[myxwiki] new wiki request

xrichard
This post was updated on .
Hello,

I had a dream ;-) to share my personnal notes and geek tips through a wiki rather than on text files stored on my hard drive. I started to write tutorials on a cloud wiki(1) but I discovered that cloud wiki does not allow guest comments and runs an old version of xwiki(2).

I have discovered later that it's possible to run a full wiki if we gently ask on this mailing list. Please find below my wiki request.

- My MyXWiki.org's user name: xrichard
- Description of the Wiki: first level tutorials on Windows, Android, Ubuntu and maybe more
- Server Name for this new wiki: tutos

I hope a kind admin will create this wiki for me on the "XWiki Community farm". Thanks in advance ;-).

Notes:
1. my test Wiki (sorry it's in french): http://tuto.cloud.xwiki.com
2. limitations on cloud xwiki, see discussion here: http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/Guest-access-on-wiki-hosted-on-cloud-xwiki-com-td7582834.html

Re: [myxwiki] new wiki request

xrichard
Hello,

My request is still pending. I want to experiment an "full" wiki to host "geek tutorials".

My initial request was:
- My user name: xrichard
- Description of the Wiki: first level tutorials on Windows, Android, Ubuntu and maybe more
- Server Name for this new wiki: tutos

If something is wrong please let met know .

Best regards,

Re: [myxwiki] new wiki request

Guillaume Lerouge
Hi xrichard,

many XWiki community members are currently on holiday. I guess they'll
start checking their email regularly again early next year.

I would encourage you to keep using XWiki Cloud for now and re-post here in
about a week if your request is still pending.

Best,

Guillaume

On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 5:09 PM, xrichard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My request is still pending. I want to experiment an "full" wiki to host
> "geek tutorials".
>
> My initial request was:
> - My user name: xrichard
> - Description of the Wiki: first level tutorials on Windows, Android,
> Ubuntu
> and maybe more
> - Server Name for this new wiki: tutos
>
> If something is wrong please let met know .
>
> Best regards,

Re: [myxwiki] new wiki request

xrichard
Thanks Guillaume for your answer ... That's fine because I'm not in a hurry :-) .

Can you tell me if it's possible to export then import a Wiki space and all its
pages? If so I will continue to create page in cloud Wiki with confidence.

Best regards,

Re: [myxwiki] new wiki request

Sergiu Dumitriu-3
On 12/26/2012 01:41 PM, Ldm Public wrote:
> Thanks Guillaume for your answer ... That's fine because I'm not in a
> hurry :-) .
>
> Can you tell me if it's possible to export then import a Wiki space and
> all its pages? If so I will continue to create page in cloud Wiki with
> confidence.

Yes, it's possible.

See http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/ImportExport

http://purl.org/net/sergiu/

Re: [myxwiki] new wiki request

xrichard
Hello,

I hope admins are back from vacation  so I send again my "holiday" request :

- My MyXWiki.org's user name: xrichard
- Description of the Wiki: first level tutorials on Windows, Android, Ubuntu and maybe more
- Server Name for this new wiki: tutos

Thanks for your answer, best regards,

Re: [myxwiki] new wiki request

You can access your new wiki on http://tutos.myxwiki.org.

Sorry for the delay.

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 5:01 PM, xrichard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I hope admins are back from vacation  so I send again my "holiday" request :
>
> - My MyXWiki.org's user name: xrichard
> - Description of the Wiki: first level tutorials on Windows, Android, Ubuntu
> and maybe more
> - Server Name for this new wiki: tutos
>
> Thanks for your answer, best regards,

Re: [myxwiki] new wiki request

xrichard
Many thanks!!

On XWiki cloud I was also missing page history ;-(.

Happy new year ;-).

Le 06/01/2013 11:05, Thomas Mortagne [via XWiki] a écrit :
You can access your new wiki on http://tutos.myxwiki.org.

Sorry for the delay.

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 5:01 PM, xrichard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I hope admins are back from vacation  so I send again my "holiday" request :
>
> - My MyXWiki.org's user name: xrichard
> - Description of the Wiki: first level tutorials on Windows, Android, Ubuntu
> and maybe more
> - Server Name for this new wiki: tutos
>
> Thanks for your answer, best regards,

http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/myxwiki-new-wiki-request-tp7583032p7583123.html
To unsubscribe from [myxwiki] new wiki request, click here.
NAML

Re: [myxwiki] new wiki request

Jean-Vincent Drean
Hi,

The history tab is displayed by default in XWiki Cloud (you got me worried
for a second :) ).
You might have disabled it from the administration, in the "Page Elements"
section though.

On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 11:26 AM, xrichard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Many thanks!!
>
> On XWiki cloud I was also missing page history ;-(.
>
> Happy new year ;-).
>
> Le 06/01/2013 11:05, Thomas Mortagne [via XWiki] a écrit :
> > You can access your new wiki on http://tutos.myxwiki.org.
> >
> > Sorry for the delay.
> >
> > On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 5:01 PM, xrichard <[hidden email]
> > </user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=7583123&i=0>> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I hope admins are back from vacation  so I send again my "holiday"
> request :
> > >
> > > - My MyXWiki.org's user name: xrichard
> > > - Description of the Wiki: first level tutorials on Windows, Android,
> Ubuntu
> > > and maybe more
> > > - Server Name for this new wiki: tutos
> > >
> > > Thanks for your answer, best regards,
> > >

> > > --

> > Thomas Mortagne

> > <
> >.
> > NAML
> > <

http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml

Jean-Vincent Drean,
XWiki.

Re: [myxwiki] new wiki request

xrichard
I'm sorry, it's my mistake.

I have one more question:the search on my new Wiki returns no results at all whatever words I'm searching for. The only thing I've changed regarding search is: I have disabled dynamic results display while typing.

Is there again someting wrong I have done? How can I correct this or is it a bug?

2 other informations :
- search seems to works on other Wiki hosted at myxwiki.org
- I yet have imported one page (thru a *.xar file) from my old cloud wiki to my new wiki on myxwiki.org.

Best regards,

Re: [myxwiki] new wiki request

xrichard
Forget my request ... search is now working . Does anyone perform an operation on the server side? Is there an indexing job running at 23h40 (Paris time)?

Re: [myxwiki] new wiki request

On Jan 7, 2013, at 11:44 PM, xrichard <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Forget my request ... search is now working . Does anyone perform an
> operation on the server side? Is there an indexing job running at 23h40
> (Paris time)?

Not that I know but I don't know everything ;)