(no subject)

Sarthak Gupta
Hello,
I have written some java code on 'transformations'.
https://pastebin.com/CCHsg0hq

In order to navigate to the required page, I am using the method
'ResourceReference' (highlighted region-line 86,87). Now I want to navigate
to the page named 'Glossary.doc' which is located in XWiki. I know my
current implementation is wrong and I have been struggling for 2 days to
find the right implementation/method.
Is there any method that I can use which can return me the String
'Glossary.doc' so that I can create a linkReference to the same page in
XWiki?

Thanks
Sarthak Gupta

Re: (no subject)

Paul Libbrecht-2
Hey Sarthak,

Is “Glossary.doc” an attachment??
“located in XWiki” is like saying “it’s in your shelf”. It’s a bit unprecise!
References are to pages with a space and a name; attachments have a name after this.

If you want to reference the same page you probably need to start with the current page’s reference which the context should provided you (normally in the form of the “doc” variable).

Any reason you did not start with a groovy or velocity script? At least the variable would be there.

paul

> On 26 Jun 2017, at 11:12, Sarthak Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I have written some java code on 'transformations'.
> https://pastebin.com/CCHsg0hq
>
> In order to navigate to the required page, I am using the method
> 'ResourceReference' (highlighted region-line 86,87). Now I want to navigate
> to the page named 'Glossary.doc' which is located in XWiki. I know my
> current implementation is wrong and I have been struggling for 2 days to
> find the right implementation/method.
> Is there any method that I can use which can return me the String
> 'Glossary.doc' so that I can create a linkReference to the same page in
> XWiki?
>
> Thanks
> Sarthak Gupta

Re: (no subject)

Sarthak Gupta
Hello Paul,

Just to be clear, the transformation searches for the word on the wiki
pages which matches the glossary entries already present in glossary space.
Here 'doc' is a glossary item present in 'Glossary' space. The
transformation searches for the word 'doc' on the wiki pages and creates
the link to the 'doc' page present in 'Glossary' space i.e I want to
navigate to 'Glossary.doc'(space.page).
In my code, I know the name of the page('doc'), and I want to navigate to
the page 'doc' present in 'Glossary' Space. And I am not able to find out,
how to do that? Is there some method for doing this?

The highlighted code in the Pastebin is totally wrong and I want a
replacement for it.

Thanks
Sarthak Gupta

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 5:20 PM, "Expédition Est (Paris Match)" <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey Sarthak,
>
> Is “Glossary.doc” an attachment??
> “located in XWiki” is like saying “it’s in your shelf”. It’s a bit
> unprecise!
> References are to pages with a space and a name; attachments have a name
> after this.
>
> If you want to reference the same page you probably need to start with the
> current page’s reference which the context should provided you (normally in
> the form of the “doc” variable).
>
> Any reason you did not start with a groovy or velocity script? At least
> the variable would be there.
>
> paul
>

> > On 26 Jun 2017, at 11:12, Sarthak Gupta <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> > I have written some java code on 'transformations'.
> > https://pastebin.com/CCHsg0hq
> >
> > In order to navigate to the required page, I am using the method
> > 'ResourceReference' (highlighted region-line 86,87). Now I want to
> navigate
> > to the page named 'Glossary.doc' which is located in XWiki. I know my
> > current implementation is wrong and I have been struggling for 2 days to
> > find the right implementation/method.
> > Is there any method that I can use which can return me the String
> > 'Glossary.doc' so that I can create a linkReference to the same page in
> > XWiki?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Sarthak Gupta

Re: (no subject)

Paul Libbrecht-2
Oh, you mean to go from a string to a reference?
That seems well documented:
        https://network.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/DocXE741En/ModelModule
paul

> On 26 Jun 2017, at 16:26, Sarthak Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Paul,
>
> Just to be clear, the transformation searches for the word on the wiki
> pages which matches the glossary entries already present in glossary space.
> Here 'doc' is a glossary item present in 'Glossary' space. The
> transformation searches for the word 'doc' on the wiki pages and creates
> the link to the 'doc' page present in 'Glossary' space i.e I want to
> navigate to 'Glossary.doc'(space.page).
> In my code, I know the name of the page('doc'), and I want to navigate to
> the page 'doc' present in 'Glossary' Space. And I am not able to find out,
> how to do that? Is there some method for doing this?
>
> The highlighted code in the Pastebin is totally wrong and I want a
> replacement for it.
>
> Thanks
> Sarthak Gupta
>
> On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 5:20 PM, "Expédition Est (Paris Match)" <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hey Sarthak,
>>
>> Is “Glossary.doc” an attachment??
>> “located in XWiki” is like saying “it’s in your shelf”. It’s a bit
>> unprecise!
>> References are to pages with a space and a name; attachments have a name
>> after this.
>>
>> If you want to reference the same page you probably need to start with the
>> current page’s reference which the context should provided you (normally in
>> the form of the “doc” variable).
>>
>> Any reason you did not start with a groovy or velocity script? At least
>> the variable would be there.
>>
>> paul
>>

>>> On 26 Jun 2017, at 11:12, Sarthak Gupta <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>> I have written some java code on 'transformations'.
>>> https://pastebin.com/CCHsg0hq
>>>
>>> In order to navigate to the required page, I am using the method
>>> 'ResourceReference' (highlighted region-line 86,87). Now I want to
>> navigate
>>> to the page named 'Glossary.doc' which is located in XWiki. I know my
>>> current implementation is wrong and I have been struggling for 2 days to
>>> find the right implementation/method.
>>> Is there any method that I can use which can return me the String
>>> 'Glossary.doc' so that I can create a linkReference to the same page in
>>> XWiki?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Sarthak Gupta

Re: (no subject)

Sarthak Gupta
Hello Paul,
Thanks a lot...That was all I wanted... :)

Thanks
Sarthak Gupta