no locking in xwiki?

Hiller, Dean
no locking in xwiki?

I just edited a page with 2 users and last user won and was not notified that he was blowing away changes the other user just made.  Is there a way to turn on locking in xwiki?  I don't see this on the features list of xwiki but most wiki's have a feature to prevent a user from blowing away someone else's cahnges without knowing about it.

procedure to reproduce:
1. login with user1 and click edit the home page
2. login with user2 and click edit the home page
3. have user1 make changes and save the page
4. have user2 make changes and save the page

user1's changes are blown away and no one new about it.

thanks,
dean

RE: no locking in xwiki?

Hiller, Dean
RE: no locking in xwiki?

bizarre, I just got this error, but did not get it a second ago.  Did I screw up another part of my install?  thanks for any ideas here.

"This object is currently locked by: Dean Hiller.
Click here to force editing"

dean

Re: no locking in xwiki?

Have you seen any errors in the log  when clicking for one of the edits.
The fact that it worked again after that is weird. Are you sure you were
on 2 different browsers with 2 different users ?

Ludovic