(no subject)

Boris Gorelik
Dears,
I have tryed to upgrade my XWiki from 2.1.1 to 2.6, but I have an exception:

----------------------------------

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

        com.xpn.xwiki.web.ActionFilter.doFilter(ActionFilter.java:129)
        com.xpn.xwiki.wysiwyg.server.filter.ConversionFilter.doFilter(ConversionFilter.java:152)
        com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.webdav.XWikiDavFilter.doFilter(XWikiDavFilter.java:68)
        org.xwiki.container.servlet.filters.internal.SavedRequestRestorerFilter.doFilter(SavedRequestRestorerFilter.java:218)
        org.xwiki.container.servlet.filters.internal.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:112)

root cause

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xwiki/rendering/listener/Attachment
        java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
        java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
--------------
And really there isn't Attachment.class in xwiki-core-rendering-api-2.6.jar! (there is in 2.1.1)

What can I do?

Best regards

Boris Gorelik

Re: (no subject)

Hi Boris,

On Nov 30, 2010, at 1:05 PM, Boris Gorelik wrote:

> Dears,
> I have tryed to upgrade my XWiki from 2.1.1 to 2.6, but I have an exception:
>
> ----------------------------------
>
> type Exception report
>
> message
>
> description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
>
> exception
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception
> com.xpn.xwiki.web.ActionFilter.doFilter(ActionFilter.java:129)
> com.xpn.xwiki.wysiwyg.server.filter.ConversionFilter.doFilter(ConversionFilter.java:152)
> com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.webdav.XWikiDavFilter.doFilter(XWikiDavFilter.java:68)
> org.xwiki.container.servlet.filters.internal.SavedRequestRestorerFilter.doFilter(SavedRequestRestorerFilter.java:218)
> org.xwiki.container.servlet.filters.internal.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:112)
>
> root cause
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xwiki/rendering/listener/Attachment
> java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
> java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
> --------------
> And really there isn't Attachment.class in xwiki-core-rendering-api-2.6.jar! (there is in 2.1.1)
>
> What can I do?

This means you're using some custom page/code that uses org.xwiki.rendering.listener.Attachment but that class was renamed in 2.5
(see Release notes: http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/ReleaseNotes/ReleaseNotesXWikiEnterprise25 )

Of course all the code bundled with XE have had their code updated so it must be something custom you added to your wiki that is causing the problem but the stack trace you've pasted is not enough to determine what it is. We need the full stack trace.

Re: (no subject)

Tronicek
Hi Boris, Hi Vincent,

i realized a problem in MultiPageExportApplication. It requires the xwiki-collection plugin to be installed.
The problem is that xwiki-plugin-collection-1.1-xwiki20.jar has a reference to the Class org.xwiki.rendering.listener.Attachment

After removing the plugin from xwiki.cfg the ClassNotFoundException was gone. So remove:
com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.collection.CollectionPlugin, \

I've been missing a JIRA category for this. Vincent, can you report this error, please?
Thanks,
Rudi

Re: (no subject)

Hi Rudi,

On Dec 1, 2010, at 3:57 PM, Tronicek wrote:

> Hi Boris, Hi Vincent,
>
> i realized a problem in MultiPageExportApplication. It requires the
> xwiki-collection plugin to be installed.
> The problem is that xwiki-plugin-collection-1.1-xwiki20.jar has a reference
> to the Class org.xwiki.rendering.listener.Attachment
>
> After removing the plugin from xwiki.cfg the ClassNotFoundException was
> gone. So remove:
> com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.collection.CollectionPlugin, \
>
> I've been missing a JIRA category for this. Vincent, can you report this
> error, please?

Well right now this collection plugin is not developed nor supported by the xwiki dev team. It's not part of any release and doesn't have any jira project. It's been contributed by an individual (Ludovic Dubost). It's not even documented on code.xwiki.org...

It's only available here:
http://svn.xwiki.org/svnroot/xwiki/contrib/sandbox/xwiki-plugin-collection/

Since it's used by the mutipage export app it should be at least:
1) promoted to contrib/projects
2) documented on code.xwiki.org

Any taker for that?

Then we need to review it and decide if that's something we want in the platform (in which case we'll need to rewrite it as a component IMO) and if so take ownership of it.

So in the meantime, you could request access to the contrib sandbox and fix it, see:
http://contrib.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome
(note: we have a skin issue I've just noticed on contrib ;)).