKE MODE ON
> 911 ? ... this is the EMERGENCY NUMBER ... I should have been more carefull
> ;-)).
> JOKE MODE OFF
>
> Best regards,

>> Would it be possible that you tried to upgrade your wiki before I send
>> this mail (so before I was done with main wiki upgrade) ?
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 3:32 PM, Thomas Mortagne
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Could you tell me one is your wiki so I can look at the log with the
>> > error you reported and get more details.

>> >:

>> error ?

>> user

>> hosted
>> at:

>> you

>> > --
>> > Thomas Mortagne
>>

>> --
>> Thomas Mortagne

Re: [myxwiki] XWiki Enterprise 9.1.1 Upgrade

xrichard
Ok. On the wizard I have just clicked on "Report" button not on "Never ask
again" button (which does not exist as far as I know).

Waiting for your instructions ;-).

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 4:03 PM, Ldm Public <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ok. On the wizard I have just clicked on "Report" button not on "Never ask
> again" button (which does not exist as far as I know).

Actually you cliked "Annuler" instead of "Reporter" according to the log.

> Waiting for your instructions ;-).

As I said, just follow the Distribution Wizard but don't cancel it if
you have an error this time so that I can see it.

>> So looks like you told Distribution Wizard to never come back again.
>> Let me reset this and restart so that you get it back. If you have an
>> error again please tell me and don't cancel the wizard so that I can
>> look at it.
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 3:39 PM, Ldm Public <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Thomas,
>> >
>> > I have tried the upgrade because / after you informed us about the 9.1.1
>> > upgrade on MyXWiki.org
>> >
>> > JOKE MODE ON
>> > 911 ? ... this is the EMERGENCY NUMBER ... I should have been more
>> carefull
>> > ;-)).
>> > JOKE MODE OFF
>> >
>> > Best regards,

>> for

>> version

>> when

>> --
>> Thomas Mortagne

Re: [myxwiki] XWiki Enterprise 9.1.1 Upgrade

xrichard
Hi,

In the Wizard, (first ?) error is on "XWiki Enterprise Flavor - Sub Wiki".

Regards,

PS: I'm 80% sure I've clicked on "Report" button ;-(.

> On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 4:03 PM, Ldm Public <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Ok. On the wizard I have just clicked on "Report" button not on "Never
> ask
> > again" button (which does not exist as far as I know).
>
> Actually you cliked "Annuler" instead of "Reporter" according to the log.
>

> > Waiting for your instructions ;-).
>
> As I said, just follow the Distribution Wizard but don't cancel it if
> you have an error this time so that I can see it.

> >> So looks like you told Distribution Wizard to never come back again.
> >> Let me reset this and restart so that you get it back. If you have an
> >> error again please tell me and don't cancel the wizard so that I can
> >> look at it.

> 9.1.1

> >> carefull

> >:

> send

> the

> it

> >> [hidden email]

> this

> Wiki]
> >> for

> >> version

> >> when

> follow

> >> --
> >> Thomas Mortagne

Re: [myxwiki] XWiki Enterprise 9.1.1 Upgrade

xrichard
Rights error "Access denied when checking [programming] access to xxx" also
occur when upgrading for extesions:
- Wiki Application for subwikis
- XWiki Enterprise - UI - Common
- XWiki Platform - Wiki - UI - Common
- ...
the list is very very long.

Is there something I can do?

> In the Wizard, (first ?) error is on "XWiki Enterprise Flavor - Sub Wiki".
>
> Regards,
>
> PS: I'm 80% sure I've clicked on "Report" button ;-(.

>> On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 4:03 PM, Ldm Public <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Ok. On the wizard I have just clicked on "Report" button not on "Never
>> ask
>> > again" button (which does not exist as far as I know).
>>
>> Actually you cliked "Annuler" instead of "Reporter" according to the log.
>>

>> > Waiting for your instructions ;-).
>>
>> As I said, just follow the Distribution Wizard but don't cancel it if
>> you have an error this time so that I can see it.

>> 9.1.1

>> send

>> the

>> upgrade it

>> this

>> Wiki]

>> wiki

>> i/bin/view/AdminGuide/Upgrade#

>> follow

>> --
>> Thomas Mortagne

Re: [myxwiki] XWiki Enterprise 9.1.1 Upgrade

Thanks, I'm looking.

Looks like we have some regression that makes Extension Manager
require programming right instead of admin right to install the XAR
extension org.xwiki.enterprise:xwiki-enterprise-ui-wiki-9.1.1.

Should be fixed quickly.

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 5:39 PM, Ldm Public <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Rights error "Access denied when checking [programming] access to xxx" also
> occur when upgrading for extesions:
> - Wiki Application for subwikis
> - XWiki Enterprise - UI - Common
> - XWiki Platform - Wiki - UI - Common
> - ...
> the list is very very long.
>
> Is there something I can do?

>> In the Wizard, (first ?) error is on "XWiki Enterprise Flavor - Sub Wiki".
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> PS: I'm 80% sure I've clicked on "Report" button ;-(.

>>> ask
>>>
>>> Actually you cliked "Annuler" instead of "Reporter" according to the log.

>>> As I said, just follow the Distribution Wizard but don't cancel it if
>>> you have an error this time so that I can see it.

>>> 9.1.1

>>> send

>>> the

>>> upgrade it

>>> this

>>> Wiki]

>>> wiki

>>> i/bin/view/AdminGuide/Upgrade#

>>> follow

>>> --
>>> Thomas Mortagne

Re: [myxwiki] XWiki Enterprise 9.1.1 Upgrade

In the meantime I upgraded your wiki myself so that you are not stuck.

On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 5:43 PM, Thomas Mortagne
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks, I'm looking.
>
> Looks like we have some regression that makes Extension Manager
> require programming right instead of admin right to install the XAR
> extension org.xwiki.enterprise:xwiki-enterprise-ui-wiki-9.1.1.
>
> Should be fixed quickly.
>
> On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 5:39 PM, Ldm Public <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Rights error "Access denied when checking [programming] access to xxx" also
>> occur when upgrading for extesions:
>> - Wiki Application for subwikis
>> - XWiki Enterprise - UI - Common
>> - XWiki Platform - Wiki - UI - Common
>> - ...
>> the list is very very long.
>>
>> Is there something I can do?

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> In the Wizard, (first ?) error is on "XWiki Enterprise Flavor - Sub Wiki".
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> PS: I'm 80% sure I've clicked on "Report" button ;-(.

Re: [myxwiki] XWiki Enterprise 9.1.1 Upgrade

xrichard
Many thanks!

Have a nice week-end,

> In the meantime I upgraded your wiki myself so that you are not stuck.
>
> On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 5:43 PM, Thomas Mortagne
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Thanks, I'm looking.
> >
> > Looks like we have some regression that makes Extension Manager
> > require programming right instead of admin right to install the XAR
> > extension org.xwiki.enterprise:xwiki-enterprise-ui-wiki-9.1.1.
> >
> > Should be fixed quickly.
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 5:39 PM, Ldm Public <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Rights error "Access denied when checking [programming] access to xxx"
> also
> >> occur when upgrading for extesions:
> >> - Wiki Application for subwikis
> >> - XWiki Enterprise - UI - Common
> >> - XWiki Platform - Wiki - UI - Common
> >> - ...
> >> the list is very very long.
> >>
> >> Is there something I can do?

> Wiki".

> >:

> "Never

> log.

> again.
> an
> can

> the

> more

> with

> JAR

> got

> is not

> [hidden email]>

> this

> wiki

> can

> > --
> > Thomas Mortagne

Re: [myxwiki] XWiki Enterprise 9.1.1 Upgrade

I cannot reproduce the issue locally yet. Would be great if you could
try to install some application (for example the forum) in you wiki
and see if it works.

12